Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Owner's Manual for 2011 S40 (Read 31 times)
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Owner's Manual for 2011 S40
11/04/16 at 12:30:27

Is there anywhere on here or elsewhere where I can get a PDF (or TXT) file of the original owner's manual.  I want to read from the mfg's perspective how an owner is to care for this bike, and how to do the normal things an owner is expected to do.

I am not quite sure of the available features are and how they are to be used.

I am particularly perplexed by the petcock. (BTW, I have read the several threads on how to modify existing petcock, an how to replace petcock with another one!)  I want to know how the mfg. wants the petcock to be used.  If it works both in "PRI" and in "ON" exactly the same, why have both positions?  I come from the "ON, OFF, RES" world, and this is the first I have run across this config.

I will definitely change mine if I understand correctly that if the petcock fails (either way by not working at all and starving the engine, or by not working and flooding the engine, or worse, filling up the engine oil with gasoline).  I will probably try the modification method as I am pretty mechanical and also a toolmaker/machinist.

I would like that manual if there ever was one!

Thanks,

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Owner's Manual for 2011 S40
Reply #1 - 11/04/16 at 12:39:39

there's a copy in the tech section (see the index below?)

WWW   IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #2 - 11/04/16 at 12:55:56

verslagen1 wrote on 11/04/16 at 12:39:39:

I think I found it just after I posted.  Thank you, though.

I did read (and downloaded) it - especially the section on the petcock.  I just wish the guy who thought up the automatic petcock would have left well enough alone.  The old ON-OFF-RES petcock worked just fine, and in my opinion, better!

At least now I know how they expected it to work!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #3 - 11/04/16 at 12:59:03

verslagen1 wrote on 11/04/16 at 12:39:39:

Also, PS:

Thanks so much for this forum. I really love getting information and advice first hand from those who really know these bikes, and love them!

I was used to that from the old BMW forum where I practically lived.  There, though, I was conferring about my 38-year-old BMW which presented a lot of issues due simply to age!

I will definitely be contributing to hopefully keep all this good stuff going!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 23:23:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Owner's Manual for 2011 S40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.