raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: About that wall...
Reply #15 - 01/10/17 at 10:08:21

C'mon stinky butt.....

Don the tweeter is just counter punching.....
You are the one bringing it up, AND it's your gang of believers who need safe zones punkin....

Own it......

Next.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 01/10/17 at 10:18:56

raydawg wrote on 01/10/17 at 10:08:21:
C'mon stinky butt.....

Don the tweeter is just counter punching.....
You are the one bringing it up, AND it's your gang of believers who need safe zones punkin....

Own it......

Next.

Own what?  Safe zones?  Ok....  And yes, I am bringing it up since it seems many of his fervent supporters are now giving him a pass on 2 YUGE campaign promises.  I recall hearing chants of "lock her up" and "build the wall"... but now, those are out the door.

Umm, "counter punching" what?  If he has to "counter punch" the likes of Meryl Streep, if she gets under his skin so easily, how the hell is he going to handle the Middle East??  What, will he just call them "losers" on Twitter??  LOL

donny is embarrassing himself and all his "yes men" aren't stopping him.  And again, no lost sleep here - I for one am looking forward to seeing him censured by his own party!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #17 - 01/10/17 at 10:30:42

Like others said then, which you seem to not grasp....

He is not yet in office, but the car makers seem to already think sob  Grin

I vacuum makers suck, but I don't really care, just thought I raise this nonsensical rant in your spirit  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 01/10/17 at 10:35:26

You guys do what you want, but I'm done with this Lost guy; TT Garage.

Is this the best the liberals can offer??? We need a liberal or two at the table but not a Beavis and Butthead clone.

Think I'll go sit at the bar a while, peak over my shoulder now and then until a lefty with a brain pulls up a stool.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 01/10/17 at 10:39:13

raydawg wrote on 01/10/17 at 10:30:42:
Like others said then, which you seem to not grasp....

He is not yet in office, but the car makers seem to already think sob  Grin

I vacuum makers suck, but I don't really care, just thought I raise this nonsensical rant in your spirit  Kiss

Huh?...  you may want to spend more time proof reading...

But if you meant that the car makers already think so - I agree!  I'm all for keeping American jobs in America!

The point I guess I don't get across is that I'm rooting FOR America!  I sincerely hope that donny proves me wrong - but just look at him....  

Yeah, the auto makers are keeping some jobs here, but there are still far too many going away.  Why can't he talk about that or something important, like vocational skills training in high schools?  Why can't he just ignore the Streeps of the world?  Why can't he act more presidential?  (I mean, the Rockettes at an inaugural... really?)

Regardless of what you might think, I love this country and hope for the best.  But donny gives me little confidence.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 01/10/17 at 10:46:29

WebsterMark wrote on 01/10/17 at 10:35:26:
You guys do what you want, but I'm done with this Lost guy; TT Garage.

Is this the best the liberals can offer??? We need a liberal or two at the table but not a Beavis and Butthead clone.

Think I'll go sit at the bar a while, peak over my shoulder now and then until a lefty with a brain pulls up a stool.

One down, 6 to go!  LOL, just kidding...

Awww.... I'm sorry I hurt your feelings....

Oh, and again, since it seems you have a hard time understanding, but I'm not really a true "lib".  I consider myself a progressive.  You may want to look into what that means.

p.s. - the lefties I hang out with don't hang out in bars - it's much cheaper for us to buy a 12 pack and wrench in our garages.

IP Logged
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Reply #21 - 01/10/17 at 11:27:10

T And T Garage wrote on 01/10/17 at 10:39:13:

Yeah, the auto makers are keeping some jobs here, but there are still far too many going away.  Why can't he talk about that or something important, like vocational skills training in high schools?  Why can't he just ignore the Streeps of the world?  Why can't he act more presidential?  (I mean, the Rockettes at an inaugural... really?)

Regardless of what you might think, I love this country and hope for the best.  But donny gives me little confidence.

Just my point, alot of those jobs are going away because of horrible policy started by slick willy and supported by his wife Hillary (NAFTA TPP etc...) But, we have to wait till 1/20/17 and beyond to see if a Trump administration can fix the mess these politicians created over the past few decades.  But, I trust that Hillary wouldn't have fixed a god dam thing b/c its in her (and the democratic parties) best interest to keep Americans poor and living on the govt dime.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 01/10/17 at 11:54:15

Just my point, alot of those jobs are going away because of horrible policy started by slick willy and supported by his wife Hillary (NAFTA TPP etc...) But, we have to wait till 1/20/17 and beyond to see if a Trump administration can fix the mess these politicians created over the past few decades.  But, I trust that Hillary wouldn't have fixed a god dam thing b/c its in her (and the democratic parties) best interest to keep Americans poor and living on the govt dime.   [/quote]

I guess we'll see about TPP... donny thinks he can "negotiate" it... (smh)

Regarding fixing the mess - it's really not that bad of a mess comparatively.  Unemployment's low, stocks are high, the economy is indeed growing.  donny is getting a huge head start on things as compared to Obama.  I truly hope he capitalizes on it.

