raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Insanity......???
12/26/16 at 09:16:46

We have all heard the phrase:

"Doing the same thing over, and over, and expecting different results, is insanity....."

I think its fair to say Obama's statements in this article/interview meet that threshold.
The man has no political reason, other than self, to utter such a statement he could win a third term.
He has nothing to gain, only to further establish the man has some serious  illusions about reality....

The link: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/barack-obama-axelrod-third-term-hope-ch...

This story/article is from today as well.
If you know this lady, Mara Liasson, she is as about as blue as any democrat can be, and represents much of the left on her job at NPR.

Today she gives a list re: democrats, what they need to do.

Her first cause is to "state the facts" of Obama, so they can begin to except reality.....read, REALITY....not what a poor delusional man who fancy himself something he wasn't.....ever.

Arg, but to be honest, I have shared I bought that "wrapping" of this package, when it first offered, my bad, I admit to being fooled with "hope"  Embarrassed
I share the blame in buying into the "pitch" that a white dude can show he is NOT a racist, etc, by voting for this "marketing of a Black man" with "hope and change" equaling nirvana.
That the charge of racism will no longer be used as a political wedge, harmony resulting from his electing, and nirvana available to all...  

YES.....
I was naive
AND
Stupid  Embarrassed

Anyway, here is just part of the very first thing, #1,  the party needs to grasp:

1. Be clear about how bad things are — and are not — for the Democratic Party

Democrats are clear-eyed about the size of the hole they're in. It's deep. Every president loses seats for his party, but no president in U.S. history has presided over bigger losses than Barack Obama. In the eight years he's been in office, Democrats have lost so many seats at every level of government that they now have fewer elected officials nationwide than at any time since the 1920s.

Not only are they in the minority in every branch of government in Washington, but beyond the beltway Democrats have a "trifecta" — control of both state houses and the governor's mansion — in only 6 states. Republicans have total control of state government in 25 states.

Seems just this statement of truth vested REALITY.....
Shows how sick Obama really is.
Somehow, I feel as if I have blood on my hands.....  Undecided
I used a sick man as a tool to satisfy something I wanted in my own life  Angry

Anyway, here is more of what she reports:

http://www.npr.org/2016/12/26/506073668/4-things-democrats-need-to-do-plus-1-...

Me personally, I think politics have changed, for good I hope.
To build upon what worked in the past won't anymore.

The age of Tweeting, and all the other avenues of communication, have effectively removed one of the pillars that used its power to steer, the political process, the 'media' lost BIG time, and I hope with it, the money that they use to demand, blackmailing, from candidates....

No laws needed to tighten campaign donations, etc, the" tweet has just leveled the playing field.....  Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley Shocked

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Insanity......???
Reply #1 - 12/26/16 at 10:23:15

r losses than Barack Obama. In the eight years he's been in office, Democrats have lost so many seats at every level of government that they now have fewer elected officials nationwide than at any time since the 1920s.

But she actually won the popular vote , ehh? Im really supposed to believe that?

I've seen some stats, and I have been waiting for someone to post this.
But, this next two years is gonna tell the tale of the future of America.
True, the dems hold few positions of power right now,But, that doesn't mean that the bubs are wanting what is different.
Once again, the Bipartisan B.S., the worse it is, the more likely they will
Be adults
Come together,
For America
To make the
HARD Choices.
That way neither party takes the heat for screwing America HARD.

Let's just See if this lopsided power structure results in any appreciable change in policy.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 12/26/16 at 11:04:06

Let's just See if this lopsided power structure results in any appreciable change in policy.

if it elevates a politician it'll happen
not for our good but for theirs

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #3 - 12/26/16 at 12:29:53

One of the biggest problems in government is the bureaucracy. You know those faceless creations that enforce (or fail to enforce) policies, regulations, laws, directives etc..... The EPA, SEC, etc. etc.... All have failed and caused major disasters to the environment , investors, and the general public.

« Last Edit: 12/26/16 at 16:24:54 by old.indian »  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 12/26/16 at 12:32:52

thumperclone wrote on 12/26/16 at 11:04:06:

I think you fail to grasp the reason why folks voted for Trump....
Not for him, but anti the establishment...
If he is more of the same, he is fired!
No more R or D lame alligence is better than the other party crap

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #5 - 12/26/16 at 13:41:54

It seems that the "leadership" of the Democrat political party as well as the "main stream" media (broadcasting and print) are in in denial.   They"(the "leadership and the "media") were so certain that they would regain control of the Congress as well as retaining the executive branch, that when they totally failed they are unable to cope with reality.  The reality that they, and their policies, are  the cause for their failure is unacceptable. Therefore they search for a cause for that failure that they can lay the blame on. Whether "The cause", (or causes), has any basis in reality, or fact, is of no concern.    Keep the same congressional leadership, the same policies and  party cliques in place and ignore the grass roots.... Yep ! That'll get us back on the righ track... Yep...  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #6 - 12/26/16 at 13:55:12

raydawg wrote on 12/26/16 at 12:32:52:

hes not draining the swamp but stocking it with his own piranhas
its the same difference as it always has been  just new clowns and monkeys

