zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Too many Rotellas!
11/11/16 at 00:35:58

Walked through Wally tonight and saw the following:
Rotella, Rotella 4, Rotella 5, Rotella 6.
6 is Synth, 5 is semi-Synth, plain is regular, Wotinell is '4' ?
All packaging has new labelling versus last month.
Jeez, I hate marketers! Cool

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Too many Rotellas!
Reply #1 - 11/11/16 at 04:42:04

It is called "rebranding"....or something like that.  I have to deal with it all the time when gas stations, banks, restaurants, stores want to change their signage and logos (I am the zoning administrator and issue the permits for a small town).

It took me a while to find a Dr. Pepper at a convenience store af few weeks ago...the labels had changed.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #2 - 11/11/16 at 05:24:46

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 11/11/16 at 05:35:01

It was time for a new pot of mink oil. The Red Wing folks have changed their can size, shape and color. The lady had to point to it, even though it was in the same place. My Eyes knew what they were looking for. And that's how I find things. Anyway, when she explained
They changed the packaging..
I just deadpanned it, looked at her and said
Well, gee, that's just so exciting and enticing, I'm tempted to just buy Two! Tossed in a head back eye roll and she just laughed.

Whoever these marketing geniuses are who suggest such changes are, IMO, idiots...
But , I'm guessing there is statistical data that supports the occasional change in packaging. The cost, the losses from
I couldn't find Dr. Pepper and grabbed a Mr. Pibb
All must be offset by catching New eyes and the determined consumer will find their old favorite.

Maybe Rotella has seen sales increases and wants to get more...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
BSTON

Milwaukee, WI
Reply #4 - 11/11/16 at 06:00:51

Tell me about it. Now they have original, hot, mild, no salt added, fire roasted, and a couple more!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #5 - 11/11/16 at 06:35:04

I'm with ya. Zip.  That's sorta what prompted my post a few weeks ago when I couldn't find the Dino on gallon jugs, and all of a sudden the shelves were full of all of these other flavors that I had never seen.  

The way I see it, we just need dino, blend, and full synthetic. Everything in between that is just a waste of resources and shelf space. I can understand if we were all driving high-end $5mil Ferraris or something, but we're just normal folk driving normal cars/trucks and motorcycles. Just keep it simple Shell!

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #6 - 11/11/16 at 06:37:54

Oh...and who's going to be the official Savage forum member that can diagnose what all of these oils are and what is and/or is not recommended for the Savage?  Not necessarily trying them all, but at least someone with the smarts to tell which ones have the proper ZDDP levels, are safe for our wet clutch, etc.?

I vote JOG  Wink Wink Wink

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #7 - 11/11/16 at 09:40:12

I too vote for Justin  Wink Wink Wink Wink

IP Logged
Papa Bear

Reply #8 - 11/11/16 at 11:05:49

API oil service categories are continually improving/changing.
http://www.api.org/products-and-services/engine-oil/eolcs-categories-and-docu...
http://www.api.org/products-and-services/engine-oil/eolcs-categories-and-docu...

When oil companies reformulate an oil to meet the new standards the jug/label usually changes at the same time.
You will see that the new Rotella 4 is the plain (not syn or semi-syn) that meets the new CK-4 standard for diesel so we get new packaging.

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 11/11/16 at 11:18:08

I will not seek the position, and, if nominated, will not campaign, and, should the People elect me over my objections, I will not serve.
Sincerely
Justin O Guy

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #10 - 11/11/16 at 11:41:34

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/11/16 at 11:18:08:
I will not seek the position, and, if nominated, will not campaign, and, should the People elect me over my objections, I will not serve.
Sincerely
Justin O Guy

Oh yeah?  Well we have hacked into your campaign manager's email and see that you actually think we're all deplorable and can't think for ourselves, and need to be spoon fed technical information.   Grin

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 11/11/16 at 11:50:40

I didn't know you were Russian!

Now hiring
Cryptographer

You'll need a better resume' than the last guy had.
Contact me and I'll put you in contact with his Very soon to be widow. She will provide you a copy.
Or else.

Bwahaahaa...

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 11/11/16 at 12:10:52

Papa Bear wrote on 11/11/16 at 11:05:49:
API oil service categories are continually improving/changing.

When oil companies reformulate an oil to meet the new standards the jug/label usually changes at the same time.
You will see that the new Rotella 4 is the plain (not syn or semi-syn) that meets the new CK-4 standard for diesel so we get new packaging.

This!  

You just saved me some reading.  Thanks!

IP Logged
SALB
Serious Thumper

FSO

Whittier, AK
Reply #13 - 11/11/16 at 13:16:48

As long as there is an MA endorsement on the back of the jug, it's still safe for our wet clutches.  The real concern is what they have done to zddp levels.  Diesel emission systems are becoming more prevalent, and zddp is not recommended for some of the new systems.  We may all be adding additive if that is the case.   Sad  So far, I haven't found any info on the new oils zddp levels.

IP Logged
Papa Bear

Reply #14 - 11/11/16 at 18:19:43

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:27:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Too many Rotellas!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.