Pitch another prawn on the griddle?

That's sounds good !  Roll Eyes

I'm picturing :  
    Shallow iron "Grill"
    Butter laden w/lemon pepper , hot enough to sizzle
    And a double handful of pealed  shrimp   prawns .  Shocked

Just a minute I gota wipe the drullel

Then served over a bed of Yellow Rice w/mixed vegs and Texas toast.  Smiley

May be ready next April followed by a sitting wall camp-fire and a  day/loop-ride the next day.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Best barbque ever.....
Reply #16 - 12/04/16 at 14:05:17

I do clams and oysters on mine that I get off the beach....

I rinse them off, then just plop them on the grill, they steam in their own juice until they can take the heat no more, they POP open, often times shooting their wad completely out of their shell...

I grab them with my tongs and submerse them in different dipping sauce, barbque, garlic and butter, wasabi and soy sauce, etc....
Then shove them in my mouth.

Its soooooooooooooo good  Grin

BTW, shrimp are smaller, more to the pound, prawns here can be as big as 3 to the pound, hence the name prawns, NOT jumbo shrimp  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #17 - 12/09/16 at 03:30:09

Yum raydawg, that sounds great. Seafood on the bbq is delicious. To satisfy my curiosity and to learn about what you guys talk about, I went out to the reputedly best American BBQ restaurant in town last night for dinner. Was my partner's birthday so a good excuse to get out. This place is compared favourably with the Franklin Barbecue in Austin, a compliment so I'm led to believe. So we had wings, kransky, ribs, pulled pork and brisket with some salads and beers as well. I don't mean this disrespectfully but it seemed to me that the meat was just a vehicle for the sauce and smoke flavours. The texture of the meat was wonderful and so easy to eat but the meat flavour was just not there. Just BBQ sauce and smoke, pretty much. I guess it's a cultural thing, but I can't see the point really and would prefer to eat just meat, cooked to perfection. It was a nice enough meal and the place is plenty popular enough but I guess just not to my (or my family's) taste. The little one loved it but she'd eat anything deep fried or covered in sugar so I don't put much stock in her opinion. Bbq (grilled to you) lamb chops, pork chops and steak cooked rare and rested (5,2,5) for a few minutes is more my thing I think.  I've had racks of ribs before but not drowned in marinade, so you get the beautiful pork flavour. Best ribs I had were in New Zealand. Anyhow, that's my experience of American BBQ and now I know what you guys are talking about. Happy days.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #18 - 12/09/16 at 05:17:54

Being married to a vegetarian.....I don't have a lot of experience with cooking steaks - so when I visit my brother in law in Florida, he often treats me to a great steak.

He is from Texas and crew up on a cattle ranch, and he is a great cook.  When he cooks steak he gets the grill really hot, and the applies a thick coating of Kosher salt to both sides of the steak.  He then puts the steak on the grill and sears both side while the grill is really hot, and the salt melts and creates a layer that seals in the juices.....then he turns the heat down and cooks the meat slowly.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #19 - 12/09/16 at 11:56:59

Best bbq restaurant I've been to is RJ's Famous Chicken, BBQ & Ribs
2518 S Memorial Dr, Greenville, NC 27834

The ribs absolutely ROCK!

But at home I like to do a whole bird on the grill. Here's what I do.
1 whole chicken (small)
Coat bird inside and out with butter and herbs
Take a load of vegables - potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, pepper, tomatoes etc. etc. and place them in a cast iron pot or chicken fryer.

In a Weber or similar grill arrange burning coals into a crescent shape on lower grill. place cast iron veggie pot inside the crescent. On top grill place the bird directly over the veggie pot. Put on the cover with the vent opposite the bird.
You now have a charcoal convection oven with added steam to prevent the bird from drying out. All the drippings from the bird go down and baste the veggies as they roast instead of catching fire and drying the meat.
Cook for 3 hours (depending on size of bird) on low heat - vents barely open.
Plate, serve and try not to eat your fingers while wolfing down that deliciously moist chicky and veggies

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:27:46

General CategoryThe Cafe › Best barbque ever.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.