Bye Bo...... (Read 37 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Bye Bo......
01/11/17 at 04:50:55

Listened to his farewell in Chicago yesterday, he is a grand speaker.
Sadly, words are never enough to get results.
Make no mistake, I would want this man on my team, however I would not go to him for the big play to win the game.
He had his chance, in the beginning he had a lot of opportunity and support, but he didn't seem to know what to do with it.
I will not assign this to ignorance, no, but suspect it had more to do with his wanting to get along with everybody.
Seems to me he lacked that hard edge to drive full steam to the net and dunk the ball, when given and PUSHED by his party early on ( in his first administration ).
I think his own party caused him more failure than the republican obstruction, for he could never deliver on his ultimatums.
I do not believe the man is evil, and I am certain he is not anti-American Muslim who hates what this country represents....
I don't even believe that about Muslims as a whole, yes, you have extremist of any given ideology, but that is out of context and reality, and just one piece of a much larger puzzle.

When things got hard, he got soft....
I can't fault him personally, but his position in leadership doesn't appreciate that empathy as a good thing.
I think he knows this deep down too...
As I see a this same "look" of many guys I have sponsored and counseled in AA. It's a look of acknowledgment to their problem, acceptance of fact, yet rely solely on HOPE, to repair this major life problem....
Hope is not enough, never.

And finally, I think he was saddled by his race.
He was elected by many, myself included, to somehow "erase" racism from our country. I now see it was a disservice and selfish on my part, for when we start a relationship based purely on self motivation as reason, that four ndation is not based on reality.
And then too, I suspect, but not being of his race, it is only a best guess....
That he was expected to carry his race to a greater outcome than what was really possible, given the emotional play,and the way race has been used as a wedge issue for way too long.

I'll end with this last thought....

I believe he was the first successful "anti" to win office.
He was not one of the BIG entitled players of the two party system.
He won office by many of those deplorable who voted for Trump.
Clinton can testify to that fact, for twice now she has felt its effect....
One of the best ever political machines assembled, upended by a no name Black man....
That was CHANGE you can take to the bank  Grin

Sir, thank you for a thankless job...
I believe your heart is true.
I hope you can still be a force of change, from a position of lessor scrunity...

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Bye Bo......
Reply #1 - 01/11/17 at 06:19:37

Truly a great man.
Here's a going away present.

Obama's Final Gift: Uranium Headed To Iran

nsatisfied with stoking the fiery cauldrons of Islamic fundamentalism with his weak-kneed response during his eight-year tenure, Barack Obama has now enabled Iran, the world’s leading sponsor of terrorism, to speed ever-closer toward successful attainment of nuclear weapons, approving a secret delivery of roughly 130 tons of uranium for the fundamentalist Iranian regime.

As AP reports, the move to send Iran the uranium from Russia is supposedly to curry favor with Iran so it will remain committed to the nuclear deal it negotiated with the West:
VideoWhite House: Iran nuclear vessel would not not violate atomic deal

Iran is to receive a huge shipment of natural uranium from Russia to compensate it for exporting tons of reactor coolant, diplomats say, in a move approved by the outgoing U.S. administration and other governments seeking to keep Tehran committed to a landmark nuclear pact. Two senior diplomats said the transfer recently agreed by the U.S. and five other world powers that negotiated the nuclear deal with Iran foresees delivery of 116 metric tons (nearly 130 tons) of natural uranium. U.N. Security Council approval is needed but a formality, considering five of those powers are permanent Security Council members, they said.

Once Iran possesses the uranium, it can enrich it to use as reactor fuel or the core of an atomic bomb. Iran already received roughly the same amount of uranium in 2015 as the carrot to induce it to agree to the nuclear deal; it sent enriched uranium in return to Russia. In the current deal, Russia has been compensated by roughly 40 metric tons (44 tons) of heavy water given by Iran; 30 more metric tons have gone to the U.S. and Oman.

Heavy water cools reactors that produce more plutonium than reactors cooled by light water. Plutonium can be turned into the fissile core of a nuclear weapon.

Diplomats who leaked the news preferred to remain anonymous, stating that any natural uranium going to Iran would be under strict surveillance by the U.N.'s International Atomic Energy Agency for 25 years after the deal went through. They protested that Iran might simply turn the uranium into low-enriched uranium and then export it for use as reactor fuel.

But David Albright of the Institute of Science and International Security said the uranium could be enriched to enough weapons-grade uranium to build over 10 simple nuclear bombs, "depending on the efficiency of the enrichment process and the design of the nuclear weapon."

This week Iran, the United States, Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany will meet in Vienna to review Iranian complaints that the U.S. had not complied with sanctions relief pledges included in the nuclear deal.