IP Logged
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Reply #23 - 01/10/17 at 12:32:42

Yea Trump is getting a virtual utopia that Obama is leaving him.  Based on your obvious disrespect and contempt of the man I think that he could cure cancer and you would still have a problem with it.  Thats probably because, as you have stated, you are progressive and so by definition have a misguided ideology.  But, I don't want to put words in your mouth so let me ask you, what progressive agendas would you put on your top 10 wishlist for this country?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 01/10/17 at 12:45:02

Joer0952 wrote on 01/10/17 at 12:32:42:
Yea Trump is getting a virtual utopia that Obama is leaving him.  Based on your obvious disrespect and contempt of the man I think that he could cure cancer and you would still have a problem with it.  Thats probably because, as you have stated, you are progressive and so by definition have a misguided ideology.  But, I don't want to put words in your mouth so let me ask you, what progressive agendas would you put on your top 10 wishlist for this country?

One thing before I answer - why, if my views are progressive, are they misguided?  (do you think Abe Lincoln was misguided?) Do you think that of all ideologies except your own?

1 - Get money out of politics - throw out citizens united
2 - Make the top 10% pay their fair share (if the middle class pays 30+%, so should guys like donny)
3 - End corporate welfare - companies like Exxon gets subsidies... Exxon!
4 - Enhance the ACA - put in a public option
5 - Reform wall street.  Throw out dodd-frank and make it more robust
6 - Make election day a National holiday
7 - Reform the VA - modernize it
8 - Enact means testing for all government benefits
9 - Don't touch Social Security
10 - Don't defund Planned Parenthood

Not necessarily in any order, in fact, not all are "top" - except #1.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #25 - 01/10/17 at 13:13:30

T And T Garage wrote on 01/10/17 at 12:45:02:

One thing before I answer - why, if my views are progressive, are they misguided?  (do you think Abe Lincoln was misguided?) Do you think that of all ideologies except your own?

1 - Get money out of politics - throw out citizens united
2 - Make the top 10% pay their fair share (if the middle class pays 30+%, so should guys like donny)
3 - End corporate welfare - companies like Exxon gets subsidies... Exxon!
4 - Enhance the ACA - put in a public option
5 - Reform wall street.  Throw out dodd-frank and make it more robust
6 - Make election day a National holiday
7 - Reform the VA - modernize it
8 - Enact means testing for all government benefits
9 - Don't touch Social Security
10 - Don't defund Planned Parenthood

Not necessarily in any order, in fact, not all are "top" - except #1.

itll never work
makes too much sense Smiley

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 01/10/17 at 13:17:38

itll never work
makes too much sense Smiley

LOL - I know, right?   Smiley

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #27 - 01/10/17 at 13:49:10

You wish he was more presidential....
Oh kay.....

So you are saying white, male then  Grin

That is how a lib would spin it if a conservative critiqued Hillary with such....
Anyway, Bill went in tv and played his sax, left thought so cool, right thought, not presidential.
You have become what you don't like  Grin

IP Logged
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Reply #28 - 01/10/17 at 14:13:34

Well to put it as succinctly as possible it is flawed because progressives fundamentally believe that fairness is measured in equality of outcome rather than equality of opportunity.  Many of your wishlist items show this, and I may even agree to some extent with some of it, but not to the ends that progressivist take it.  You want big government to solve all your problems and since you need money for this you want to take as much money from the top earners in this country as you can.  The fact is that the top 1% of this country earn almost 20% of the gross income and pay almost 40% of the federal income tax so they are paying more than their fare share.  What you want to do is punish people for prospering to pay for those who refuse to.  Basically inequality and inequity are not the same thing.   There is upward mobility in modern day America, this isn't the dark ages were you were born into a social class and into that social class ye will stay.  But, you have to work for it, people working at McDonalds shouldn't make $15 an hour because they don't deserve it.  Those jobs are menial in nature and weren't meant to support a family, they were meant to support a teenager or college kids and give them some spending money.  I worked those jobs in college and earned a degree because I wanted more for myself and found a way to get it, and trust me it wasn't easy but I busted my tushy and payed for that education.  But, I am no superhero, I wasn't the beneficiary of some made up white privilege, anyone, regardless of their gender or race or financial circumstances, can do it if they want to put in the effort, but don't come and take the money i earned to give to those who don't want to put in that same effort.  Don't take my money to pay for other peoples bad decisions.  Welfare should be a safety net, not a way of life.  This country is becoming one of dependents rather than citizens.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 01/10/17 at 14:17:12

raydawg wrote on 01/10/17 at 13:49:10:
You wish he was more presidential....
Oh kay.....

So you are saying white, male then  Grin

No, I'm saying instead of saying anything, just ignore it - but he can't, he's a child.

That is how a lib would spin it if a conservative critiqued Hillary with such....

Is it?  How do you know, are you a lib?

Anyway, Bill went in tv and played his sax, left thought so cool, right thought, not presidential.
You have become what you don't like  Grin

Seriously?  That's all you've got?  Nice!  So playing a sax on TV is just like tweeting like a little boy at the "mean actors" and mocking a disabled reporter...  Got it!

Thanks for the boost in confidence!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 02:29:25

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › About that wall...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.