Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
suzuki savage ls650 sparking problems!! (Read 435 times)
bobbertom
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: suzuki savage ls650 sparking problems!!
Reply #15 - 12/12/16 at 11:34:54

Thanks Justin iv had a day off and gone back to her tnyt checked alll power to relays block connecters ect everything is defo getting power so I'm going to buy a new plug this week to rule the plug out. Iv even put the multimeter up the plug cap and grounded it and theres voltage reading.checked with bulb tester that there's power to the two coil wires and there is. So seems to me it's either the plug or cdi. As far as fuel fuel defo getting through into carb as the bowl is full when I try draining it from below
Thanks

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 12/12/16 at 20:59:45

Until you SHOOT ETHER IN IT you Know squat.
You Believe,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bobbertom
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 12/13/16 at 08:45:15

Whats the meaning of Ether??? Im from england UK mate not Texas lol I thought ur wording was spelt wrong and ment either not ether haha my bad  Grin

IP Logged
bobbertom
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 12/13/16 at 08:51:47

Is it our version of easy start which is basically fuel in a spray can ??

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #19 - 12/13/16 at 09:33:28

AKA starting fluid... basically any fuel in a vapor form so as to bypass the carb.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 12/13/16 at 10:06:13

Diesel engines don't want to start in cold weather. Ether is the main part of starting fluid. Auto parts stores have it here.
Truck stops should.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #21 - 12/14/16 at 01:21:59

Ha, I was wondering what you guys meant by 'ether' too. So you just meant gas, I've got a bottle of diethyl ether here but that would prolly not be a good idea to squirt into a hot bike or even a very warm bike!

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
bobbertom
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 12/14/16 at 06:59:04

ok thanks iv tryed that and theres nothing. there is definatly no spark so i am waiting on a new spark plug to come. iv even pulled the new coil apart and check continuity on the lead itself the plug cap and its all showing signs of  good coil im doubting now weather the old one has packed in because it was reading ok but did have a few cracks on it so glad i replaced. iv checked the orange and white wire from the cdi to the coil and there is reading so theres no breakage in the wire. when i try a new spark  if there is still no spark what could it possibly be? thanks

« Last Edit: 12/14/16 at 10:17:15 by bobbertom »  
  IP Logged
bobbertom
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 12/14/16 at 10:36:09

CDI BOX-- as i said previously my cdi box has all the pins connected seperatly as there is no male block connector on the harness to attach it. iv drawn a plan today of how it is set up with each pin going to the box. iv checked each wire individually with multimeter to check theres continuity and no breakage in the wires! all wires read between 1.3 ohms and 1.5 ohms all but 1 wire its a grey quilterd material outter casing wire reading of 2.0 ohms and leads up to under tank to a 1 pin connecter and then it leads back down to a wire that leads into the back of the right crankcae and i dont no what this wire is for. can anybody help?
PLUS if anybody has a 94 ls 650 can you please help me and take your cdi off to check which wire goes to which pin as maybe my pins might be going to the wrong terminals as i think the cdi boxes changed in 95 to a double connector to the cdi.mine is suppose to be a single connector. my box has 9 pins. thanks.tom

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #24 - 12/14/16 at 10:51:13

bobbertom wrote on 12/14/16 at 10:36:09:
1 wire its a grey quilterd material outter casing wire reading of 2.0 ohms and leads up to under tank to a 1 pin connecter and then it leads back down to a wire that leads into the back of the right crankcae and i dont no what this wire is for. can anybody help?

The blue wire connected to the back of the clutch cover is a neutral switch.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 12/14/16 at 13:22:22

Pulling the tank is a hassle. I would get it to fire up before I put it back on.

IP Logged
bobbertom
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 12/15/16 at 07:48:16

Tanks been off ever since iv had spark problems tried new spark plug today still no spark. So new coil new plug i give up i ain't a clue now. Iv even checked continuity from stator that's fine. So .... God nose whats up with her

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #27 - 12/15/16 at 17:54:24

BT,you said a while back(top of this page) that you stuck a probe up the sparkplug boot and to ground and read  voltage ? ,you shouldn't be reading anything unless the coil is shorted out.I think you have a bad coil!

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
bobbertom
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 12/17/16 at 10:07:44

ye i did that at same time as pressing the start button i think just to see if there were power coming through. i have replaced the coil as well as the plug and there is nothing no spark at all. i checked all wires on the harness and they all seem fine. iv even cleaned most of the terminals in the blocks. so bikes going to have to sit awhile untill i can afford a new ecu im afraid. really dont no what else i can do to be honest batman. would like to say thanks to every1 who has commented and helped me on here and MERRY CHRISTMAS! thanks guys.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 12/17/16 at 11:34:22

When you say
No spark
Exactly what are you doing to test for spark.

Have you checked the voltage to the coil?
Have you checked the ground?

Where is the plug that you can See there is no sppark?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 12:24:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › suzuki savage ls650 sparking problems!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.