Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
So, what is Google VR (virtual reality) about? (Read 30 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
So, what is Google VR (virtual reality) about?
11/10/16 at 11:19:48

This is a good review of the Google VR product and an explanation of what it is good for.

BUT ..... ya gotta buy a brand new Pixel phone to get all of this.   We finally get all the memory they stuffed into the phone and the very very fine pixel display they put on the thing ....   it was built from the ground up for this.

https://liliputing.com/2016/11/google-daydream-view-vr-headset-review-google-pix
el-xl.html

OK, what apps are available for it right now?    Lots of inexpensive Android VR  search and find adventure games and a plethora of touristy type "you can go there for free" type tours of the places you will never likely see otherwise.

It is a $79 accessory for a new, state of the art Google Pixel phone and it looks to be worth it.

Especially compared to over $600+ for the Occulus device from the Walled Garden folks ,,,,  

(plus the 12 pound PC backpack device that costs $1,400 to $2,000 with all them heavy awkward cables all over you, running down your arms, etc)

Wink

It’s easy to forget that you’re watching a video as you stand in the center of the a gallery at the Natural History Museum in London looking at an ancient rhomaleosaurus coming back to life and swimming through the suddenly water-filled halls to catch fish.

And of course you can play 3-D games, but remember to look above your head and behind you, as they love to sneek up and garrote your arse with them ghostly clanking chains of theirs.

Tongue

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
BSTON

Milwaukee, WI
Re: So, what is Google VR (virtual reality) about?
Reply #1 - 11/10/16 at 12:23:51

I'm very excited for what VR is going to do for games...specifically racing games that will allow you to actually check your blind spots.

I may not leave the house once I can afford a moving rig (to simulate g-forces) and a VR headset to make it look like I'm in an actual car.

I played a "normal" VR game at a friend's house last Christmas. While it was cool, I ended up getting motion sick after a short time with the way that it controlled walking type movements with a controller paired with the natural head movements.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:33:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › So, what is Google VR (virtual reality) about?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.