Some Like it Hot (Read 227 times)
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Re: Some Like it Hot
Reply #15 - 01/19/17 at 08:03:40

hey old.indian. I wish I could make that fiery foods festival. sounds like good times!

I'm gonna look up that Mae Ploi Thai Chili Sauce Rodger

Hey Ruttly I've tried Toxic Waste and pussed out. It was disgustingly hot. That Acid Rain is in the same arena with it's 6 types of peppers. I'm only occasionally brave enough for it.

NDUJA looks interesting mpescatori. I'm gonna have to find some.

I'm a huge fan of horseradish and wasabi too!

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #16 - 02/17/17 at 18:52:06

Finally found a use for Acid Rain besides personal protection weapon.
Mix it in the ratio of 4-5 drops per tablespoon of cocktail sauce. Dip some shrimp and enjoy the zesty taste it its 6 different peppers. When you take the heat of it down with something you can actually taste the mix of peppers instead of your face melting and it is really quite good!

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #17 - 02/17/17 at 19:34:51

Mike I only tried it and then gave it away ! My stomach won't tolerate anything too hot anymore , I love it but just can't deal it anymore.
But you have at it until you insides come out your backside ! Embarrassed

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #18 - 02/18/17 at 08:50:48

Yeah, some of that stuff is too hot for me. I prefer the warm stuff.

IMG_0177_1.JPG

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #19 - 02/18/17 at 08:58:50

Found "Ghost Pepper Sauce" for sale. Shocked  Yes, it had warning labels ....  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #20 - 02/18/17 at 15:02:01

Springman, Me and you would get along just fine. Patron Silver/Blanco is my favorite , goes down nice and still has a kick , not too smooth ! I've been drinking Mexicos finest long before it became trendy!
Cheers !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #21 - 02/18/17 at 15:15:54

Same here Ruttly. I just happen to be out of the Patron silver at this time. But yes, Patron is good though some of those other on the table are even better. Azulejos both reposado and anejo are superb and so is Don Julio. Yes, I like my tequilas (and margaritas). Cool

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #22 - 02/18/17 at 18:06:33

Yeah I'm cracking the seal on some Herradura Blanco in a bit. Got it for Christmas from a friend !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #23 - 02/18/17 at 18:17:48

If I'm ever in Texas I know where I'm going .

I really like the pic , nice selection !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #24 - 02/18/17 at 22:13:09

You'll be welcome and the bar will be open. Grin

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #25 - 03/22/17 at 17:53:16

Went hot sauce shopping again. I wanted to re-up on Bee Sting and Mango Meltdown as I've decided these are going to be constants in my house from now. They are both that good. Much to my dismay the store didn't have the original Maui Pepper Co. Mango Meltdown. Instead they have that brand's Mango Meltdown X-TREME HEAT. I'm always leary of anything with the word X-treme in the name. But I bough it anyway and you know something? It's even better than the original! What a surprise considering I thought nothing could be better.
This version isn't really hotter by much from the original. The main difference I taste is more of the pepper flavor. It's more balanced between mango and pepper now. I'm pretty pleased with it.

Tried a new one too. Blind Betty's Blind in the Rind sauce. It's orange and lemon with mild habanero. Not much heat but very flavorful and works well with Asian dishes such as Orange Chicken.

So if you can find it don't be afraid of the X-Treme in the name, the new Mango Meltdown is actually better than the original and definitely a keeper!

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #26 - 03/23/17 at 19:09:08

I've a fondness for Iguana brand Radioactive, it's a habenaro based sauce not excessively hot with a good flavor. Melinda's makes a good black label  3X sauce and if you ever spot a bottle of Melinda's Ghost Pepper sauce get it and use it with care.
 I used to grow horse radish and eat it fresh out of the garden, man would it clear out the sinuses and make my eyes water.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 22:23:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › Some Like it Hot

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.