Got pulled over.... (Read 309 times)
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Re: Got pulled over....
Reply #30 - 02/01/17 at 07:58:19

In my own neighborhood I always stop foot down so I give a nice responsible impression to the folks I live by.
Otherwise, elsewhere I do the foot up stop. Around here almost everybody rolls through stop signs and half of them roll through stop lights too. But there's also quite alot of people who'll wave a bike though regardless of right-o-way which I find pretty generous.

As for the HD riding fashion victims I could care less what they think. The crusty old one lives across the alley from me is a jerk. He walked into my driveway to look at my bike one day, made a noise in his throat and walked away without even acknowledging my presence. He ever does it again I'll tell him he is trespassing. Let him go sit in his garage with his smug attitude debating on whether he wants to risk tarnishing his chrome or breaking down once a month or once every other month. His poor bike sits alot. I imagine he has to save up for towing fees before each excursion just to cover his ass.
Sport Adventure guys wave to me, rice rocket guys wave to me, big touring cruiser dudes wave, dual sport riders wave, people on japanese cruisers wave. the HD riders not so much. Fashion victims are unfriendly I guess.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #31 - 02/02/17 at 09:26:27

I want nothing to do with anything that looks like a Harley!!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
Rayven

Colorado
Reply #32 - 02/03/17 at 16:04:19

I was told the law around here is that if you don't put BOTH feet on the ground at a stop sign they can technically give you a ticket...

All I have left to do...is a lot...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #33 - 02/03/17 at 16:30:09

old_rider wrote on 02/01/17 at 06:22:04:
While wearing my "Harley Davidson" jacket and riding my Ninja 300, I had two riders pull up behind me and yell "Hey hope you know that ain't no harley"
I pushed up my modular front looked back (grungy looking beard and grandpa face) and low and behold they were on sportsters (big grin), I yelled back, " yeah, my road glide is in the garage, with my four other bikes."
"So why are you riding your girlfriends bike?"
I might add my jacket is old and sun faded, they were wearing those new faux leather vests.... yup, you know the type.
My bud kevin got a great laugh out of it, guess they didn't want to mess with to old grungy looking riders Smiley

GREAT story.....

However, its not Harley's fault.

Marketing assures sales, and vibrant future, a good thing for any business.
Fact is, I am willing to bet that is why they now offer the sportster with training wheels  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #34 - 02/04/17 at 06:41:04

I am guessing that one of the sales requirements is that no sales to anyone with an IQ over 10.

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
Buster

Motul 3000 10w40
Zinc 1407ppm

Oklahoma
Reply #35 - 02/04/17 at 14:11:12

I was recently riding down Riverside drive (Tulsa) when I came to stop light at same as the motorcycle policeman beside me did. I stopped and put both feet down. He kept both his feet up on the boards and started doing little wiggle balance checks to keep bike upright. Lasted quite awhile, and I was impressed. As for stop signs...I roll to a complete stop and look both ways and if nothing is coming at me and I'm still steady, I never put my feet down.

2015 S40 (Pearl Moon Stone Gray)
OEM Pillow Seat - OEM Windshield

"Some may call this junk. Me, I call them treasures."
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 09:28:24

General CategoryThe Cafe › Got pulled over....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.