Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just read it, chew on it.... (Read 49 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Just read it, chew on it....
10/25/16 at 10:21:10

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Just read it, chew on it....
Reply #1 - 10/25/16 at 12:00:30

That's a frikkin' book!... Grin

What's it say,.. in just 3 sentences please... Undecided

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 10/25/16 at 13:36:10

Serowbot wrote on 10/25/16 at 12:00:30:
That's a frikkin' book!... Grin

What's it say,.. in just 3 sentences please... Undecided

No way Jose, my taste buds are different than yours.
I can however, give you some aroma  Grin

It talks about the white middle class male that was the backbone of the democrat party.
How they have lost it.
I think it gives some good perspective from Hillary's position, which, sans all the lying, cheating, out maneuvering of the opposition, is way more naturally right center, than what her public appearance demonstrates.
One only need Togo back 8 years ago and see a different Hillary when running against a progressive Obama.

Read it, I can't agree with all of it, some seems scripted, well duh, but it is very well done as an essay.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #3 - 10/25/16 at 21:01:27

Mr. Packer's assessment of the disenchantment of the White Working class over the past several decades is pretty accurate I think. His assessment of Hillary is less so, particularly in light of what we have learned from the emails that keep dribbling out, and which he completely ignores. Indeed, practically everything that he writes about her in the article is what she tells him  herself during their interview.

He doesn't like Trump much, and I think much of what he says about Trump as a person is valid, but he completely ignores the actual policy issues that Trump espouses and which resonate with a whole lot of people. Mr. Packer also strikes me as being a bit condescending when he describes a lot of Trump supporters. I guess that's not too surprising considering the magazine  he writes for.

It's a good effort and an interesting read, but I think Mr. Packer doesn't quite get it. He is convinced that Trump is not the answer, and he could well be right about that, but the fact that he apparently believes that Hillary could be the answer tells me that he hasn't quite figured things out correctly.

We have come to where we are at. If Trump happens to win the election, it makes no difference whether he is a good president or a horrible one. Trump is not a candidate for office  in the usual meaning of the word. He's more like a giant middle finger stuck in the face of the whole sorry bunch that are in the drivers seat right now. His "qualifications" or his "temperament" are irrelevant.

No matter who wins, this isn't going to end well.

I'm going to go read about the French Revolution now. See if I can pick up some survival tips.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 10/25/16 at 22:04:37

oldNslow wrote on 10/25/16 at 21:01:27:
I'm going to go read about the French Revolution now. See if I can pick up some survival tips.

Wear a thick scarf... Cool

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 10/26/16 at 03:27:48

oldNslow wrote on 10/25/16 at 21:01:27:
Mr. Packer's assessment of the disenchantment of the White Working class over the past several decades is pretty accurate I think. His assessment of Hillary is less so, particularly in light of what we have learned from the emails that keep dribbling out, and which he completely ignores. Indeed, practically everything that he writes about her in the article is what she tells him  herself during their interview.

He doesn't like Trump much, and I think much of what he says about Trump as a person is valid, but he completely ignores the actual policy issues that Trump espouses and which resonate with a whole lot of people. Mr. Packer also strikes me as being a bit condescending when he describes a lot of Trump supporters. I guess that's not too surprising considering the magazine  he writes for.

It's a good effort and an interesting read, but I think Mr. Packer doesn't quite get it. He is convinced that Trump is not the answer, and he could well be right about that, but the fact that he apparently believes that Hillary could be the answer tells me that he hasn't quite figured things out correctly.

We have come to where we are at. If Trump happens to win the election, it makes no difference whether he is a good president or a horrible one. Trump is not a candidate for office  in the usual meaning of the word. He's more like a giant middle finger stuck in the face of the whole sorry bunch that are in the drivers seat right now. His "qualifications" or his "temperament" are irrelevant.

No matter who wins, this isn't going to end well.

Yes, that is how I saw it too.
I will part company with you on Hillary.
I do feel she is savvy enough, and those emails prove it, to address these concerns once elected.

Yes, it will come at a cost against those folks on her fringe, and those special interest lobby groups, HOWEVER, we have seen how they abandon their cause, like Bill and groping, when its their horse they have to back, as opposed to a different party.

She knows they have been taught they have no where else to go.....

She'll cast a wider blanket to encompass more citizens under her spell.
A very hard task, indeed, but this gal, if nothing else, is always working the angles.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 10/26/16 at 04:25:40

Thinking more about the middle finger analogy, that is very good!
Give it to a Harley rider and see what kind of response you get  Angry

This is why Trump is all wrong.

Look, we are up against the reasoning of the wisdom of Black lives matter, mentality.....
Oh that sounds so good!

However, Bernie said all lives matter, WTF, you can't say that!!!!

Why, is it not true?

Ya know, even the blacks are part of the "all", yet they want to segregate or deny others what they want?

This is the dumbing we are up against, and giving them a middle finger is not going to work

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #7 - 10/26/16 at 04:51:55

Quote:
She'll cast a wider blanket to encompass more citizens under her spell.

I don't think so. Mr. Packer's attempt in his article to characterise Hillary as being center right in terms of policy is just nonsense. There is nothing "center-right" about open borders, free trade agreements, stuffing the Supreme court with activist judges, reversing the heller decision in order to gut the second amendment, the malfeasance of wall street and the global financial institutions , and late term abortions. Regardless of how any particular individual feels about those issues,trying to portray Hillary's position on just those few things as centrist is quite a stretch.

She will continue to ignore the disenfranchised white voters in her "basket of deplorables", and the blacks and latinos won't fare much better once the election is over and they are no longer useful. The anger will fester, the infighting between the different tribes will get worse instead of better, and Hillary and her cronies will be the ones who will need a wall to hide behind.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 10/26/16 at 08:08:10

Hard to disagree on your well reasoned prediction, however I will to a wildcard, in the matter.
And that is human nature, hers.
Her ego is massive, I bet, to the point of making Trumps  look like a pimple on her big butt  Grin
She wants eternity.
History books.
She wants to prove God is a woman  Roll Eyes

I think she'll break away from conventional wisdom and go where she believes the most support is, and that will be a strong middle class lobby

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #9 - 10/26/16 at 08:34:36

Quote:
She wants eternity.
History books.

Well, she's still got to win the election first. All the polls and pundits are trying to convince everyone that she's got it in the bag, and I think the odds are in her favor, but I don't think a surprise is entirely out of the question. We'll know soon enough.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 09:08:40

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Just read it, chew on it....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.