Skyways (Read 74 times)
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Skyways
12/17/16 at 10:57:17

One reason I think the people in densely packed areas,  are so, ‘believing  Liberal’ is;
The, Downtown's of large cities, are, (in the cold country), all connected by, Skyways.

http://www.skywaymyway.com/
http://stpaul.skywaymyway.com/
“ …69 full city blocks over 11 miles (18 km) of Downtown Minneapolis, enabling people to walk in climate-controlled comfort year-round.The Minneapolis skyways connect the second and third floors of various office towers, hotels, banks, corporate and government offices, restaurants, and retail stores to the Nicollet Mall shopping district, the Block E Entertainment District, and the sports facilities at Target Center and Target Field. Several condominium and apartment complexes are skyway-connected as well, allowing residents to live, work, and shop downtown without having to leave the skyway system. …”

Their are now, a  full generation of people, that,  NEVER, have to go Outside.  
Ever !
And in the rare occurrence, that one goes to the, (live) Theater, or some other place, their is a  warm cab, just the width of a sidewalk away, from the last door they walked out of, from a store connected to a  Skyway.   Heck, you can live Downtown, and walk the Skyway, to the, ‘light rail’, and go to the Mall of America, or the Airport/s.

They eat meat, but it comes neatly packed from a store, (where no animal was harmed)
They eat, grain, but none have ever sat a tractor, tilling the field.
They use  natural Gas for heat, and electricity for light.
    Yet all oil/gas/coal, is bad, and should be banned.
On and ON and On.

When a, ‘Country’ person, goes downtown, and it is below 0. Parks in a heated underground garage,  and walks the Skyway system, they are just  amazed.

And when they walk about, they are, looked at as strangers, or, not belonging their, because their dress and actions, ‘give them away’.
Just like a, ’snowbird’ in AZ,  walking around in shorts and a short sleeve shirt, when it is 60, and the natives AZ’oins, are all covered up, like they are going 7 miles out on the ice of a lake for 3 days.
And, just like a, ‘city slicker’, going into a small town bar for lunch.  When they open the door, it activates all the swivel seats, and turns them, to look at the  strangers entering.

The, ‘difference’ between the,  ‘City Slicker, and the, ‘Country Mouse’. has been going for 1,000’s of years. In All sorts of forms and places.
However I believe, it has, in this Country, grown phonemically, to Epidemic, Proportions, in the last 10-20 years!

Each, ‘group’, with fundamentally different ideas, and experiences.   Need to,  Understand, the other.

How can that be,  accomplished  ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Skyways
Reply #1 - 12/17/16 at 14:34:18

My hamsters are So jealous.
GAAAK! An unimaginable existence.. I couldn't type
Life..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #2 - 12/17/16 at 19:20:47

Interesting.   ‘Personal Experience’,
(Country  Bumpkin in the Big City).  In the ’skyway’,  carrying a package, asking 50 +/-,  people that walked by,
“ Excuse me, do you know where the Greyhound Freight Terminal is”.
And the answer was:   NOTHING,  Heads Down, and walking away REAL   Fast.

NO ONE WOULD  RESPOND  !!!!!!!!!

Small town, ‘Personal Experience’:
Late Summer, a couple,(City  Slickers), walking down the street, asked,  ‘Where is, ’Scotts  Heating’, Told them.  
(Scotts Heating, is the local  Premier  pellet stove supplier.  Not advertised, because, 3/4 is  machine shop, and 1/4 is  stoves, and  EVERYBODY  Knows, that is the ONLY  place to go)
I went to the bar, for a noon lunch.   Was  finishing, they walked in.  (1/2 hour later).
   (Of course, this was a older bar, they only had a string, tied to the swivel seats, and the door)
Sat down next to me, I asked them if they found what they were looking for, they said:  “ Yes, but a sign said ‘out to lunch’, so we walked around, and everyone was so nice, talked to us, asked where were were from, etc, etc, etc,”
I was ready to leave, and said: “Here, talk to Scott, He is sitting next to me”.

So, again.    HOW, WHAT, will work, to get, the two, completely different groups, and experiences of people, to talk to each other ?

