Spare Change. (Read 80 times)
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Spare Change.
11/18/16 at 08:45:06

As one friend said, "I guess I'll have to water my money tree.".    Personally,  I'm writing Santa...
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/vincent/black-shadow/18902...

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Spare Change.
Reply #1 - 11/18/16 at 10:01:22

It better be a big azz tree !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #2 - 11/19/16 at 11:41:37

I cant say the Vincent isn't a great bike but It's like a classic car ,if you ride it  where do you find replacement parts ? What do they cost IF you can find them ?I'd have to take a pass.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #3 - 11/20/16 at 09:02:50

batman wrote on 11/19/16 at 11:41:37:
I cant say the Vincent isn't a great bike but It's like a classic car ,if you ride it  where do you find replacement parts ? What do they cost IF you can find them ?I'd have to take a pass.

Like the man once said. "If you need to ask the cost, you can't afford it."
There is a point where restoring "Classic" vehicles ceases to be a hobby and becomes an obsession.   I personally know a man who spent three years and more $$$ than he cared to admit locating a "restorable" left front fender for a one year only Packard.   Embarrassed

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 11/20/16 at 09:48:10

It doesn't have to be old or rare or incredibly valuable to become an obsession ! It's a fine line between a passion and obsession. Ones passion leads to the "project" and as we know when we are no longer in control of the project and no amount of your time or money is no longer relevant. That's when the "project" is in control cause your not a quitter and are going to see it thru not matter the circumstances, now you are Obsessed !  And you can't wait to finish this one to start another. That's why you are a member here and are reading this. Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #5 - 11/20/16 at 10:05:54

Oh by the way there is no help for our sickness,unless you sell your Unfinished project,but then you are nothing but a quitter !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #6 - 11/24/16 at 03:11:45

batman wrote on 11/19/16 at 11:41:37:

You can build a complete Vincent motorcycle from brand new and improved parts if you have enough money. Probs cost as much as a reale one though. But at least any part a Vincent owner needs is available. Probably easier in that regard than restoring a vintage jap bike....

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:25:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › Spare Change.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.