MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: One more winter.....
Reply #15 - 11/04/16 at 21:18:22

Ray

What makes your Wife think she could live with ya if you don't have a bike ?  Grin

You do invite her to go ridding ?  Huh     If not : There's your problem !  Wink

Another_day_in_Paridise.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #16 - 11/05/16 at 11:34:07

Ya know what, I just might say sumtin like that...
That she must go with me on my last ride.
To date she has refused to go.

Maybe, with a perfect weather day, etc, it might hook her  Grin

OK guys, when we get closer I'll post up asking for prayers to the savage god in my behalf, or I mean, her half  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #17 - 11/05/16 at 18:03:54

We praying for ya already Ray  Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #18 - 11/06/16 at 04:00:49

Since the bike is paid for ....it will cost you very little to keep it.  My wife is not a huge fan of riding - but she does know how much I like it and she allows me that activity.  When the weather is right we ride double for our Friday night date....and we have taken one vacation with the motorcycle on a trailer.  We went up to Michigan and trailered the bike up, and then took day rides to see the sights.  We are planning similar trips to Gettysburg and other locations.  The Savage was not a comfortable bike for us to ride double however.......we did buy a larger bike for riding double.

I do use one of the bikes for running errands, and it makes them a lot more fun to do.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #19 - 11/06/16 at 05:37:09

Perhaps maybe a trike? like a can-am spider? would make her feel a little better about her concerns.
My wife wasn't a big fan of me riding either, until I took her up to the dragon on my road glide, was an awesome trip, beautiful weather and lots of "nature".
She now rides her own savage (if I get time to fix it for next season), learned to ride solo at age 50, and she does well at it.
Now i'm concerned! Smiley  
She mentioned can-am, as she probably will get a three wheeled scooter or bike when she "can't handle the weight".... she is hooked Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #20 - 11/06/16 at 07:46:43

You guys are an inspiration, I thank you for applying your boot to my butt, however, the energy from that extreme seems to dissipate before it has chance to influence my last remaining brain cell...

Yes. its true, I still have one that fires  Grin

My wife is a real outdoor person.
We went from tent camping, to tent trailer, etc, as the kids grew.
They all love that experience, and repeating it with our grand kids.
I know the love is there, I just have to figger out how to fan it.

You guys have honestly given me hope, and focus, and I really like the little bike, all she gives me, from tinkering with Versy's mods, to keeping my reflexes current, it has value in my life.

I will not go into the abyss of caging, willingly, but offer one more stance, before it can stand, no mores  Wink  

THANKS BUDDIES!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #21 - 11/06/16 at 08:30:11

Ray:

I have a good old AA buddy with 42 yrs in the program.

He doesn't always see eye-to-eye with his wife.

He often says to her "I'd agree with you, honey, but then we'd both be wrong."  Cool

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #22 - 11/06/16 at 08:31:41

I would say to her
Do you want me to 'live' a life of denial, while I die a little each time I see another bike? Or actually live, untill I don't, anymore? (of course you may not feel that strongly about bikes)
I knew a guy who quit riding at his wife's behest, and lived a miserable life
Until a collision with a cable dump took his life, 4 months or so down the road, while commuting home on the freeway
On his bike, he never took the freeway

It was mean, it was horrible, it was nasty, but I couldn't help myself, as I said "good thing he was in that nice safe car on the freeway, instead of on that 'dangerous' bike on an empty back road"

Everyone here knows how i feel about this by now, you marry a person, it shouldn't make you their slave (IMO you shouldn't marry, period) It's SUPPOSED to be a partner ship of Mutual Benefit

I'm not riding much right now, but that's my choice, not someone else's
Your contribution to her life is every bit as beneficial as hers to yours, at least for the past 14 years, possibly more so, if you are the 'provider' in the relationship, but you somehow 'owe her' the surrender of something you love 'because wife'

Your call, brother, and no judgement, regardless how prickly my diatribe may sound, it's your choice, not mine, but I just can't see letting someone else control me

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #23 - 11/06/16 at 08:56:42

Papa Bear wrote on 11/06/16 at 08:30:11:
Ray:

I have a good old AA buddy with 42 yrs in the program.

He doesn't always see eye-to-eye with his wife.

He often says to her "I'd agree with you, honey, but then we'd both be wrong."  Cool

That is so a keeper!  Grin

Humor is the best medicine, make no argument against it.
It can turn a frown to a smile in less time than it does to have a negative thought.

As evidenced in this savage forum, I am a man with deep wisdom, and wide knowledge.......  Roll Eyes
But humor has always paved over the rough spots.
I have played it with much success against my wife, well, who frankly often times reasons like a woman, you can't win that argument  Grin
I let her bask a few, then when she turns away in her glory of winning, I fire off a round that causes her to succumb to my charming wit  Kiss

She has said that asset, and ability, was what kept her from walking out when she had many doubts about our relationship.
Not only that, I use it when I am not the target of her scorn, and it helps her to dismiss that which is bugging her.

I swear, one day I will grow a set, not waiting till she turns her back on me, and fire off a retort right between her eyes, I swear.

Whadda ya mean, yeah, when pigs fly?

You think Rosie O'Donnel walks from coast to coast?   Grin

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #24 - 11/06/16 at 09:15:20

Art Webb wrote on 11/06/16 at 08:31:41:
I would say to her
Do you want me to 'live' a life of denial, while I die a little each time I see another bike? Or actually live, untill I don't, anymore? (of course you may not feel that strongly about bikes)
I knew a guy who quit riding at his wife's behest, and lived a miserable life
Until a collision with a cable dump took his life, 4 months or so down the road, while commuting home on the freeway
On his bike, he never took the freeway

It was mean, it was horrible, it was nasty, but I couldn't help myself, as I said "good thing he was in that nice safe car on the freeway, instead of on that 'dangerous' bike on an empty back road"

Everyone here knows how i feel about this by now, you marry a person, it shouldn't make you their slave (IMO you shouldn't marry, period) It's SUPPOSED to be a partner ship of Mutual Benefit

I'm not riding much right now, but that's my choice, not someone else's
Your contribution to her life is every bit as beneficial as hers to yours, at least for the past 14 years, possibly more so, if you are the 'provider' in the relationship, but you somehow 'owe her' the surrender of something you love 'because wife'

Your call, brother, and no judgement, regardless how prickly my diatribe may sound, it's your choice, not mine, but I just can't see letting someone else control me

Thanks Art....
I know how hard it is to dialogue in this domain, we lack visual and audio input, which can be as important as the words spoken, in defining the meaning and intent, of any given subject.

I understand your gist, and appreciate it buddy!

We are all unique, and that it what is so wonderful about accepting life, on its terms.
We can try and bend it to our liking, our comfort zone, or to justify us, but that so steals away that which makes each one as different as our thumb print.

I am like a pioneer, who ventured west to the gold fields, looking for placer deposits....
I gather supplies, game plan, but I will need to wade into the water of a chilling creek, to dip my pan.
My body may shiver, my back ache, my hands turn blue, but its a price I must pay in order to succeed.
I work the pan, till all that is left, is the remnants of what I started with.  Its up to me to decide that which has value, and that that doesn't, before I plunge it back in again.... or move on.

You guys, by your sharing, have loaded my pan with all sorts of keepers, its up to me now to discern.......  Smiley

Thank you    

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #25 - 11/06/16 at 12:46:48

Raydawg, I don't have any words of wisdom for you even though I wish I did. I wish you the best in whatever you decide.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:32:55

General CategoryThe Cafe › One more winter.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.