Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: My only day off
Reply #15 - 12/06/16 at 13:53:18

I agree that most the headlight brackets are far too long - I am using these Dime City ones on the 36mm Ninja forks.  To fit the 38mm Savage forks....I believe the rubber is too thick and will have to be drilled out (impossible to do on rubber)....so maybe just some rubber floor mat cut to fit.
http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-choppe...

I am not yet convinced that the LED replacement bulbs provide better vision down the road than the Silverstar.  The LED makes a whiter light and it does light up the close area a bunch more - but the light reflector doesn't seem to control the light pattern as well on the LED's and the light beam seems to scatter more - and the result is that the high beam on the LED may not shine as far down the road as the Silverstar bulb does.  The LED might be shining down the road more - and they light up the reflective signs and road markings more - but it could be that the LED makes all the close up stuff so bright......your eyes adjust to the bright light and you lose a bit of the ability to see the faint things far down the road.  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #16 - 12/06/16 at 15:27:34

Yeah, those looked the nicest to me but was unsure about dropping the fork tubes to get 'em on.  
If money wasn't an issue, these billet brackets look nice:  https://spieglerusa.com/lights-indicators/headlights/headlight-brackets/headl...

or

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/black-lsl-billet-aluminum-headlight-brackets.html

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 12/07/16 at 03:06:15

Yep, those are expensive.

I am not sure you have to drop the fork legs.....it might be easier just to take off the top triple tree.  You would support the bike under the engine, put a blanket on the tank, loosen the handlebars and set them on the blanket, remove the fork caps and center bolt on the top yoke, and pull off the yoke, and install the headlight brackets.  It would be best to have the front wheel secured to keep the forks from flopping around while you are taking things on/off.

One of the things that appealed to me about the ones I bought, is that if the arms don't work right, I can make a set of arms from aluminum or stainless and use them with the chrome clamps.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #18 - 12/07/16 at 19:19:37

Tocsik, Cost is one thing,but your build is a blank canvas. Let your passion lead you to your vision. Make it one of a kind,make it yours. I been building my RYCA for 3 years,been riding/ tuning since April, it's still evolving, I'm sure your bike will be special when it's done. It's a sickness/addiction but I will never stop building bikes. It keeps me kinda sane !!! Grin

Hoping to finish late spring,early summer. Have several more builds lined up !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #19 - 12/10/16 at 09:45:45

Whoo,2 days off and raining time for some upgrades on the tracker !
I can squeeze another H/P or two out of it.
You will all just have to due without me for a couple a days , can you handle it , I know it's goin to be tough but I will be BACK !   Grin Grin Grin Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #20 - 12/10/16 at 10:31:22

Undecided
Ruttly,

If it is only a few days I can endure your absence.

Kenny G :'(

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/01/24 at 05:58:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › My only day off

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.