Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A Little Engine Corrosion (Read 210 times)
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Re: A Little Engine Corrosion
Reply #15 - 01/04/17 at 23:56:50

Your right, but sometimes the OCD kicks in Grin

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #16 - 01/05/17 at 06:29:18

Joer0952 wrote on 01/04/17 at 23:56:50:
Your right, but sometimes the OCD kicks in Grin

The engine case on my cafe racer don't have clear coat blemishes, but they are far from perfect. In fact, my bike was an unloved barn find (or shed find) so most of the metal on my bike was a pitted and rusted mess. I hand stripped the wheel hubs, forks and triple clamps and polished them - but I simply cleaned the engine. The engine has boot mars and some other imperfections but I thought that those type of scars went along with the personality of a cafe racer. My bike isn't some show machine - it was built to ride.

I have the OCD for sure and I like to keep things neat and clean. But I'd rather spend my time riding than cleaning.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 01/05/17 at 06:56:33

I've been know to rearrange the plates in our cupboard if the colors are out of order.  I've was know to go a months without cleaning my motocross bikes if they were just "a little dusty".   I've got some weird OCD affliction!

The tank I just put on my bike has a few dents and scratches.  I like it and might leave it that way.  (I think it's "authentic". Smiley )  But I don't know if I could handle corrosion under the clear-coat on my engine!  Told you I got a weird OCD!

IP Logged
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Reply #18 - 01/05/17 at 07:01:22

I am the same way, I to have selective OCD.  But my toys are one thing I always have OCD with.  I am torn, I will have to do some deep contemplation because otherwise the bike is in pristine condition.

IP Logged
JDNewYork

1999 Suzuki Savage

NYC, NY
Reply #19 - 01/05/17 at 08:30:54

I asked a similar question a little while back, I have the same issue:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1482327467/2#2

IP Logged
Joer0952

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perth Amboy NJ
Reply #20 - 01/05/17 at 14:00:13

Yea I am starting to come to terms with the fact that there is no easy answer, what did you end up doing?

IP Logged
hotprops

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

fort myers fl
Reply #21 - 01/05/17 at 21:35:07

these bikes are users, not collector bikes and this proven by the price point .run the hell out of it, and enjoy ,buy right and sell and get a new one . were can you get a thumper like a thrumph for $3000 almost new and drive it for 5 years or more and sell for $1500  and do it again ? i just sold a 1972 honda that looked like new. paid 300 sold 2300 .those days are gone ,ride and enjoy.i think it is a very needy  bike for the average wrench. having the hearts and minds of/at  ss.com makes it a fun ride per mile safe and happy new year to all.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #22 - 01/05/17 at 21:50:14

The one I'm riding has those blemishes. I got the clear off and fixed them on the one I had. I'm not worrying about this one.
The time and effort are more than the value of the improvement. Apply the OCD to a more important thing.
That's just my advice.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
hotprops

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

fort myers fl
Reply #23 - 01/05/17 at 22:54:16

jog said it better!!!

IP Logged
ditz
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 01/06/17 at 10:35:18

I just bought a 06' that is IMO very nice but it does have some of the problem under the clear coat. I fully intend to leave it alone and see how it progresses. The bike will reside in a shop and only ridden in nice weather as this old man does not like riding in the rain and I even consider myself a sissy and fair weather rider. I do agree that these bikes are to be ridden and enjoyed as all motor vehicles should be. No garage queens here.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 10:22:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › A Little Engine Corrosion

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.