other... add comment
Read RSD only
Read Cafe only
Read TT only
Read Marketplace only

« Last Modified by: verslagen1 on: 11/01/16 at 22:35:55 »

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How do you read the forum? (Read 195 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
How do you read the forum?
11/01/16 at 11:23:16

There have been a number of people posting the same thing in several sections (i.e., RSD, Cafe, Marketplace, Technical, etc.) to make sure their message is read.

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: How do you read the forum?
Reply #1 - 11/01/16 at 11:28:23

vote

WWW   IP Logged
Rodger

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/01/16 at 11:54:15

COMMENT: I go to RSD and Café daily, checking the new posts there. For specific information on a "burning question" in my mind, I'll access the Tech forum or the tech links on the Home page.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #3 - 11/01/16 at 12:23:14

I check RSD and Cafe routinely for stuff to read and/or support with my feedback or replies on stuff I have been involved in.

I occasionally check the scavenger hunt to see if there is anything fun going on I can partake in.

I don't use any of the shortcuts to "top lists" or "most recent posts" etc. I go where I want to go.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Rodger

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/01/16 at 12:39:51

ROCK ON, Stew...that's tellin'  'em!!  Wink

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #5 - 11/01/16 at 12:43:26

RSD, Café and Marketplace with technical "as needed".  Going to TT less and less..

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 11/01/16 at 15:14:46

Hardly ever log off, Always lurking , thought the medication for OCD was working good till I found SS.com
Now I'm gonna need stronger meds
Someday I'll grow bored with it , but for now it's an addiction
You kinda stuck with me
Don't quite fit in on other forums and not sure if I fit in here , but I don't really care ! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #7 - 11/01/16 at 15:58:17

I only check RSD and the Cafe. I'm not interested in guns, religion or politics so no need to look in TT. Marketplace is not much use too me being so far away.

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #8 - 11/01/16 at 16:25:40

I hit the top 10 recent posts first then maybe go to either RSD or Cafe.  REALLY sick of all the other BS on our motorcycle forum, especially the politics and Windows vs. Android threads.  No offense to you that are so passionate about such things, I would just prefer it wasn't cluttering up the top 10 recent posts.  There are countless other forums for those topics.  

I come here for community, information and diversion but really prefer it centered more around motorcycles.  Lately, you really have to dig to keep away from the noise.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 11/01/16 at 17:22:12

verslagen1 wrote on 11/01/16 at 11:23:16:
There have been a number of people posting the same thing in several sections (i.e., RSD, Cafe, Marketplace, Technical, etc.) to make sure their message is read.

I have not spotted that.

How I read the forum.

Navigation changed, and going
Got to be a bit more trouble than just switching sections.
I hit RSD, Tall Table, Cafe, and go back and forth.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #10 - 11/01/16 at 19:03:29

Tocsik is actually using a YaBB function that this site was not really structured to use,  remember all of our informational organization is grouped around common theme areas and if you use the site that way you have no trash to deal with, ever.

This site has more RANGE than most, we even have an area where you can be an arse to a degree and other areas where you are expected to be a gentleman sitting at a Cafe with linen table cloths and nice silverware.

Taking it all as it comes "Most Recent" means always seeing stuff you don't have any interest in seeing, while if you view it by theme/area you can scan for your interests and simply ignore the items you don't want to look at.

"Top 10" by hit count is very very deceptive, as what gets looked at most often by hit count likely is something of interest to a larger, web crawled, re-posted, much much broader audience.  I have posted things that got picked up by the bots and I actually got multiple thousands of hits on the stuff -- when we really only have a site with only hundreds of members.

Using "Most Recent" or "Top 10" means you get to see me a lot, so I would suggest you try viewing by Theme or Area to cut down on the fugly factor.

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #11 - 11/01/16 at 19:21:51

Generally RSD and cafe, I don't do TT anymore, and I'm posting less and less

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #12 - 11/01/16 at 22:33:20

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 11/01/16 at 19:03:29:

"Top 10" by hit count is very very deceptive, as what gets looked at most often by hit count likely is something of interest to a larger, web crawled, re-posted, much much broader audience.  I have posted things that got picked up by the bots and I actually got multiple thousands of hits on the stuff -- when we really only have a site with only hundreds of members.

Well I misspoke errr typed.  It's the '10 most recent' not the 'top 10'
so while a google search may put you on top, the ss.com 10 most recent is just that, the 10 most recent.

WWW   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #13 - 11/02/16 at 03:27:07

I mark all as read when I leave the site.
When I come back, I go to <Home> and look for any blinky dots.
If blinky dots, check that board to see if there are any posts I am interested in reading.

Oh.. except TT..   I NEVER go there.. unless I am really really really.. bored.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
RaleighGuy

It's as easy as

Raleigh, NC
Reply #14 - 11/02/16 at 06:49:08

RSD and Café every weekday. Occasionally, I go through Marketplace and barely ever look at TT. Basically, I try to remember threads that are interesting to me, and I scan for when the last posts were made on the right side of each section's page......  and if the most recent comment has been more than two days ago, I know I'm up-to-date on that thread.

2012 S40 Boulevard (White and Silver) - small changes so far like windshield, sissy bar, saddlebags... but mostly stock.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:09:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › How do you read the forum?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.