Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Should I get this...and a divorce? (Read 242 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Should I get this...and a divorce?
Reply #15 - 10/24/16 at 11:53:34

I gotta stop hanging around you guys...TOO MANY IDEAS!!!!

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 10/24/16 at 11:59:09

oldNslow wrote on 10/24/16 at 11:42:52:
I don't get the 12" wheels though. Why scooter wheels. Put 17 inch wheels on it and it's a real motorcycle.

I don't get it either - but Kawasaki is trying to cash in on the success that Honda has had with the Grom and Ruckus.  Maybe some folks just feel safer on a bike that looks small (even if it would handle better and be safer with larger diameter wheels).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
BSTON

Milwaukee, WI
Reply #17 - 10/25/16 at 05:54:33

Dave wrote on 10/24/16 at 11:59:09:
I don't get it either - but Kawasaki is trying to cash in on the success that Honda has had with the Grom and Ruckus.  Maybe some folks just feel safer on a bike that looks small (even if it would handle better and be safer with larger diameter wheels).

My best guess is that it's something that you can try to ride at 10/10ths and not be at ludicrous speed. Plus with something that small, people are probably treating them a little more like a dirt bike that they can throw around and not break.

I imagine if I had one I'd be constantly beating on it and doing stupid things that I wouldn't try on a 'normal' motorcycle. I'd personally just spend the same amount of money on a dirt / motard bike.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #18 - 10/25/16 at 06:42:28

I don't get the 12" wheels though. Why scooter wheels. Put 17 inch wheels on it and it's a real motorcycle.

Yep....you are always so much safer with the bigger wheels!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unrXf1Ta5no

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #19 - 10/25/16 at 15:12:55

Actually, a lot of scooter manufacturers opt for the smaller wheels specifically for in-city maneuverability.  A larger wheel definitely gives a nicer ride but 10" wheels can turn on a dime.  Speaking with a little experience here.  I spent about 7 years and 40K miles with a scooter that had 10" wheels.  I rode several with larger wheels during that time and the differences were very noticeable!

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #20 - 10/26/16 at 06:44:10

Watching that crash compilation reminded me of something I learned at Barber's a few weeks ago. Kept seeing these things only on the right handlebar covering the brake lever.  Finally asked a rider what they were and he explained that it's a simple guard that protects your brake lever. Not from breaking off, but from when you are tangling up with other bikes for positions off of the starting line or worse at higher track speeds, that your opponent's handlebar doesn't accidentally depress your brake lever and cause your front tire to lock up and make you 'fall down-go boom".  

Very basic principle, but makes a whole lotta sense!

index2.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #21 - 10/26/16 at 07:15:01

Stew:

Now I don't know which handlebar accessory I should get?  Either that brake lever thingy.....or the long leather strap with the metal buckle on the end so I can assault anyone that gets too near!

Back in the 70's when I was off road racing....the front brakes were so weak that you could have shoved somebody off their motorcycle with your brake lever - without the front brake doing much of anything to slow the bike down!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #22 - 10/26/16 at 08:41:06

Leather straps are always better, no matter what the application  Grin Grin Grin

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:24:16

General CategoryThe Cafe › Should I get this...and a divorce?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.