Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Voting Pisses Me OFF (Read 81 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

Voting Pisses Me OFF
10/27/16 at 12:30:42

I HATE VOTER REGISTRATION. always have. I didn't vote for the first 10 years I was eligible to because I didn't want to register to vote. I should just be able to show up, prove I'm a citizen, of age, in the area, and vote. that's it, no paperwork registering who I am with who knows what private/government collusion agency f that is.

Voter ID, F-U!  when I first started voting I always used my ID, could never keep track of that stupid voter registration card that was sent to me, and I hated that even existed. Now that voter ID is an issue, today I early voted, I tried just using the registration card, oh no, that's not enough, if I did that, I'd be SINGLED OUT and accused of perjury. Made me feel like a second class citizen.

I hate voting, the choices all suck and the process is BS.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: Voting Pisses Me OFF
Reply #1 - 10/27/16 at 13:33:41

LostArtist wrote on 10/27/16 at 12:30:42:
I HATE VOTER REGISTRATION. always have. I didn't vote for the first 10 years I was eligible to because I didn't want to register to vote. I should just be able to show up, prove I'm a citizen, of age, in the area, and vote. that's it, no paperwork registering who I am with who knows what private/government collusion agency f that is.

Voter ID, F-U!  when I first started voting I always used my ID, could never keep track of that stupid voter registration card that was sent to me, and I hated that even existed. Now that voter ID is an issue, today I early voted, I tried just using the registration card, oh no, that's not enough, if I did that, I'd be SINGLED OUT and accused of perjury. Made me feel like a second class citizen.

Well, the Hillary folks ARE pretty worried about low turn out.  Be funny if Trump won 'cause the democrats were too pissed off to bother voting.  Roll Eyes

It's interesting how different the polling systems are in different places. When I vote here in NY I don't have to show anything. I tell the lady - it's almost always a lady - my name and address, she finds it on her list, I sign on the line next to my name on her list and I vote. Done. I've been voting here for over thirty years and the system has always been the same. Only thing that's changed were the machines.

I live in a county of about 3/4 of a million people. I've have never had to stand in a line that was more than four or five people long, and never spent more than 15 or twenty minutes in the polling place.

When I see the news reports after every major election about people standing in lines around the block and waiting for hours I just shake my head. I mean, this is New York, a state noted for having a pretty dysfunctional government. I guess the board of elections in at least my county has their sh*t together better than a lot of places.

Anyway, I'm glad you did get to vote. And yeah, I'm not real impressed with the POTUS choices this year either.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 10/27/16 at 14:22:32

It don't count no how  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 10/27/16 at 16:12:44

I HATE VOTER REGISTRATION. always have.

‘I didn’t vote for the first 10 years'

Ah,  a   Clue !.   21 + 10 = 31 ???
Their is a  reason, their is the phrase:
  “Youth is Wasted on the Young”

I Have voted for 43 years, and in several times,   Twice in the year.
    (Primaries)
Voting is  NOT,   ONCE,   every 4 years.
It is  EVERY YEAR.  
So have Voted probably about 64 times.

Never ONCE, was their EVER,  ANY   Problem  
NEVER.

Now if you live in a  area, which you PAY  RE  TAXES in,
It would be like, oldNslow said: ‘I tell the lady  my name and address, she finds it on her list, I sign on the line next to my name on her list and I vote.’

‘the choices all suck’
I Agree, but STILL  Vote for the one which represents me the ‘most’.

’the process is BS'

Voting is as hard as you make it.
In fact, I have had a  Harder time, buying beer, cashing a check, renting a car, getting a hotel room, going to a Doctor, or The Eye Clinic, buying land, transferring a MV  title, getting a  CC,  Getting a cell phone, Getting a  MV  License, getting a Job,  (On and On and On)

‘ I should just be able to show up, prove I’m a citizen, of age, in the area, and vote.'
 Yes agree.  The part about: ‘citizen, of age,  -   in the area’.
(Living in that District), Is where the system is at fault.   In  Minn, in some places, you just show up, with a cable tv bill, which the address is ‘within’ the District, You get to vote.  (Get on the buss, then get off at the next District, and someone hands you another ‘bill’ with a address inside the District. etc. etc. etc. But then of course, going ‘home’, someone wants beer, they have to show a  ID  to get  it)

And a, ‘Citizen’.  ???????  That is a  JOKE!

(Joke)   Do you know the difference between  DEAD  people voting, and a  Illegal Alien Voting?
The, Dead people, go  BACK.   The   Illegals’, Stay !

