Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
And the Lord said "It is not a good day to ride!" (Read 149 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
And the Lord said "It is not a good day to ride!"
10/31/16 at 09:00:51

I was going to ride in to work today, roughly 30 miles each way. I rolled the bike out of the garage, got geared up, sat on it, put it in neutral and hit the start button. It cranked but did not sound quite right. I pulled out the choke and cranked again and this time I could tell that it was cranking slower than usual. Finally I tried a few times to push start but I guess I am just no longer the young stud I used to be and was not able to get enough speed. I was not happy but at least my wife had not left yet so I gave up and rode in to work with her. Most of the way in there was very heavy fog. Visibility was limited.

Thank you Lord God, you certainly know better than me and I appreciate your taking care of me.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: And the Lord said "It is not a good day to rid
Reply #1 - 10/31/16 at 10:02:03

If it was a true sign from God , your bike will now start right up !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Drestakil

innocent bystander

Southern Illinois
Reply #2 - 10/31/16 at 10:58:20

I think my guardian angels put in a lot of overtime. In your case though, I still think about getting a new battery.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 10/31/16 at 11:24:42

Had some of the same here after a rainy weekend (.1")  Roll Eyes
She puttered then ground for a minute.
I actually had to use choke to get her to start.
I think winter is here.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 10/31/16 at 13:15:58

I often feel the same way.  When I somehow make a wrong turn, or get off track somehow - I sometimes wonder if God wasn't sending me on a better path.

Our weather in KY was great over the weekend, and I got a lot of yard work and wood cutting/splitting done.  I was able to stop for a bit in the afternoons and sneak in an hour ride on the curvy back roads.  On Sunday I rode 22 from Butler over to Route 10, and there is a small abandoned store where folks stop to take a break and sit it the chairs and picnic tables, and they have a functioning outhouse on the property.  There where 3 sport bikes parked there, and after a few minutes of chatting a pickup truck pulled up, and it turns out he was there to pick up a GSX750 that had gone down pretty hard.  They had just been on the route 22 I had taken, and on the last corner this fellow went down, and his bike shot off the road and went over the top of the farmers fence before it hit the ground the second time.  The rider was mostly unhurt - but he said he was sore (I betcha he is even more-sore today).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #5 - 10/31/16 at 19:42:26

I took the battery out of the bike and saw that it was almost completely dry. I cleaned it up, filled it up with distilled water and it is charging right now. And it is taking the charge. I'll leave it charging overnight and will hopefully ride later this week.

I do take it as a sign of the Lord watching over me and I am thankful.

Usually by the end of October, beginning of November it is cold here but we are having 60's in the morning low 80's in the afternoon. Good riding weather.

You all be safe and may God watch over each and everyone of us. Smiley

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 10/31/16 at 20:02:14

A month ago we had a accident at work. The crane operator misjudged his load coming off the ship clipped a stack of 3 40' containers knocking them off the ship and on to the dock. My friend a very religious guy was driving a tractor/trailer under the crane at the time and one of the loaded containers crushed his tractor. Talk about God looking over someone , he survived with a few injuries but was smiling and gave me a thumbs up as he was loaded in the ambulance. A very lucky guy , the man upstairs was truly looking after him. Inches from death!

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #7 - 10/31/16 at 20:49:04

Ruttly, that truly is amazing.

After seeing that my battery was basically dry, I am guessing that even if I had gotten it started it may very well have died on me at some point. Or at least I would have been stranded at work in the afternoon.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #8 - 11/01/16 at 06:51:26

I wanted to ride the Ninja to work last week, and when I was all geared up and ready to leave it didn't seem to have enough battery to completely spin it over and crank (charged it later and it is now fine). Never had problems with it before. I started to just swap over and ride the S40, but I also had that gut feeling that God was telling me it wasn't my day to ride, so I just got in the truck and headed on to work. I never noticed anything that day that I was saved from and you don't always 'know', but when you get that gut feeling it's best to just stand down.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #9 - 11/01/16 at 10:12:55

It is ... strange I guess you could say. But definitely trust your gut. You made the right choice Stew and it is probably even better to not to know what you were being protected from.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #10 - 11/01/16 at 10:14:57

Agreed , one should never tempt fate !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #11 - 11/02/16 at 08:31:26

Same here :

I don't get mad at being delayed anymore ... but , say thank you Lord for directing my path instead !

Our weather has had me ridding every day , most of the time taking the long way around !!!  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #12 - 11/02/16 at 08:57:18

I was too tired last night to even think about putting the battery back in the bike but I will hopefully get it done tonight even though I will not get home until around 9pm. I would like to ride in to work tomorrow. And I am expecting the bike to start up right away.

But Lord, I know you are listening and watching so please just let me know what I need to do. And like MM says, I don't mind being delayed, I just want to be safe.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 11/02/16 at 09:18:39

springman wrote on 10/31/16 at 19:42:26:
I took the battery out of the bike and saw that it was almost completely dry. I cleaned it up, filled it up with distilled water and it is charging right now. And it is taking the charge. I'll leave it charging overnight and will hopefully ride later this week.

I do take it as a sign of the Lord watching over me and I am thankful.

Usually by the end of October, beginning of November it is cold here but we are having 60's in the morning low 80's in the afternoon. Good riding weather.

You all be safe and may God watch over each and everyone of us. Smiley

I would have it tested after you charge it. Batteries are fickle enough without having a
Walking Wounded
flaky battery just waiting for you to be far from home to roll over and die.
They are not cheap but I would be considering a new glass mat soon.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #14 - 11/02/16 at 20:26:53

You have a point JOG. I may just order a battery soon. For now though, I just finished putting the battery back into the bike and it started on the first crank. The charger indicated it has a full charge. I was going to check it with my multimeter but apparently the batteries in the multimeter have gone kaputz. If good weather I may ride tomorrow.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:33:56

General CategoryThe Cafe › And the Lord said "It is not a good day to ride!"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.