Send Topic Print
butt kicking (Read 91 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

butt kicking
12/04/16 at 14:29:49

I saw the red/blue election results map county by county, but the numbers behind it tells us a lot.

There are 3,151 counties in the 50 states.

Trump won 3,084, Hilary 57.

But she won popular vote by 2 million last I saw.

So, what does that tell you?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: butt kicking
Reply #1 - 12/04/16 at 15:22:30

Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Finally..... the truth is revealed.
Reply #1 - 10/20/16 at 08:26:46 Alert Board Moderator about this Post! Quote  Trump has more hats and bumper stickers...
Hillary has more votes...
Oregon +12
Washington +14

She's even ahead in Arizona...
Texas is now a swing state... Huh

You guys with blinders on, are in for a shock...
Better make your big boy panties,.. Depends...

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 12/04/16 at 15:36:37

I tried to find my post, but I can't, arg.....

It had to do with me sharing about how disease travels faster in highly populated areas.

I don't think anybody picked up on my subtle hint that mental illness seems a transmittable disease in these "liberal" cities  Grin

Whats funny, she had to fight for the slam dunk, as these folk would never vote for a conservative, wasting time and energy she could have spent on the rust belt  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 12/04/16 at 17:05:08

WebsterMark wrote on 12/04/16 at 14:29:49:

Republicans have mastered the art of gerrymandering...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 12/04/16 at 17:09:08

Serowbot wrote on 12/04/16 at 17:05:08:

Nope.....

Strike one.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 12/04/16 at 17:20:45

Bot, what part of Canada are you moving to?  If I remember correctly,Web said he would throw in a few bucks for the moving truck....

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 12/04/16 at 17:30:34

Well what the numbers tell me is that diversity is only relevant if you live in a big city like NY, or LA.
Were they all think alike, and are packed in like rats.

A vast expanse  of the rest of the nation is only ignorant hicks, AKA, deplorable....

No doubt Trump would be screaming too if he had one popular votes and lost, you have that in common with him.

I guess we can call you  the "dependables" even if you can't fit into the big boys   Grin  Grin  Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 12/04/16 at 17:46:04

Serowbot wrote on 12/04/16 at 17:05:08:

No, that applies to congress, not county to county, which is where people choose to live.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #8 - 12/04/16 at 23:51:06

how many live in los ageless county compared to ANY rual county in lets say north Dakota??

compairing counties is inordinate

the senate has 2 senators per state
the house has X amount of reps per population

in a few more days the electoral college votes then (I think) congress ratifies the results

NTL  she won the popular vote by 2.3 mil
but he  won the electoral collage

so far

when he is ratified  I  hope he can make  ALL of U.S. more prosperous

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 12/05/16 at 08:15:35

By county is ridiculous....
Trump won Loving county, Texas,... population 82...
Hillary won LA county,... population 10 million...
Hillary won 88 of the top 100 largest counties...

Overall Trump won approximately 2,600 counties to Clinton’s 500, or about 84% of the geographic United States.
Hillary won the vote... by near 2.5 million...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 12/05/16 at 09:04:52

That idiots congregate into little enclaves doesn't shock me.
Everyone is represented. The system is fair. Oddly, Dems liked it before.  What lost the election is what level of disgusting human being was chosen, and the facts mentioned below.
America simply isn't doing well. The n o n idiots know that.
Yeah, this is a coupla years old, but the points made and general information about it looks reasonable enough to me.
With migration, due to economics, or just, climate, family, whatever, an areas population and voting dynamics can be changed. Texas has seen an influx of Californians. People who sold their property and brought their dollars to Texas.
That California place sold handed them enough money to come to Texas and buy bigger, nicer, rural property and get away from the hordes of people.
Why would anyone Choose to be in such a place as S.F. California or New York city? Something wrong with people who choose to live in a gerbil cage.. How sad a moment it must be to realize that the career one has chosen requires being in one of those big cities in order to really make it.
Advertising, NY, Computers, California,

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/how-the-electoral-college-favors-democrats-...