‘could never keep track of that stupid voter registration card that was sent to me, and I hated that even existed.’

Can’t help that.  Guessing you have the same problem, keeping track, of your  Drivers License,  MV Insurance card, SS Card, and your Credit Cards?

Voting is the, Supreme  Privilege, of living in a,  FREE   County !!!!!
It is what people, over many, MANY, years, have  DIED for.
But:   “that stupid voter registration card”.
IT Is  So,   Bothersome, to keep track of !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/27/16 at 16:48:40

oldNslow wrote on 10/27/16 at 13:33:41:

Well, the Hillary folks ARE pretty worried about low turn out.  Be funny if Trump won 'cause the democrats were too pissed off to bother voting.  Roll Eyes

It's interesting how different the polling systems are in different places. When I vote here in NY I don't have to show anything. I tell the lady - it's almost always a lady - my name and address, she finds it on her list, I sign on the line next to my name on her list and I vote. Done. I've been voting here for over thirty years and the system has always been the same. Only thing that's changed were the machines.

I live in a county of about 3/4 of a million people. I've have never had to stand in a line that was more than four or five people long, and never spent more than 15 or twenty minutes in the polling place.

When I see the news reports after every major election about people standing in lines around the block and waiting for hours I just shake my head. I mean, this is New York, a state noted for having a pretty dysfunctional government. I guess the board of elections in at least my county has their sh*t together better than a lot of places.

Anyway, I'm glad you did get to vote. And yeah, I'm not real impressed with the POTUS choices this year either.

in Texas, they tried to pass a Voter ID law, making you show a PHOTO ID to vote, that was struck down, but somehow a compromise was reached that if you don't show a Photo ID, you have to fill out paper work and sign an affidavit saying that you aren't perjuring yourself, so now voting is a big hoopla, before I'd show my ID and they'd be like, nah, we don't need that, and they'd just ask me my name and I'd sign and move on. also when you register, you sign an affidavit saying that you are who you are and that you are a citizen then, so now I'm signing that I'm who I am and I'm a citizen twice, because the Republicans are cowering wimps who can't win without disenfranchising poor and minority voters, (of which I am neither, I'm not rich, but I'm white & barely middle class)  

Also, yeah there are almost no lines when I vote either, I made a bit of a scene at the voting place, cause I really did kinda feel put down , I even tore up my voter registration card, cause, what's the point of that now?

I feel like they should just tattoo a barcode on the back of your hand when you register to vote, freaking fascists

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/27/16 at 16:49:31

raydawg wrote on 10/27/16 at 14:22:32:

I'm in Texas, you have no idea how little my vote counts here, but that just makes me want to vote even more

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 10/27/16 at 16:52:14

LostArtist wrote on 10/27/16 at 16:49:31:

I'm in Texas, you have no idea how little my vote counts here, but that just makes me want to vote even more

Ja, I think the Rio Grande has elected more politicians than what/who actually ran for office   Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 10/27/16 at 17:05:38

LostArtist wrote on 10/27/16 at 16:48:40:
" ... that if you don't show a Photo ID, you have to fill out paper work and sign an affidavit saying that you aren't perjuring yourself, so now voting is a big hoopla,   -   ... when you register to vote, freaking fascists

LOLOOOOOLOLOOL

So  MUCH,  a   Problem.
To have the ULTIMATE,   FREEDOM,  to Vote.

So Much a  Problem.

Gee,  Why not make a  'app', for a  i-Phone,
so while your are playing, 'pokey-man' you can vote  !!!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 10/27/16 at 17:05:56

MnSpring wrote on 10/27/16 at 16:12:44:
I HATE VOTER REGISTRATION. always have.

‘I didn’t vote for the first 10 years'

Ah,  a   Clue !.   21 + 10 = 31 ???
Their is a  reason, their is the phrase:
  “Youth is Wasted on the Young”

I Have voted for 43 years, and in several times,   Twice in the year.
    (Primaries)
Voting is  NOT,   ONCE,   every 4 years.
It is  EVERY YEAR.  
So have Voted probably about 64 times.

Never ONCE, was their EVER,  ANY   Problem  
NEVER.

Now if you live in a  area, which you PAY  RE  TAXES in,
It would be like, oldNslow said: ‘I tell the lady  my name and address, she finds it on her list, I sign on the line next to my name on her list and I vote.’

‘the choices all suck’
I Agree, but STILL  Vote for the one which represents me the ‘most’.

