Calexit ??? (Read 146 times)
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Calexit ???
12/21/16 at 09:53:42

This comes under the heading of "Be Careful What You Wish For"...
Cool Roll Eyes Cool
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/california-secession-organizers-say-theyve-o....

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Calexit ???
Reply #1 - 12/21/16 at 10:14:31

Wow.....
Did they rent space in a trump tower  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 12/21/16 at 16:12:04

"We want to start laying the groundwork for a dialogue about an independent California joining the United Nations now,"

Perhaps Bot won't have to go to Canada or Mexico, he can just stick around a bit longer.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 12/21/16 at 16:18:42

" ...Louis Marinelli, a San Diego resident who is the leader of the group promoting an effort to turn the state into an independent country, organized the Moscow event that was publicized on social media.
"We want to start laying the groundwork for a dialogue about an independent California joining the United Nations now," he said in an email Monday... "

Gosh, how can the other 49 help ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 12/21/16 at 23:44:34

Maybe that's what every state needs to do.
Wouldn't Have a Swamp to drain.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 12/22/16 at 06:03:36

Good.
California has been the land of fruits and nuts for too long now.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 12/22/16 at 07:04:58

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/21/16 at 23:44:34:
Maybe that's what every state needs to do.
Wouldn't Have a Swamp to drain.

But I'm Serious.. What better way to decentralize power out of D.C. than to decouple the States FROM it? Immagine their shock when they wake up and everyone who they were screwing has just shut the door on them.
You guys DO know that the Federal government EXISTS because the States assembled it like a head office for multiple corporations to do business overseas, keep fair laws, and basically Rub the country into debt and try to micromanage our lives, right?
Ohh, wait, I might have been wrong about a couple of those.

I wonder how long the constitution actually lasted.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 12/22/16 at 07:23:58

California will not be the state to exit. The population centers of San Diego, LA, and the Bay Area are far to heavily influenced by liberal politicians who see the Federal Government as their mother. They are just throwing a hissy fit over Trump.

Texas is the one in the future who might.

Now, personally I think Illinois should split into Northern Illinois and Southern Illinois.

Illinois is made up of the huge Chicagoland area and then everything else.  A lot of states have major metro areas that dominate, but I can't think of one as dramatic as Illinois.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 12/22/16 at 08:02:17

6th largest economy in the world... California could be better off...
If Texas ever pulls it off,.. they will be Bangladesh.... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #9 - 12/22/16 at 08:12:15

WebsterMark wrote on 12/22/16 at 07:23:58:
California will not be the state to exit. The population centers of San Diego, LA, and the Bay Area are far to heavily influenced by liberal politicians who see the Federal Government as their mother. They are just throwing a hissy fit over Trump.

Texas is the one in the future who might.

Now, personally I think Illinois should split into Northern Illinois and Southern Illinois.

Illinois is made up of the huge Chicagoland area and then everything else.  A lot of states have major metro areas that dominate, but I can't think of one as dramatic as Illinois.  

Massachusetts and Boston.

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #10 - 12/22/16 at 08:20:10

Serowbot wrote on 12/22/16 at 08:02:17:

How much of the California economy is supported by Federal dollars ?? i.e. Military bases and federal locations and well as government jobs and retires and program funding.... The same for Texas.....  
As I said, "Be careful what you wish for." Wink

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 12/22/16 at 08:30:01

Serowbot wrote on 12/22/16 at 08:02:17:

Without a moment's thought... gee, look at how you've analyzed it all.
As individual countries we would continue to trade. Just without the feds regulating everything.
Ahhh, California, such an advanced society,, ohh, but the Texans are stupid,
Almost seems like a bigoted attitude rather than an objective analysis. You're not a bigot, are you Bot?

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #12 - 12/22/16 at 08:45:53

I suppose that I'm a bit weird too... After Vietnam (LBJ's) and Bush's "Weapons of Mass Destruction" war for fun and profit.  I ain't any too fond of Texass OR their politicians, Democrat OR Republican.    

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 12/22/16 at 08:48:46

I don't think California could stand on it's own Sew. It might be the 6th largest economy, (sure about that?, I have my doubts), but there are a lot of fortune 500 HQ in CA with plants in other states or countries. If they broke off on their own, they'd lose a lot of the tax benefits.

Besides, the large population centers are not heavy manufacturing areas. It's not like Chicago or even Boston. Those cities have tons of small manufacturing companies but LA, San Diego and Bay Area do not.

Believe me, we sell a ton of our products in California, (I'm going there for a week in January) but heathcare, hospitality, and financial service companies are the biggest buyers.

No, when you factor in the mentality of the people of the state, Texas is the one most likely. Hell, they think their another country now for crying out loud....! If they broke away, they'd pass a "State Income Tax" which they don't have now, and they'd bring in some serious cash.

But no state is going to leave under Trump; why would they?

Liberals cry about silly things like bathroom laws, but when push comes to shove, you think a liberal state is going to go broke over boys who want to pee in a girls room? Nope.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #14 - 12/22/16 at 08:57:03

Even with mixed emotion, I wouldn't hesitate 1 bit to move out of Kalifornia.

And as a foreign national, they couldn't tax my retirement   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 10:18:24

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Calexit ???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.