Leaky cylinder (Read 33 times)
blackat13
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Leaky cylinder
12/06/16 at 14:19:09

Hi guys,

I have a 2007 Boulevard S40. It's my first bike, and I'm learning how to wrench on it a bit. I've changed the oil and changed out the petcock. My cylinder seems to be leaking a bit (not too much, never any liquid on the ground). Is this likely the head plug seal issue I've seen in some other threads? How can I tell if it's the head plug seal? Thanks.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Leaky cylinder
Reply #1 - 12/06/16 at 14:33:14

By some Bike Bright, give the bike a good bath, dry it off....then go for a ride and hunt down where the oil shows up first.  The head plug is located where the exhaust header connects to the head, on the right side of the bike...you will see a little hole next to the header, and a bolt head and nut hiding in that hole.  Just above that is a rubber plug....look for drippy oil on the plug and the nut below it.

Don't do a lot of highway riding while you are looking for the leak....as the wind can throw the oil around a bunch - I had a oil leak that would put fine oil droplets on the front and top of the fuel tank on the right side of the bike.  It took me a long time to find out the speedometer cable drive was leaking, and the wind would carry catch the oil and blow it forward and over the top of the fuel tank!  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 22:22:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Leaky cylinder

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.