Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Accident On The Dragon Goes Unnoticed (Read 78 times)
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Accident On The Dragon Goes Unnoticed
10/21/16 at 13:25:21

An accident on the Dragon involving two motorcycles went unnoticed for 24 hrs.  There was one fatality and one critically injured.

https://bikernation.biz/blogs/news/fatal-accident-on-the-dragon-goes-unnotice...
You'll have to cut and paste the entire address into your browser because the posting software keeps breaking it up onto two lines.

fixed it-v1

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Accident On The Dragon Goes Unnoticed
Reply #1 - 10/21/16 at 13:34:27

Wow.  Very unfortunate. Hard to imagine that no one knew they were out there somewhere (after not responding to other friends/family) and didn't send out a search party.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 10/21/16 at 16:20:34

Wow

I was there last Saturday afternoon , didn't notice any new skid marks or anything .  

goes to show ya , breaking is bad when someone is on you tail .

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 10/21/16 at 17:03:11

I saw the news report on this yesterday, it is terrible.
I am surprised that anyone noticed anything and that they found them.
The survivor was extremely fortunate to be found at all.

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/21/16 at 18:10:14

It is a very tragic story, two riding buddies.  Probably family and friends didn't get upset about not hearing from them for a day because they were together and could look out for each other and were expected to be busy riding and just generally having a good time.

My brother and I used to go on long fishing trips together into remote areas and no one expected us to call.  If we weren't fishing we were busy with campfires, cooking etc.  The whole idea was to get away from the normal routine so no calls.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 10/22/16 at 03:52:30

A number of the Honda ST owners who go on long trips alone have SPOT, so that folks can track where they are - or call for emergency help when they need it:
http://www.findmespot.com/en/?cid=102

I had Eat/Sleep/Ride on my last phone (I haven't installed it on my new phone yet).  The free version will track and keep a record of your rides - for a fee they will add a "crashlight" protection feature....it recognizes the forces in a crash and it requires you to deactivate an alert if it senses a crash....then calls for help if you fail to respond.  I didn't subscribe to the crashlight feature, and I didn't install it on my new phone.  On my previous phone it seemed to use a lot of battery to make the program work (I don't have a power port on the Cafe' bike), and when it loses the cell phone signal the program stops working....so your all day ride might end up with only 10 miles of data, and this was just about every ride when you go to the Deals Gap area.  When I rode in areas with good cell service, it was nice to have a program that showed a visual map of the route you took the mile that was traveled, time moving and stopping, maximum speed and lean angles, etc.  The fact that it needs cell service to work also means that if you crash in a remote area without cell service.....nobody will be notified.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eatsleepride-motorcycle-gps/id541036952?mt=8

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 10:39:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › Accident On The Dragon Goes Unnoticed

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.