Send Topic Print
Street Trackers (Read 85 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Street Trackers
12/15/16 at 12:43:01

I'm excited to see these other tracker builds popping up. Now I don't feel like such an oddball ! Nothing wrong with stockers,bobbers or cafe racers if I had the money & time I would have one of each. For awhile there I thought I may have been the only one building a tracker. We have a talented group here at SS and this by far is the best forum around !!!

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Street Trackers
Reply #1 - 12/15/16 at 17:47:59

You are not alone.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #2 - 12/15/16 at 19:56:55

Thanks for the comforting thought Lancer.
When I bought my RYCA 3 years ago,I asked Ryan how many cafe kits they have sold and it was in the hundreds,then I asked him how many tracker kits have been sold he said 16 or 17, yeah I just gotta be different !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 12/16/16 at 07:03:17

I've been a Flat Track fan for ever, it started with my '56 BSA Goldstar, fresh off the track and with a total engine rebuild.  I loved that bike, but alas, finances force me to sell it for survival years later.  I have been a big single fan ever since and that was a primary factor in my choosing a '78 SR500 and then my '96 LS650.  My son bought if for me for Fathers Day in 2000.  It has wormed its way into my DNA.  I have slowly been working my way in that direction, with a side turn here and there, to a flat track style machine.  Because of physical limitations I will retain the peg position and will not alter the front fork position, just for the ease of riding.  I have jacked up the rear with longer shocks though and that quickens the steering effect a bit.  With a new front brake, modified forks, shocks, a gel seat and wider bars for control, it all helps improve the overall ride.  Then there is the engine.   Smiley Cool

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #4 - 12/16/16 at 07:44:14

There is a tracker in my future, but I don't think it will be LS650 based. I have seen several based on modern water-cooled dual purpose bikes like the DRz400 and WR450f and I like that approach. Sort of a tracker-supermoto Frankenbike where the suspension is lowered and a classic fuel tank replaces the plastic tank/shroud. The DRz400 platform has been around long enough that street legal versions are getting inexpensive.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #5 - 12/16/16 at 11:15:34

Gary,  You bring up a good point, I would still like to see your build here. I'm also a member at SR500/400 Forum where they have a separate column for the members to post their other builds called All Other Motorcycles. We need such a column too. I would like to see what other projects our members are into. When I first became a member here I thought is was a weird forum for a little cruiser and then building a tracker! But what a great forum we have , one more column sure couldn't hurt.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:39:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › Street Trackers

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.