Rear Disk Brakes (Read 287 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Rear Disk Brakes
Reply #15 - 01/22/17 at 08:40:43

What it does is
Everything the front brake doesn't, minus engine, which Still uses rear tire Traction and aero drag.
The more front brake is applied, the more weight transfer to front, the less traction is there for the rear tire.
So, the harder you are stopping, the less rear brake you can use. Unless you believe that in the fraction of a second prior to making a Stoppie the rear brake is affecting speed.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
DieselBob

Thumper - One Who
Thumps

Goshen, IN
Reply #16 - 02/12/17 at 22:02:25

Since I was posting this bike elsewhere on the forum, I'm dropping this pic into the mix. Contrary to recommendations thus far, this lad appears to have a rear disc that's substantially larger than the front. And unless one of us is conversant in Chinese, we'll never know how it worked.
I'm not wild about his brake line routing. And we're going to agree there's another stay on the backside of the shock mount that's simply not visible in this picture.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #17 - 02/12/17 at 22:50:53

DieselBob, The use of a disc brake on that bike may even be as good an idea as that oil line running to the end of the cam shaft,that is to say useless! Looking at the bike in question, Bad exhaust ,rear disc mounted backward ,bad seat cover ,etc.I'd say the builder is clueless.Any mod done to your bike should be safe and functional ,rather than just to be different.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 12:29:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rear Disk Brakes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.