Gee,  'From Personal Experience',  one group,  WANTS  to talk.  
Another, group', seems to be, "My way or the HyWay" !

Don't know.  Perhaps,  'Safe  Spaces &  Ice  Cream and Hot Chocolate', are getting in the way?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 12/18/16 at 09:55:29

Behavior is affected by population density. Read up .
Imagine walking down a sidewalk that is just packed,  not because everyone is heading to a concert or out sightseeing, but because they are ON that sidewalk, every day, on the way to work, or lunch, or back to the bus stop, rats, running on a treadmill, you think their minds are in a communicative mode?
No, they're trying to make sense of it all.
Intrusion, breaking into their thoughts, distracting them from the
Getting ready for what's next.

Studies have been done with animals and a look at those studies and big cities and crime, well, draw your own conclusions..
The reasonable people will get it. The ones who won't will fail to see the nuanced elements. Not everyone on the sidewalk lives IN the city. Not everyone is unhappy.
The exceptions are all they will see, so that they won't have to see the general point.
Ohh. But not Everybody's insurance went up, so, Bamicare isn't as bad as you say.
Ohh, not everyone lost their jobs, so NAFTA must not be so bad.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 12/19/16 at 17:21:49

So their is  a  HUGE,  Disconnect,
Between,  Urban and  Rural.
That is a  Absolute !

Now,  HOW,  do  the two groups, get to communicating?

Their is  NEVER, going to be, a  ‘absolute’ consensus.
But, ’talking’, they will get a  Lot  Closer!

HOW, is that going to happen  ???????

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 12/19/16 at 20:02:21

What are you talking about?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 12/20/16 at 09:27:01

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/19/16 at 20:02:21:
What are you talking about?

Two, large groups of people.
Each group, voting a different way.

And who they vote for, (most of them),
are determined, on where they live, how they live, and what their experiences are.

And it is, (as seen in the last election)
Densely packed City people,
and Scattered Country people.
  (Skyways a illustration, of how completely different,
  the two groups are living, and how they are thinking)

Both having so Completely different ideas,
about a way, or what, is done by the government.
And completely different reasons, for believing such.

So, to heal this Nation, Faster,
and make it Stronger, Faster,
And keep to Stronger,  Longer.

These two, Urban and  Rural, opinions.
Which are so far apart!
Illustrated, not so much by the results.
But by the, Crying, about the results, by one group.

It is beyond time, to get these two groups together and talk.
After all,  that separation, is WHY were are here,
after the last, 20  +/-, years.

And I believe, that in 4 years, it will be even worse.
If we don’t start communicating.

How do we do that ?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 12/20/16 at 15:32:36

And I believe, that in 4 years, it will be even worse.
If we don’t start communicating

I'm unable to understand what is IN a big city that would make living in one worth the hassle.

Why is the Democrat mindset so prevalent in the densely populated areas?
Is that where the higher percentage of the population is on welfare?

Okay, I started with a quote and never addressed it, ..
How is it possible for the folks in the suburbs to hear from or talk to the ccountry types?

Finding the mechanism or venue for such interaction escapes me. Everyone looks for information that bolsters their beliefs, well, nearly everyone.
Look at how perfectly consistently wrong so many are, who never stop insisting on pushing the same losing agenda.
It doesn't MATTER if the majority support it, it's a
Losing agenda because of its Results. The Liberal agenda is toxic to a healthy society.
Not to even BEGIN to suggest that the agenda of the neocons and right wing interventionists is good.

The federal reserve and the Emergency War Powers must go or the direction of America and the world will continue to spiral downhill.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 12/20/16 at 18:57:40

[quote   JOG)
I'm unable to understand what is IN a big city that would make living in one worth the hassle.

A-yep.      Living in one.    I Agree.
Visiting one, another story.

Just the Same as,  ‘a City Person’,  (visits), goes to the nice cottage on the lake in the summer.
BUT soon, says,  What,  Mosquitos.  What, I have to  ‘kill’ this worm, and put it on a hook.  What do I now do with the slimy thing called a fish. ‘Clean and Eat it’  UGG.  Oh Gees, it’s raining. Its Cold, what do you mean I need to ’start’ a fire in the stove.  Get me Back to  Civilization !

