Send Topic Print
Pleats on oil filter (Read 810 times)
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Re: Pleats on oil filter
Reply #75 - 01/01/17 at 06:46:53

SALB wrote on 12/30/16 at 16:30:52:
Since this post just won't die, how many of you remember the old farmers using a roll of toilet paper instead of a cartridge filter on the old farm trucks and tractors? Roll Eyes

I had a professor in college who sold these as a side job to make some money.  I always distrusted the idea!  But, if I remember correctly, they had "testimonials" from a taxi cab company and a trucking company.  

Not in MY car!!

I think, if I remember correctly also, that the flow of oil wasn't from inside to outside or vice-versa as per traditional paper element oil filters but from end to end.  I never could understand that.

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #76 - 01/01/17 at 07:15:17

6 pages on filter pleats...

I want some of what yer' smokin'.... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #77 - 01/01/17 at 08:09:42

Serowbot wrote on 01/01/17 at 07:15:17:
6 pages on filter pleats...

I want some of what yer' smokin'.... Grin

I have to admit, I get a little anal about being precise - especially when I am right!!! Wink

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #78 - 01/01/17 at 12:59:24

piedmontbuckeye wrote on 01/01/17 at 06:46:53:
SALB wrote on 12/30/16 at 16:30:52:
Since this post just won't die, how many of you remember the old farmers using a roll of toilet paper instead of a cartridge filter on the old farm trucks and tractors? Roll Eyes

I had a professor in college who sold these as a side job to make some money.  I always distrusted the idea!  But, if I remember correctly, they had "testimonials" from a taxi cab company and a trucking company.  

Not in MY car!!

I think, if I remember correctly also, that the flow of oil wasn't from inside to outside or vice-versa as per traditional paper element oil filters but from end to end.  I never could understand that.

Back in the day, the "good ole boys" didn't run auxiliary filters.  This was before spin ons, and they just used TP instead of buying pleated filters.

IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #79 - 01/01/17 at 14:13:05

"Back in the day, the "good ole boys" didn't run auxiliary filters.  This was before spin ons, and they just used TP instead of buying pleated filters."

I remember those back in the '50's and '60's as the filter fit down in a canister and the lid was closed on top.  Remember the air filters that were more of a mesh, and also fit into a larger dia. canister on top of the carburetor, and had a level of oil in it to help capture dust and dirt particles?

We really are getting old!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 10:25:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Pleats on oil filter

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.