I don't agree with changing the EC. I might be swayed, but for now, even though it seems to favor dems, I think it's fair. Could it be better? Maybe, but I don't see a plan for a better system.
I agreed that the health care system needed to be improved. I condemned Bamicare. Change isn't improvement. Yes, Virginia, Improvement REQUIRES change, but that doesn't make any change an improvement.
The tax system needs to be changed, but some ideas for that change are obviously flawed and will obviously be worse than what we have, and just because we haven't tried it doesn't make it a good idea. Maybe we haven't tried it because it's been considered and seen as the bad idea that it is.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 12/05/16 at 10:19:33

Serowbot wrote on 12/05/16 at 08:15:35:
By county is ridiculous....
Trump won Loving county, Texas,... population 82...
Hillary won LA county,... population 10 million...
Hillary won 88 of the top 100 largest counties...

Overall Trump won approximately 2,600 counties to Clinton’s 500, or about 84% of the geographic United States.
Hillary won the vote... by near 2.5 million...

Where did you get 2600 to 500? I saw her with only 57.

Which is the question I guess. We are a Republic, not a democracy. Should 50 counties decide for other 3000?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 12/05/16 at 10:39:37

We had this on a smaller scale in the state of Missouri a few years ago over an election about puppy mills. you know the dog stores you used to see in malls were you could buy a cute little puppy? A referendum was started in St. Louis and gathered enough signatures from St. Louis, Kansas City and Springfield,  the three largest metropolitan areas. The referendum had to do with breeding puppies. The rural  counties cried foul, but to no avail.   their point was the way the law was written it would prevent them from breeding livestock in many instances. The three large population centers outnumber the rural areas 10to 1, not unlike large US population centers outnumber the rest of the country by a large margin.

After the legislation was signed into law, what quickly became clear was the problems feared up by the rural  counties began appearing and created massive problems for them. The state legislature , which is composed of one representative from each county plus a certain number of senators, passed a law that undid the referendum. It passed overwhelmingly because of the support from all the rural representatives.

so it seems pretty clear to me large populations, with a variety of living environments, can't be ruled by a democracy, it has to be a representative republic.

so the moral of the story, in my mind anyway, is the electoral college is the correct method for selecting  a president. I think the county by county results demonstrate that.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #13 - 12/05/16 at 11:39:41

Electoral college (I believe), was started,  Because the  Rural Areas, were Not  Populated.
( And only the people in  the  Urban area, are ’smart’ enough to know the issues)

That, has  Changed !

To  Eliminate that, (Fed), Amendment.  Is a  Lot of work.
(And would not be fair)
To, Keep it as it is Now.  
(Still not fair)

Solution:  48  States, be like  Maine and NE.
Where, Those Two States,
Takes their  Electoral Votes, and divides them.

Of all the votes, in those Stats.
2,  (as to how the, entire, State voted, goes to that person)
Then, 1  Vote, Per  Every,  District,
  (as to how That   District, voted, goes to that person)

Case in point;
(With just 2 States),  
Calf.,  55 electoral college votes,  and  Minn with 10.
Last election, 65 of those, went to, C, and 0 to Trump.

If those two states, Adopted, the, ’split’.
The vote would have been, 40 C, and 25 T.
 (or 38-27)
Which, today, truly, represents the people living, working, and  Paying  Taxes.  In This  Nation.

And here is the good part.

Each  State,  CAN    Decide.
And the Fed Gov has  NOTHING, to say about, ‘what’ they do.
And it would be  SO  Much   Easier. On the State Change, than the Fed Change.

And it would, Reflect,  the,  ‘PEOPLE’.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 12/06/16 at 06:34:59

Okay so let's pretend all 50 states did that this last go around. What would have changed if Congressional districts were awarded electors?

Trump is outside the political paradigm so I don't think it would have changed anything for him. He would have had events in downtown LA but wouldn't have changed his message.

Hilary on the other hand, might have tried to appease flyover country by easing her 2nd Amendment attacks and maybe even mentioning how silly it is a high school can't give a 15 year old girl aspirin without parents permission but they can help facilitate an abortion. She might have even came up with something to address illegal immigration other than the usual stuff Dems talk about which everyone knows they don't mean.

So, would it have changed the outcome? As you say, Trump would have actually won delegates in California, but he would have lost delegates from Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, my state of Missouri etc...

Someone has probably already calculated electors by Congressional districts, but has anyone seen it?

Also, if that were the law of the land, what would the unintended consequences be? How would the parties try to scam the system?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/17/24 at 16:47:54

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › butt kicking

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.