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 12/26/16 at 15:53:26

thumperclone wrote on 12/26/16 at 13:55:12:
raydawg wrote on 12/26/16 at 12:32:52:

hes not draining the swamp but stocking it with his own piranhas
its the same difference as it always has been  just new clowns and monkeys

And at this point of time you are projecting this based solely on your assumptions.....
Which, may, or may not, come to be realized.
It's not a FACT.
You wanna stay in reality  Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 12/26/16 at 16:00:16

While Obama was president and all the B.S.was democrat brilliance there WAS no Swamp, except for those Eeevil obstructionist republicans. The left demanded everyone sit down,shut up and stop being racist(read, not agree with the Policy   ). Okay, then STFU and See what happens. Trump can't actually save America AND leave us under the Emergency War Powers and leave the federal reserve alive. I don't see how anyone can do those things and survive. The only measurable difference between him and Hillary will be speed of descent.
It will require America to find successorS who will take us back to the Constitution and prosperity.
If Americans wake up and respond out of understanding reality and stop acting so childishly, there is hope,but while the Dumbmasses cling to the propaganda as if it were truth and stand in support of the lies we have been fed since birth, then America will never be what it could have been.
Watching the intellectual battle over the oil filter wasn't exactly filling me with hope.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #9 - 12/27/16 at 11:10:08

We have the same problem(s) here in Canada.

My son says that Anarchy (as defined "a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government") is the solution.
Perhaps he is right .....
If a leader (trusted servant) is temporarily required then the cream rises to the top and the problem is addressed and solved.
The best leader would be a spiritual (not religious) person who readily surrendered his/her power when a more able leader appeared.... always working for the good of all.

Everything else on earth (and the universe) is anarchy and God smiled and said "It is good". Then God invented humans and screwed it up. Tongue

Early US Presidents said that the Federal Governments power(s) were very limited and well defined - not so today.

Party politics, as it has evolved, is worse than a Kindergarten class full of whiny finger pointers  -lie, deny and justify.
The pool of candidates is so shallow that if you fell face down in it you wouldn't/couldn't drown.
Politicians/Bureaucrats can't fix the problem ..  they ARE the problem.
And the general character of the population needs a good reality check too.

All previous democracies and civilizations (with the best intentions) lasted a few hundred years then self-destructed from the inside.
Are we watching the same thing happen, piece by piece, here in North America? - take a good, close look.

A buddy of mine asked me a while ago if I thought humans were the highest form of life in the universe .. I told him I had looked around and I fear we are the lowest.

I always said I was perfectly sane but the admitting psychiatrist disagreed ...  Huh

I wish our collective selves "Good luck !"

Happy New Year !!! Wink

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 12/27/16 at 11:12:41

Obama is strange, listening to him some more, his reasoning doesnot pencil out.
I can understand if he was still in the game, trying to baffle them with bullchit has been a big part of campaigning, but he is done.....
He is history, based on facts, results, outcome....
Yet he appears to still BELIVE his own rhetoric.
He has some serious emotional conflict.
I see at times he resorts back to being a victim of race, totaling ignoring the fact his race never was an obstacle to his election....
Just like people didn't buy Slicks shenanigans of sexual nature, or Trumps trash talk, as a disqualifier....
They vote hoping the canindate can address REAL issues that ARE concerns to many, NOT..... if you are confused about standing or sitting to pee in a public restroom, that is so thinking you have the power to grant "self" to a person who is lacking esteem in their own lives....
Lame and a colossal waste of time!

The man is delusional from thinking he is what Hollywooder's pretend he is, only to serve their own weird need to feel validated, justified, and accepted, strange folks, make believe pretenders....
And Obama appears the victim because of the role they cast him to play....

F'n crazee Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 12/27/16 at 16:01:16

Interesting post Bear.

Ray said

r Trumps trash talk, as a disqualifier

The problem with that is Not Trump, it's the panzified people.
The same calm, steady voices, inspiring the people to support wars, empathize with the crash victims, the rape victims,, all that's required is
The Right Tone and Inflection and No Matter the Insult, never show Any aggression. That's what We have been Taught. It's Fukking Bullshit. Stand in line, be quiet. No, we can't play Dodgeball , someone might feel bad.
Slowly, Americans have been emasculated. Ohh, sure, athletes are allowed passion, but regular people, newscasters, politicians, ohh, everything MUST be presented as if it's a high school debate. Seriously, people need to reconnect with the
NOT PC PUSSEE,

IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #12 - 12/27/16 at 16:05:36

Speaking of insanity.

DJIA almost 20,000 points .... http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/djia

National debt almost 20 trillion dollars  ..... http://www.nationaldebtclocks.org/debtclock/unitedstates

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 12/27/16 at 16:18:17

DJ will drop soon. People will take their profits.

The debt will grow. If TPTB wanna sabotage Trump, raise interest rates.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #14 - 12/28/16 at 19:39:01

Whilst flinging the pooh around, please remember that congress makes the laws, the Pres is the administrator; the wealthy corporations did very little the past 8 years other than sit on their profits, they did NOT invest in the USA.  It did seem a stupid statement by Obama given the Pres is 2 terms only (Thank God).  But is\f you thing\k tweet time is going to save us...push your mind back to the Arab Spring which is now a long Winter.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 07:29:35

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Insanity......???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.