Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Any experiences/opinions of the Yamaha Stryker? (Read 422 times)
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Re: Any experiences/opinions of the Yamaha Stryker
Reply #45 - 04/03/17 at 07:11:39

Well they haven't started fighting with each other yet. That's a good sign  Cheesy

The Ducati has all the goods I wanted in a new ride. My only gripe is the smaller handlebar diameter. It hurts my hands squeezing the smaller grip.

....and wow! Brakes that actually work!!!!
They work scary good. This will take alot of getting used to. ABS had to kick in and save my fanny a few times when I did my usual brake squeeze I'm used to doing with the Suzuki. It would have been ugly without ABS there to get me back under control again.
I feel like I've been working out all weekend. Pushing the extra heft around the driveway and such has me all rubbery feeling.

No worries, I'm still riding it in wimp mode (urban mode). At this setting's 75 HP limit I am blown away by the get up and go available. I'm afraid of what this sucker is like in sport mode  Shocked

Now for my favorite part. all those bad roads and highways where I get the crap beat out of me by the S40's lack of suspension - smooth as glass now. Most of them anyway. The suspension on this machine eats that junk up like nothing. The bad washboard down the street from me by the highway interchange that used to practically throw me off of my seat. It's just not there anymore!
Then the wind protection is very welcome too. And when riding across the wind I'm not getting blown all over my lane anymore.
So far I'm pretty happy with the new bike.
So is my neighbors daughter  Smiley

IMG_7600.jpg

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #46 - 04/03/17 at 17:20:12

Happy new bike day. Enjoy.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #47 - 04/03/17 at 18:51:08

Thank you! I just rode her down to the storage locker I cleared out to park her in. She won't be sitting in the elements or be an easy target for theft.
I'll have to ride Thumpy to storage and trade over when I want to ride her. I've got to come up with a name for her now...

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #48 - 05/31/19 at 15:39:08

Dead thread resurrection!
I named the Ducati Daisy Duck. And Daisy is languishing in a shop right now going on 3 weeks with no diagnosis. To date I have spent more on maintenance and repairs for Daisy than my LS650 cost to buy. And this newest repair will likely double that in the end. She’s got the Disco Lights of Death. Google it. Essentially a shorted out $44 ignition coil throws a spike that kills the instrument cluster electronics and possibly the ECU too.
This equates to $$$$.
Since buying Daisy both Ducati dealerships in the Philadelphia area went out of business. Finding service now sucks butt. It involves begging neighbors with trucks to haul her a handful of counties away to leave her in the hands of shady not-Ducati-authorized shops that employ the refugees of the closed Ducati dealerships but have the sheisty mentality of being the only game in town.

I’ve got some payments left on Daisy Duck that I’ll be adding extra to in order to hasten the day I can trade her in.
Possibly for the Kawasaki Concourse recommendation earlier in this thread.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #49 - 06/03/19 at 12:35:14

You might want to look at the Honda Fury same type of bike as the stryker , and I think it lists cheaper ,The price of these has actually dropped about $3,000 over the years , they show as a solo on the sales floor ,but the passenger seat and chicken bar is available . Honda also allows the dealers to discount bikes at times through out the sales year,  saving you even more.l

« Last Edit: 06/03/19 at 13:50:27 by batman »  

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #50 - 06/03/19 at 19:07:58

Hey Batman
I’m not actually looking for a Stryker anymore. It was a couple years back I was curious about it but ended up making an irrational decision to buy a Ducati which I sorely regret now.

In future I picture a stable with the following.
A cheap dual sport bike
My LS650
Some touring/sports touring bike

But right now I’m not in a position to focus on anything but further improvements to my LS650. The rest will have to wait.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #51 - 06/04/19 at 03:00:06

What an absolute bummer about the Ducati.  I have several friends with Ducati's and they generally have good luck - however 1 fellow with a Multi Strada has been plagued withe electric issues that somehow revolve around the fuel gauge.  He loves the bike and rides the devil out of it and can wear out a set of tires in 5 days when he goes to the mountains - but it just has a problem they don't seem to be able to correct permanently.

When I went and bought a BMW - I was concerned about the stories of lemon bikes, expensive parts and dealer service costs.  Then.....you hear the stories of the guys who take care of their bikes and go hundreds of thousands of miles with little or no issues - so I am taking a chance to see which type of owner I end up being.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 12:23:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › Any experiences/opinions of the Yamaha Stryker?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.