Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
I thought the Savage was a cruiser............ (Read 986 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: I thought the Savage was a cruiser............
Reply #15 - 02/05/17 at 21:33:36

Maybe we should meet for lunch in Helen Ga. sometime , and see who rides by ?     I'll bet there and back is only a two day ride for a lot of us !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 02/06/17 at 04:17:01

pg wrote on 02/05/17 at 12:11:44:
Was that you Dave?

No....not me.  I could ride my TM125 like that 40 years ago, and my trials bike was incredible to own and ride......but my Savage has never had the front wheel off the ground, and never been off road other than when we park in the grass at the campgrounds or Oldfeller takes us down a gravel road.

The fellow has to compensate for the forward pegs by putting one foot on the passenger peg when riding wheelies.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #17 - 02/06/17 at 12:17:00

He is also using the rear brake if you look close. Probably a pro stunt bike rider and the savage is just a toy to play with !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #18 - 02/06/17 at 14:15:53

Ruttly : and the savage is just a toy to play with !

The Savage deffinally makes a nice toy !  

I've been looking to see what would keep my bike keeping up with Helen's bike .  

When sliding across those logs I'd loose a muffler .
When doing wheelies in dirt I'd break traction.
When doing the 180 turn I'd probably break me.

Grin

sure was good to see the Savage "could" do all that !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 02/06/17 at 15:00:52

MMRanch wrote on 02/06/17 at 14:15:53:
Ruttly : and the savage is just a toy to play with !

The Savage deffinally makes a nice toy !  

I've been looking to see what would keep my bike keeping up with Helen's bike .  

When sliding across those logs I'd loose a muffler .
When doing wheelies in dirt I'd break traction.
When doing the 180 turn I'd probably break me.

Grin

sure was good to see the Savage "could" do all that !

I'm just Thrilled knowing you're so happy about what all the bike is capable of. Now I know just how much of a rider I'm not. I wish he would find this place.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
DieselBob

Thumper - One Who
Thumps

Goshen, IN
Reply #20 - 02/06/17 at 16:03:58

I want to know what that muffler is. I too like the sound. And when you do a freeze frame it's not anything with which I'm familiar. Anyone have a Youtube account to chase this guy down?

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 02/07/17 at 05:22:08

Great video!!!  I'd like to claim it was me but I can't ride a wheelie to save my life.  The rest of it, no problem...on a "proper" bike! Ha, ha!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #22 - 02/07/17 at 08:38:06

WOW!!!!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #23 - 02/07/17 at 08:44:55

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/06/17 at 15:00:52:
Now I know just how much of a rider I'm not.

Grin Grin Grin

++1 !!!...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #24 - 02/07/17 at 08:49:48

Is that you agreeing that you're also not so great or just taking a poke at me?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Chaz
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 02/11/17 at 23:06:58

Such a cool video, beautiful bike. Thanks for sharing!

I'm a young biker trying to learn with little to no automotive experience.
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #26 - 02/12/17 at 13:32:04

In this case the saying should be it's not the bike it's the lack of common sense of the rider. Sure you can ride any bike off road and do stunts with it but if it isn't designed for that all your doing is beating the snot out of it and sending it to an early grave while also having no regard for your own safety.

Back when I rode hare scrambles I did much of the same stuff this guy did plus some more really insane stuff like jumping off of cliffs and then riding back up them and negotiating mucky bottomless swamps and strong running deep creeks that would make my ATV start floating downstream. I did all of these things on both my trikes and a Reflex 200 trials bike. I could ride the rocky beaches of Long Island Sound at breakneck speeds nobody else in the right mind dare attempt even below the tide mark where all the slimy seaweed covered the rocks and made them like riding on ice.

But I wasn't stupid about it. I rode the proper kinds of bikes which were designed for that stuff and further equipped those machines for best performance and safety in those conditions. I could ride my LS650 like that if I was eager to risk some broken bones and destroy the bike along the way but that doesn't make a lick of sense. The person in that video is an irresponsible moron! And he's setting a crappy example too.

I've jumped my little Thumpy and I can tell you the landings are not pretty, especially on pavement. Yes it can be done. Should it be done? No! IT's stupid, it's dangerous and it will wreck the bike and you too.

I'm sure somebody somewhere is watching this video and thinking I want to be that guy when I grow up. The bad part is that somebody may never get to grow up if he follows that example.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #27 - 02/12/17 at 13:46:31

That jakkass could probably ride a unicycle up a tree when he was three.. Imagine what he could do with a hopped up dirt bike and a motocross track.
When he hopped that fallen tree he came down almost vertical, how he kept the handle bars from turning and landing on his head IDK..

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #28 - 02/12/17 at 14:43:57

Bob :   I want to know what that muffler is. I too like the sound. And when you do a freeze frame it's not anything with which I'm familiar. Anyone have a Youtube account to chase this guy down?

I think this may be it .    I've got the chrome version on my S-40 ,  The small end fits inside the header pipe extension and the big end takes a removal baffle.  

If ya work your header pipe extension just right then the mounting bolt fits the factory Suzuki mounting hole perfectly , and  there is enough uncovered swingarm out past the muffler to use a sport-bike lift on the rear !  Wink

12_inch_shorty.jpg

philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #29 - 02/12/17 at 15:42:16

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/12/17 at 13:46:31:
That jakkass could probably ride a unicycle up a tree when he was three.. Imagine what he could do with a hopped up dirt bike and a motocross track.
When he hopped that fallen tree he came down almost vertical, how he kept the handle bars from turning and landing on his head IDK..  

Justin I too am surprised he didn't break his chin there. The guy must be hulk strong.

That was very bad form. I imagine he'd still have bad form on a proper dirt bike too. Logs, rocks, train tracks etc. should be approached at a steady speed (dictated by the vertical height of obstacle and wheelbase of bike) with the rider standing upright in the middle of the bike. When the front wheel hits it should be encouraged to pop up but throttle off once popped. Before the back wheel hits the rider should be leaned forward since the front is now in the air. Once the back wheel makes contact the throttle should be carefully blipped to make the bike airborne and then maintained just enough so torque keeps the front end up while the bike hops over the obstacle. If the obstacle is longer than a log but narrower than a set of train tracks you simply jump right over it. Tap the back brake a bit after clearing to bring the front end down in a controlled manner for a smoother landing. If the obstacles is longer than train tracks ride a wheelie across the top of it assuming there's clearance to do so.

A cruiser's frame geometry isn't suitable for these kinds of acrobatics. That's why dude came down like he did. It could have been worse if he didn't catch himself with his right leg. He'd have really wished he was wearing proper protective gear then. As it is he likely couldn't walk or sleep comfortably for awhile due to pain in his knee, hip and shoulders.

I have to say this every time I watch some stunt driving jackass pull this stuff.
I bought a full chest protector and the thing saved me from becoming wheelchair bound for the rest of my life the very 1st time I wore it.
You want to do daring things off road then fine at least be smart about it and use the proper gear to protect your health and your life.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 08:31:36

General CategoryThe Cafe › I thought the Savage was a cruiser............

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.