Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
This really slipped under the radar! (Read 197 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Re: This really slipped under the radar!
Reply #15 - 01/08/17 at 21:55:23

Kenny: what are those large casting-like parts on the side? frame?  I watched a lady ride one in vancouver, it really moved out quick from a stop light, very surprised. Cool

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #16 - 01/08/17 at 22:22:05

Chimp,

The casting like parts are the frame and the frame is mostly made out of pressed steel. The backbone is hollow and that is where the oil for the engine is stored.

The Blasts do take off quickly, I only got 2300 miles on the first Pirelli that I had on the back wheel before the fabric was showing. The factory clutch is considered to be a racing clutch, I did modify my clutch using Harley's Service Bulletin #B-101 and that improved taking off without leaving a black track on the road. I have to work now to pull a wheelie, before the modification  the front wheel was up in first and second gear. The second Pirelli on the tail end I got 3400 miles before changing.

The clutch can be a problem and there is now a guy making the LeeLever which is similar to the Clever Lever, which is made for the Yamaha V-stars, either lever moves the friction point back towards the handlebars. The other potential problem is the Isolator, which is how the engine is mounted to the frame to reduce vibration. Wheelies cause most of the damage to the Isolator. The Isolator is mostly rubber and if the bike is stored indoors they seem to hold up, the Isolator in my bike now has about 7000 miles on it and is still functioning as it should.

Miss Ellen uses the Blast to go to the swimming pool and pulls wheelies to show off for the ladies at the pool. Here is a picture of her, right before she almost got her first beating, she is now wearing a helmet, long pants, and a shirt with sleeves when she uses the Blast.

Kenny G

IMG_0244.JPG
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #17 - 01/09/17 at 10:15:17

Kenny , What other big singles are you hiding in that garage ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #18 - 01/09/17 at 10:18:17

I've done my best to make my tracker as uncivilized as possible ! It no longer looks or acts like a Savage !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #19 - 01/09/17 at 10:23:56

Patrick,

The S40 and the Blast are the only thing in the garage with 2 wheels  and at the price of motorbikes today I don't think there is much chance of 3rd one. However, I would love to have one of the Yamaha Singles and a Royal Enfield Café Racer.

Miss Ellen will be in the garage permanently the next time I catch her riding without proper attire and a helmet. She thinks because the speed limit here at The Ranch is only 20 MPH it is safe to ride here. The only time I have ever been hit by an automobile when I was riding is here at The Ranch.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #20 - 01/09/17 at 19:44:08

Is that Buell carbed or EFI ? Does it feel like a 400 lb bike ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #21 - 01/09/17 at 20:37:10

Patrick,

It has a Kehin carburetor like the Sportster without the accelerator pump.

It really feels light and not top heavy at all, more like a 300 LB bike. It is really maneuverable and I like to show off on it a little.

I mostly ride with guys that have full size V-twins and in the beginning they were worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up with them. They wanted to ride the rural roads that I ride all of the time and they had trouble keeping up with me.   LOL

Kenny G

IMG_0228_001.JPG
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:35:44

General CategoryThe Cafe › This really slipped under the radar!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.