Why is the Democrat mindset so prevalent in the densely populated areas?
Is that where the higher percentage of the population is on welfare?

That could very well be one of the reasons.
But those people, the Takers, (in the TC’s),  live in a war like area,
where their are  Gang Banger drive by, shootings,
almost every night.   And, Don’t usually  Vote.
 (Unless a  Bus   Takes them on a  ride)
And  RIPE, for, ‘Ellison’, to run the buses, and find dead people, etc.

(OBTY, If you didn't know,  that is where the  Longest  Bridge in the WORLD is.  It goes from  Poland to  Africa  is just a couple of blocks)

How is it possible for the folks in the suburbs to hear from or talk to the country types?   (DownTown  Cities)

That’s what I am asking for.     Ideas.

Everyone looks for information that bolsters their beliefs,

Absoultay,   But what  Are, those Beliefs?, And Why?
Their are now, some 60 +/- year old people living in the downtown's
Their are  Many, 40 +/- year old people living their.
And their are  MOST, 20 +/- year old people,
         who know nothing else.
Now, each, ‘group’, will look to, and quote, what some ’talking head’, on, THEIR, favorite, ‘Fake News Site/Media’, says.
In Stead of,  THINKING, for Themselves !

(City People).  They have grown up, and think:
”What, you go outside when it is cold or raining?  You Mow a  Lawn?  You Blow Snow ? You go, ‘ice Fishing’ ?  You swat  Mosquitoes? You Cut Wood?  You Hunt, You Fish, You gather Mushrooms, You Shoot a Gun,   Etc, Etc, Etc,
(While nice place to visit,  BORING, to Live their).
Yea, nice to not have to drive. Nice to not have to Park a car.  (Just get dropped of at where you want to go, with the many forms of public transportation)

(Country People)   It would be, totally, BORING.
“What,  your whole existence, is  ’shopping,  eating out, movies, etc?”

Losing agenda because of its Results. The Liberal agenda is toxic to a healthy society.

Again, totally Agree.  (Far Left Agenda)
JUST  as, a  (Far RIGHT, Agenda) is the same.

(Am I on the, ’Right side’,?  Yea  Sure, but I am not. one of the 10%, on the VERY  FAR  RIGHT)
Shoot  EVERYONE that Comes across the Border. vs,  Border Control  NEEDS  to be Strongly Enforced.
Total Isolation, and screw everyone else.  vs,  Need to redefine NAFDA, Need to remove the UN. Don’t need to, ‘kiss Azzes’.  Need to Re-Define the Fed Reserve.
  Etc, etc, etc.

Look at how perfectly consistently wrong so many are, who never stop insisting on pushing the same losing agenda.

Yes, and, ‘why’ are they doing that?
Is it just because they are, ’told’ what to do?
Or is it, because they know  NOTHING   ELSE ?

Perhaps, if the, ‘Country people’, hear, the,  ‘Why’s”, of the City People.
And the ‘City People’, hear the, ‘why’s’ of the Country people.

With out the drive by of, ’throwing Bombs’,  (words or real).
The Two groups, can get closer together !

Just a  thought, But what the Heall does it matter !

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #9 - 01/08/17 at 18:37:42

Skyways.   More research.  It is said that  Mpls/St Paul, has the largest network in the Nation.

Just on the local news, a,  ’New’, venue/entertainment, for people, living  in a  ’skyway’ system.

virtual reality”.  In one advertisement it says: “ …  the rush was beyond real because your brain doesn’t know the difference between virtual reality and the real world. …”

So, the, ‘Skyway’  generation, can Now, do, ANYTHING, with  OUT, ANY  Risk, without And rewards for success, and with OUT, any  Punishment, for  Failing !

Perhaps, that is one reason,  (They Believe), ‘Reality', is NOT,  really,   REAL !

AND,  Without,   ANY,
 Knowledge, Preparation, Skill,   Study,  Effort,
On what they are doing,

Because, they  succeeded,  (ONE TIME), in,
“virtual reality”.,
They are,  NOW,  the  EXPERT, in That.   !!!!!!!

« Last Edit: 01/08/17 at 19:59:20 by MnSpring »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 20:24:15

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Skyways

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.