LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: This wins my vote...
Reply #15 - 01/25/17 at 16:03:48

I had my GOLDSTAR for over 20 years and had Japanese bikes as well and never had any issues in switching back and forth, it just seemed natural for whatever I was riding at the time.  Once I was on the road it just came natural.

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #16 - 01/25/17 at 17:21:33

Ruttly makes a good point about left hand kick starts, as a result of work I did some years ago my left knee is getting more and more dodgy.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 01/30/17 at 05:24:31

I went to the Garage Brew bike show on Saturday, and I saw a set of handlebars that would be tough to ride with.  The guy has a Draw Knife that was used at an ice house to trim the blocks square.....for some reason he thought they would make a nice set of handlebars.

The hardest part for me in trying to adapt to these bars.....was that the throttle turned the opposite way!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #18 - 01/30/17 at 17:34:47

Was it art or something you could ride?

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 01/30/17 at 20:40:36

If I was gonna use the draw knife I woulda turned it the other way. That's kinda dumb looking.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #20 - 01/31/17 at 03:28:28

Kris01 wrote on 01/30/17 at 17:34:47:
Was it art or something you could ride?

These shows have about half of the bikes that can be ridden in some form.......and the other half just seem to be some form of art.....I bet that a very small number of the bikes are ridden on a regular basis.

In the "can be ridden" group was the 1960 Harley XLCH, a very nicely restored 1968 Honda CB 450, a Ducati GT750,  a Norton Commando, a retired T500 Suzuki Road Racer that had been converted back to being barely street legal, a pair of nicely restored Harley Davidson (Aremachi) 50cc motorcycles, a RD350 road racer replica, and a several Honda twin Cafe' projects.....most of the bikes in this group could be ridden - but are bikes that don't appear to get ridden often.

In the "art" group were a lot of Bobber or Brat bikes that were most likely never ridden.....and the tires with the nubs on them prove they have not been ridden since the last set of tires were put on.  Some of these bikes appear to be impossible to ride, as the seats are low, the footpegs are about a foot lower and farther forward than the seat.....and the handlebars look like an impossible reach for anybody under 7 feet tall.  Many of these bike lack any kind of "legal" lighting.....and often there was no place to put a license plate.  One of the bikes was a Honda 350 that was created to look like a 60's drag bike that was raced, then abandoned and discovered 40 years later.......it was a "build you own barn find" project!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:21:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › This wins my vote...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.