Meanwhile, while the West is bolstering Iran with uranium, the Iranian regime is growing more openly belligerent. On Sunday, four Iranian fast-attack vessels zoomed within 900 yards of a U.S. Navy destroyer near the Strait of Hormuz; the destroyer fired warning flares and a U.S. Navy helicopter also dropped a smoke float before the destroyer fired three warning shots. In August, a U.S. Navy ship fired warning shots toward an Iranian fast-attack craft that approached two U.S. ships.

Not only is Iran’s belligerence manifested in the actions on the water, but on Monday Iranian lawmakers approved plans to expand military spending to five percent of the budget. That plan entails developing long-range missiles, armed drones and cyber-war capabilities.

"Two senior diplomats said the transfer recently agreed by the U.S. and five other world powers that negotiated the nuclear deal with Iran foresees delivery of 116 metric tons (nearly 130 tons) of natural uranium."

AP

Iran has been conducting ballistic missile tests recently, despite a U.N. resolution adopted last year that said Iran should refrain from work on ballistic missiles designed to deliver nuclear weapons.

Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has recently said Iran should eschew rapprochement with the West while maintaining its military strength. As Press TV reports, he said the “Western powers have blueprints for the dismemberment of the Middle East in a bid to make regional states ‘manageable.’”

http://www.dailywire.com/news/12249/obamas-final-gift-uranium-headed-iran-han...

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 01/11/17 at 09:59:59

And why did we invade Libya and ram a bayonet up Gadaffis ass and parade him around while he died?
Because WE are the shining beacon of freedom.
The only president to enjoy eight years of war somewhere and the only president to not see 3% GDP growth.
He promised to destroy the coal industry and pretty much got it done. Think about how many votes that cost the democrats.
Constitutional scholar my tushy.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 01/11/17 at 10:10:33

raydawg wrote on 01/11/17 at 04:50:55:
Listened to his farewell in Chicago yesterday, he is a grand speaker.
Sadly, words are never enough to get results.
Make no mistake, I would want this man on my team, however I would not go to him for the big play to win the game.
He had his chance, in the beginning he had a lot of opportunity and support, but he didn't seem to know what to do with it.
I will not assign this to ignorance, no, but suspect it had more to do with his wanting to get along with everybody.
Seems to me he lacked that hard edge to drive full steam to the net and dunk the ball, when given and PUSHED by his party early on ( in his first administration ).
I think his own party caused him more failure than the republican obstruction, for he could never deliver on his ultimatums.
I do not believe the man is evil, and I am certain he is not anti-American Muslim who hates what this country represents....
I don't even believe that about Muslims as a whole, yes, you have extremist of any given ideology, but that is out of context and reality, and just one piece of a much larger puzzle.

When things got hard, he got soft....
I can't fault him personally, but his position in leadership doesn't appreciate that empathy as a good thing.
I think he knows this deep down too...
As I see a this same "look" of many guys I have sponsored and counseled in AA. It's a look of acknowledgment to their problem, acceptance of fact, yet rely solely on HOPE, to repair this major life problem....
Hope is not enough, never.

And finally, I think he was saddled by his race.
He was elected by many, myself included, to somehow "erase" racism from our country. I now see it was a disservice and selfish on my part, for when we start a relationship based purely on self motivation as reason, that four ndation is not based on reality.
And then too, I suspect, but not being of his race, it is only a best guess....
That he was expected to carry his race to a greater outcome than what was really possible, given the emotional play,and the way race has been used as a wedge issue for way too long.

I'll end with this last thought....

I believe he was the first successful "anti" to win office.
He was not one of the BIG entitled players of the two party system.
He won office by many of those deplorable who voted for Trump.
Clinton can testify to that fact, for twice now she has felt its effect....
One of the best ever political machines assembled, upended by a no name Black man....
That was CHANGE you can take to the bank  Grin

Sir, thank you for a thankless job...
I believe your heart is true.
I hope you can still be a force of change, from a position of lessor scrunity...

Smiley

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 01/11/17 at 10:14:52

Yes, it is a real concern. I have said many times before I fault Obama on his stubbornness to reverse himself/policies when they appear not working.
He still touts his HC plan, yesterday, but chooses to gloss over the bad stuff attributed to it, and defaults to hope, as it will work as he believes if everyone does as supposed....
That is not reality, but hope.
I think his ME peace plan is wrapped around the same type of mentality, and he believes peace is vested in lessening our role in the arena. It hasn't worked, look at Syria as exampled.

To teach a wayward child, the surest way to earn their attention is with consequences for their actions. They need to be of the nature that it would be better ( for them ) to change, instead of doing the same thing over and over and expecting better results.

Many administrations have failed here, he is not the first.
What will Trump do, more war?
I don't know, but that hasn't worked either.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/10/24 at 10:21:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Bye Bo......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.