Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
SnatsafrappinritzapoppinAaaaargh! (Read 171 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: SnatsafrappinritzapoppinAaaaargh!
Reply #15 - 10/21/16 at 14:08:42

stewmills wrote on 10/21/16 at 13:46:10:
Don't forget to change the helium in your tires every 3 months. I change mine and see a 10% increase in MPG for the first few weeks at it's peak weight-lifting capability before it starts getting stale and the bike gets heavier.

If you stop using the cheap hellium you'll get a 20% increase, but your tires will go flat in a month.
cheap hellium is 50% air and hellium is capable of migrating its way thru the rubber because it's a very small molecule.

WWW   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #16 - 10/21/16 at 14:17:22

Not if you line your tires with mylar balloons. I did, and it never leaks, just gets stale.  Plus, the guys at the tire shop like it when they change my tires and get to pull out that Hello Kitty balloon.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #17 - 10/21/16 at 15:14:05

I use nitrous oxide in my tires
If I need a good laugh I just stop and take a hit off my front tire and be on my way !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #18 - 10/22/16 at 07:17:40

I use straight up hydrogen, if a car hits and kills me, I want to be sure he gets it's too

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 10/23/16 at 08:31:55

he Shinko 230 is getting a lot of good press on this forum.  It is very affordable, it is round and black, and badwolf can get 18,500 miles out of one.  I put a 130/90-15 size on the rescue bike, and the size is almost identical to the IRC 140/80-15.  In the 140/90-15 size it is much bigger, and it helps to lower the engine rpm at speed - but it is larger and heavier and does slow the acceleration and handling down a bit.

I'm not going for AA Fueler acceleration and im not TOO concerned with razor handling.. I Do sometimes need to flick a foot to go around a pothole at forty.. would I be at a disadvantage with the bigger tire? I DO, definitely, ohhh most certainly, want it turning slower on the road. I'm planning a Spring camping trip that hops from lake to lake heade South till we just pack up and get on to Galveston. Reelthing is gonna ride the Guzzi up, we will meet, fish, drink Adult Beverages, fish, rinse, repeat, and Try to not demonstrate that we Are in fact Rednecks by discovering that we have indeed gotten too drunk to fish.

Ya know, doesn't matter, I'm gonna go with the 140, I had some of that size on the other bike and it handled fine for my riding.
Price IS good,,and I see
Buy the Pair, front and back,
But that is More than buying them separately,,,
WTH?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #20 - 10/23/16 at 08:36:31

I have the Pirelli 140/90 15 rear. Zoomed all over the NC mountains and the Dragon twice this year and no complaints on handling.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 23:38:15

General CategoryThe Cafe › SnatsafrappinritzapoppinAaaaargh!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.