Congress (Read 60 times)
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Congress
01/03/17 at 19:48:56

So job 1 is to gut the internal investigative unit of the Congress that watches out for wrong doing?  I hope all who voted Elephant are proud. Cheesy

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Re: Congress
Reply #1 - 01/03/17 at 21:31:26

You should have noticed that the measure was under fire by the president elect and defeated....
Silly question.... Where was all the indignation when the Democrat speaker of the house refused to allow FBI agents with a warrant into the house offices to search a Democrat's office for evidence of bribery and corruption ???????  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 01/04/17 at 00:23:35

Ut Ohhh

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #3 - 01/04/17 at 08:20:11

I think your screen name says it  "old"..who was the last Democratic Speaker of the house, Tip O'Neil?  Oh waite, was it the Wicked Witch of the West, NP?? Grin Grin

I think the issue back then was a question of separation of powers, and given the performance by the present Head of the FBI, I suspect the suspicions were warrented, warrant or not. Cheesy  

Wait a minute, gotta untie my tongue, forked as it is. Cool

The Congressional office they wanted to gut this time actually by most accounts is non partisan..They would bag a Donkey or an Elephant.

IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #4 - 01/04/17 at 08:56:23

The truth will become self-evident once the swamp is drained .....  Wink

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 01/04/17 at 12:12:25

Trippah wrote on 01/03/17 at 19:48:56:
So job 1 is to gut the internal investigative unit of the Congress that watches out for wrong doing?  I hope all who voted Elephant are proud. Cheesy

I haven't been following this. What exactly is the name of what they are talking about, so I can look it up?

Just looking at this

investigative unit of the Congress that watches out for wrong doing?

Dude, if someone wants to eliminate something that Clearly isn't working, we should not be too quick to say they are wrong.. let's consider this,,

investigative unit of the Congress that is SUPPOSED to watch out for wrong doing, but is too corrupt to be a law enforcement or ethics protection unit.

How Congress Quietly Overhauled Its Insider-Trading Law : It's All ...
NPR › sections › itsallpolitics › 2013/04/16
Apr 16, 2013 - That's what happened when Congress moved to undo large parts of a popular law known as the STOCK Act last week. A year ago, President Obama signed the Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge Act into law at a celebratory ceremony attended by a bipartisan cast of lawmakers.
Congress tells court that Congress can't be investigated for insider ...
https://theintercept.com › 2015/05/07 › c...
May 7, 2015 - ... Representatives claimed that an SEC investigation of congressional insider trading should be ... The legal team led by Kerry W. Kircher, who was appointed House General Counsel

They just pass laws to protect themselves. It's public knowledge. But, reelection of the crooks who are screwing us just keeps happening.
Please note who should be so proud.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #6 - 01/04/17 at 13:43:01

Trippah wrote on 01/04/17 at 08:20:11:
I think your screen name says it  "old"..who was the last Democratic Speaker of the house, Tip O'Neil?  Oh waite, was it the Wicked Witch of the West, NP?? Grin Grin

I think the issue back then was a question of separation of powers, and given the performance by the present Head of the FBI, I suspect the suspicions were warrented, warrant or not. Cheesy  

Wait a minute, gotta untie my tongue, forked as it is. Cool

The Congressional office they wanted to gut this time actually by most accounts is non partisan..They would bag a Donkey or an Elephant.

Sorry, but the Speaker of the House in question WAS Ms. Pelosi. Cool  And the reprehensive in question was from Louisiana (but I can't remember his name).  It was a different head of the FBI at that time also.  

Q: When all the Mercedes types come to visit their offspring at Smith and Amherst do they still refer to the locals as "quaint rustics"???? (I was visiting my brother-in-law in Huntington when I heard that one..)        

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #7 - 01/04/17 at 15:07:36

I don't know, whenever I was in Amherst or N'Hampton, it was either as a Reservist using the libraries or a geek going to the art museum or antiquing.  I did see a few large cars but they didn't stop to socialize - at least not with me.  The money (endowments) of those schools is mind boggling.  
One of my co-workers was a Smith grad, but as she uniquely and rarely spoke of it, "I was the pretty black girl in a sea of white".  Went because of scholarships (brains and blackness).  She was also a great person, active and devout Christian, and faced down all the criticism that came her way because she rode the B&B surf to an education she otherwise couldn't have gotten.  She did note (to get back on track) that none of her classmates kept up close connection when they went on to rich husbands, family coorporations and high level government positions. Grin

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #8 - 01/04/17 at 15:15:06

Did cuz have a real house there in Huntington, or one of them lean to's?
Talk about central nowhere (which is kinda hard in Mass); I think they were part of the active participants is Shay's Rebellion but that was even before my time. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

And yes, all this chatting is really to practice thinking and typing; because as you note, the rich run the place and the only battles are really between them.  We just fill the cemetery (as was made clear to me during my one year visit to Sunny South Vietnam).

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #9 - 01/04/17 at 16:09:29

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/2008-04-08-government-creditca...
(Link from a favorite,  ultral-Liberal site)

We ALL, Know of the Abuses, of, OUR, Tax Dollars spent, for the personal pleasure, of the people abusing the system.

WHO, are the people doing that ?  It is the Fox, 'guarding', the Hen House ?    And what is the penalty, (When has ANY  Penalty been Applied?)  So the people, saying their are abuses.   ARE, the people that, ARE, abusing.

Clean them ALL out, and start over with,  HONEST, people !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #10 - 01/04/17 at 20:02:03

Trippah wrote on 01/04/17 at 15:15:06:
Did cuz have a real house there in Huntington, or one of them lean to's?
Talk about central nowhere (which is kinda hard in Mass); I think they were part of the active participants is Shay's Rebellion but that was even before my time. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

And yes, all this chatting is really to practice thinking and typing; because as you note, the rich run the place and the only battles are really between them.  We just fill the cemetery (as was made clear to me during my one year visit to Sunny South Vietnam).

A #1... The Brother-in-law's place started out as a "summer/hunting cabin" and the only major upgrade during the twenty years he was there was indoor plumbing.  Roll Eyes
Yeah.. Veterans in that part of the world (Mass., Conn., NYC etc.) are considered third class (or lower) citizens.      

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 01/04/17 at 21:04:41

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/04/17 at 12:12:25:

I haven't been following this. What exactly is the name of what they are talking about, so I can look it up?

Just looking at this

investigative unit of the Congress that watches out for wrong doing?

Dude, if someone wants to eliminate something that Clearly isn't working, we should not be too quick to say they are wrong.. let's consider this,,

investigative unit of the Congress that is SUPPOSED to watch out for wrong doing, but is too corrupt to be a law enforcement or ethics protection unit.

How Congress Quietly Overhauled Its Insider-Trading Law : It's All ...
NPR › sections › itsallpolitics › 2013/04/16
Apr 16, 2013 - That's what happened when Congress moved to undo large parts of a popular law known as the STOCK Act last week. A year ago, President Obama signed the Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge Act into law at a celebratory ceremony attended by a bipartisan cast of lawmakers.
Congress tells court that Congress can't be investigated for insider ...
https://theintercept.com › 2015/05/07 › c...
May 7, 2015 - ... Representatives claimed that an SEC investigation of congressional insider trading should be ... The legal team led by Kerry W. Kircher, who was appointed House General Counsel

They just pass laws to protect themselves. It's public knowledge. But, reelection of the crooks who are screwing us just keeps happening.
Please note who should be so proud.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 16:24:42

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Congress

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.