’the process is BS'

Voting is as hard as you make it.
In fact, I have had a  Harder time, buying beer, cashing a check, renting a car, getting a hotel room, going to a Doctor, or The Eye Clinic, buying land, transferring a MV  title, getting a  CC,  Getting a cell phone, Getting a  MV  License, getting a Job,  (On and On and On)

‘ I should just be able to show up, prove I’m a citizen, of age, in the area, and vote.'
 Yes agree.  The part about: ‘citizen, of age,  -   in the area’.
(Living in that District), Is where the system is at fault.   In  Minn, in some places, you just show up, with a cable tv bill, which the address is ‘within’ the District, You get to vote.  (Get on the buss, then get off at the next District, and someone hands you another ‘bill’ with a address inside the District. etc. etc. etc. But then of course, going ‘home’, someone wants beer, they have to show a  ID  to get  it)

And a, ‘Citizen’.  ???????  That is a  JOKE!

(Joke)   Do you know the difference between  DEAD  people voting, and a  Illegal Alien Voting?
The, Dead people, go  BACK.   The   Illegals’, Stay !

‘could never keep track of that stupid voter registration card that was sent to me, and I hated that even existed.’

Can’t help that.  Guessing you have the same problem, keeping track, of your  Drivers License,  MV Insurance card, SS Card, and your Credit Cards?

Voting is the, Supreme  Privilege, of living in a,  FREE   County !!!!!
It is what people, over many, MANY, years, have  DIED for.
But:   “that stupid voter registration card”.
IT Is  So,   Bothersome, to keep track of !

well ain't you special

and no, keeping track of my driver's license is easy, I USE IT EVERY DAY, not just once a year. credit cards are at least a once a month thing

and you are paranoid/special

Also I never needed ID to vote before, I used it, because it was easy, I was so happy that I actually had a voter registration card that I hadn't lost I wanted to actually use it, but no, now they have to make it difficult

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 10/27/16 at 17:07:24

MnSpring wrote on 10/27/16 at 17:05:38:
LostArtist wrote on 10/27/16 at 16:48:40:
" ... that if you don't show a Photo ID, you have to fill out paper work and sign an affidavit saying that you aren't perjuring yourself, so now voting is a big hoopla,   -   ... when you register to vote, freaking fascists

LOLOOOOOLOLOOL

So  MUCH,  a   Problem.
To have the ULTIMATE,   FREEDOM,  to Vote.

So Much a  Problem.

Gee,  Why not make a  'app', for a  i-Phone,
so while your are playing, 'pokey-man' you can vote  !!!!!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

can you sign here ____________ you know, that way I know you aren't perjuring yourself by making yourself look like such a fool?

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #10 - 10/27/16 at 17:11:32

When I lived in Massachusetts in the general elections I would see only ONE (1) name on the ballot for the majority of state offices and ONLY one (1) for the US House of Representatives and the US Senate...    When one political party has that much control the citizens are tax slaves and are treated with total contempt.  Shocked

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 10/27/16 at 17:15:58

old.indian wrote on 10/27/16 at 17:11:32:
When I lived in Massachusetts in the general elections I would see only ONE (1) name on the ballot for the majority of state offices and ONLY one (1) for the US House of Representatives and the US Senate...    When one political party has that much control the citizens are tax slaves and are treated with total contempt.  Shocked  

Seems the f-ucked tongue, has replaced the forked tongue  Grin

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #12 - 10/27/16 at 17:31:13

old.indian wrote on 10/27/16 at 17:11:32:
When I lived in Massachusetts in the general elections I would see only ONE (1) name on the ballot for the majority of state offices and ONLY one (1) for the US House of Representatives and the US Senate...    

That happens. One person running for a  office.
 Now,  WHY?
Could it be, that  NO ONE  ELSE, is  Running?

Why?
 Could it be the TV  Re-runs, Pizza, and Beer, are more important ?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #13 - 10/27/16 at 17:41:17

LostArtist wrote on 10/27/16 at 17:05:56:
"...  keeping track of my driver's license is easy, I USE IT EVERY DAY,

You use your  D.L,   EVERY DAY ?
WOW

Every  Day ?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #14 - 10/28/16 at 07:21:51

LostArtist wrote on 10/27/16 at 16:49:31:

Don't feel like you're special, I'm a republican in california, my vote means little too.

But I have to laugh sometimes, they passed a carbon tax on refineries.  
Next year there was a big hoopla about gas prices... why are they a $1 more than anywhere else?... idiots.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 10:01:33

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Voting Pisses Me OFF

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.