Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Suzuki Extended Protection (Read 212 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Suzuki Extended Protection
Reply #15 - 01/31/17 at 10:23:13

Ruttly wrote on 01/31/17 at 10:15:04:
Versy , I'm just going to bring my bikes to you from now on ! What's You labor rate ? Yup put all on a trailer and bring them down ! Grin

No labor, instruction only.

I did say at least and was based on the best quote I've ever heard over 10 yrs here.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 01/31/17 at 10:30:37

Tires and batteries are known wear/ use items. Warranty won't touch that. And the cam chain falls into the same category.
If you want to ride, you will need to learn to maintain it, else it will be sitting in the shop, waiting for the least qualified tech to work on it. We've seen at least two engines destroyed by Professional Mechanics putting the oil filter in bakkerds.
While You're piddling on Your bike You'll be looking at little things that need a touch. A mechanic in a shop just wants to be finished. I'd expect to see your bike sitting while the money making jobs get done.
I've seen only a couple of people come here and fail to keep it runnin. I literally can only think of two.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #17 - 01/31/17 at 11:10:07

!00% on all covered repairs! SO! what's covered? I'd want to see this in writing ! I'd also want to see what isn't covered! What are you really getting for your money!$4114 for a 5yr warranty in CA, for $1600 more you could buy a new bike just for parts,now that's a warranty!

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #18 - 01/31/17 at 16:26:27

Yep, 100% on all covered parts..
Wow..
What They say is covered just might not be what you think should be covered.
Can you change exhaust and jetting and still have a warranty?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Buster

Motul 3000 10w40
Zinc 1407ppm

Oklahoma
Reply #19 - 02/01/17 at 03:08:41

Decided against it. Cost of having the dealer doing all scheduled maintenance just to keep warranty in effect would be very costly. And I'd be pretty upset if the dealer tried to convince me that the timing chain was a normal-wear maintenance item and not covered under warranty. Not sure this dealer would try that on me, but it could be a costly gamble. Other than adding a Suzuki pillow gel seat and windshield, my bike will remain 100% stock - no plans to ever alter exhaust, air filter or any carburetor mods. Thanks for the advice.

2015 S40 (Pearl Moon Stone Gray)
OEM Pillow Seat - OEM Windshield

"Some may call this junk. Me, I call them treasures."
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #20 - 02/01/17 at 04:24:08

Buster wrote on 02/01/17 at 03:08:41:
Other than adding a Suzuki pillow gel seat and windshield, my bike will remain 100% stock - no plans to ever alter exhaust, air filter or any carburetor mods.

You should consider the Raptor petcock.....at a minimum you should put a golf tee and vacuum port cap in your tool kit, and know where to put them and how to set your stock petcock on PRI to get home safely....in case (when) your stock petcock decides to fail.

You may also want to re-think the not going to mess with the carb jetting....if your bike hesitates or runs uneven at low throttle settings (like when you leave a STOP sign in a school zone with the Police watching you).  The white spacer mod will eliminate the lean condition and allow the engine to run smoother.  It is a very worthwhile change if your bike has the problem...most of the bikes I have ridden have this lean surge at the 500'-800' elevation where I live.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Buster

Motul 3000 10w40
Zinc 1407ppm

Oklahoma
Reply #21 - 02/01/17 at 05:14:34

Right now the only thing I notice, probably from riding when it's 31 degrees, is that I need to use the choke for about 5 minutes to keep it running smooth. Once warmed up everything seems just fine - Not sure how it will do at low speeds this summer in Oklahoma, but I'd hate to do any mods that would "fix" the backfires. I will consider installing the Raptor petcock sometime.

2015 S40 (Pearl Moon Stone Gray)
OEM Pillow Seat - OEM Windshield

"Some may call this junk. Me, I call them treasures."
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #22 - 02/01/17 at 08:05:02

You might change your mind about the carb when you see your exhaust header turning a hideous blue color,from running to lean,and your motor running very hot in summer . All the mods to the carb are easily changed back to stock! but I doubt you would after you find that the bike runs so much smoother and stronger with them,and that most of the backfire is gone.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 02/01/17 at 10:13:03

Once you've got a few thousand miles on it and have done the valves, maybe pulled the rear wheel and had a tire mounted, you'll get comfortable with tinkering.. and the carb won't be so mysterious and spooky to touch. Remember that a project that YOU set the schedule on gives you preparation time. For days before actually grabbing tools you can drizzle penetrating oil on the carb bowl screws. Antisieze is your friend when you put stuff together.
Stainless steel allen heads are the usual replacements, though I kept the stock bolts and just hit them with antisieze, but the Allen head bolts allow for pulling the bowl with the carb still on the bike. And you can swap jets with it installed.
Check the header bolts at the head if it's backfiring a lot. They are a regular maintenance item. Don't even Try to tighten them so they never work loose. They aren't stout and they are screwed into aluminum. Better to need to snug them up every few months than be trying to get new threads in the head,  
Use a 1/4" drive ratchet and don't use both hands, be gentle. FEEL the threads clamping down. Another good place for antisieze.

IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #24 - 02/01/17 at 11:27:05

I don't know where you are in Oklahoma but you are probably at least 1200' above sea level.

I would suggest that you at least change the petcock, remove the brass plug to adjust the idle mixture and raise the needle a small amount by reducing the thickness of the plastic washer on top of it.

If you are near Oklahoma City. And feel that you must use a dealer I have a friend in OKC who used to be a Suzuki dealer. He will treat you right but professional labor rates are still going to be expensive. :'(

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 12:15:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Suzuki Extended Protection

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.