Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
and the band played on...... (Read 70 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
and the band played on......
10/21/16 at 03:35:22

Some funny lines, however, this, to me, shows the disconnect of our system.....
Sure, these folks can sit and jest, they've enough money that they can break laws, etc, regardless of who is in office, as Hillary did speak the truth they ALL have public, and private, personalities....

WAKE UP SHEEP...... stupid gets more of your reality, until you actually do forget reality, and you can't find your way home.
These folks are not, and have not, been good shepherds for quite a spell.
Why it is not obvious to all how dissension and discord is applied to the herds, I can only guess.

It is extremely revealing, and should provide clarity, to those who harbor such narrow mindsets, with the coverage Trump is getting and the labeling, with his rhetoric.
He is merely using what the others use, yet refuse to see, or acknowledge in themselves.....

The first outburst from members of the audience at the annual Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner came when Trump said that Clinton was "so corrupt she got kicked off the Watergate Commission."

WATCH: TRUMP JOKES ABOUT CLINTON 'PARDON'

The jeers continued when Trump referenced the Clinton campaign emails leaked by Wikileaks and claimed that the former secretary of state was "pretending not to hate Catholics," an apparent reference to 2011 emails from a current Clinton campaign spokeswoman that mocked Catholics and evangelical Christians.

CLINTON: IT TOOK A VILLAGE TO WRITE THESE JOKES
Some members of the audience appeared to be shouting at Timothy Cardinal Dolan, who was sitting between the candidates, and asking him to take the microphone from Trump, who quickly pivoted to remembrances of attending the event with his father.

Predictions Map
See the Fox News 2016 battleground prediction map and make your own election projections.
See Predictions Map →
Moments earlier, Trump had gotten one of the biggest cheers of the night when he joked about his wife Melania's speech at the Republican National Convention, which was found to have been partially plagiarized from an address by first lady Michelle Obama.

"Michelle Obama gives a speech and everyone loves it," Trump said. "My wife Melania gives the exact same speech and people get on her case and I don't get it. I don't know why."

As Melania Trump rose to acknowledge the applause, her husband remarked, "I'm in trouble when I go home tonight. She didn't know about that one."

Some of Trump's attack lines showed a sense of humor. Clinton was the first one to laugh when Trump joked that she had bumped into him earlier in the night "and she very simply said `Pardon me"' -- an unsubtle reference to the Republican nominee's frequent declarations that his opponent should go to jail.

Clinton, meanwhile, joked that she had taken a break from her "usual nap schedule" to attend and suggested that the audience should be pleased she's not charging her usual fee for speaking in front of potential donors.
But she also got in some digs at Trump, a few of which drew scattered jeers. Clinton said she understood why Trump was leery of teleprompters because they can be difficult to follow and "I'm sure it's even harder when you're translating from the original Russian."

Clinton repeatedly referenced Trump's most controversial moments from the three presidential debates. She joked that if Trump didn't like what she was saying, then he could shout 'wrong."'

She added that she was surprised Trump let her go second because "I didn't think he'd be OK with a peaceful transition of power." And she said Trump "looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a four. Maybe a `5' if she loses the torch and tablet and changes her hair."

She even took a shot at Trump's running mate, saying that "after listening to your speech, I will also look forward to listening to Mike Pence deny that you ever said it."

The candidates did not greet each other or make eye contact when they entered and took their seats for the event at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, though they did shake hands at the conclusion of the roast.

For his part, Dolan called his seat "the iciest place on the planet," though he later said that he was "very moved" by the candidates' interaction on the dais.

"They were very friendly, very uplifting, very complimentary to one another," he told Fox News outside the event. "The fact that we are together, the fact that they shook hands at the end and said, 'See ya on the campaign trail,' that's not bad."

Clinton and Trump both took some early heat from the night's master of ceremonies, Alfred E. Smith IV, the event namesake's great-grandson. Smith joked that Trump approached Clinton before the event and asked how she was doing, to which Smith responded "I'm fine but now get out of the ladies' dressing room."

Trump laughed at the joke, and again when Smith made another joke about the leaked video which captured Trump using vulgar language, saying while the celebrity businessman was "sitting next to a man in a robe [Cardinal Dolan], but this is not a locker room. Watch your language!"
Smith also teased Clinton, noting that "titans of Wall Street" were in attendance, but told her to restrain herself from seeking donations and to "remember the children."

« Last Edit: 10/21/16 at 04:38:51 by raydawg »  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: and the band played on......
Reply #1 - 10/21/16 at 07:29:08

s Hillary did speak the truth they ALL have public, and private, personalities.

Behaving differently in public versus the privacy of your own home and hanging with friends is one thing.
Being a Public SERVANT and telling the PUBLIC you SERVE Lies
Is Not Okay.
Telling wall street insiders one thing, then coming out publicly threatening to
Get those Scallywags
Knowing you've already Told them that you Have to talk some smack about the EEEvil Wall Street biggies and hedge fund managers, which, BTW, is what her SIL is, I dew bleeve.. that's not a different
Personality
That's a completely different POLICY Position.

And what did people do?
They bought into allowing her to conflate Behaving differently in private and making statements regarding her beliefs and goals to the Public, while, behind Our BACKS, she's telling the people who are getting richer and richer as they screw US that she's not gonna do a darned thing to their little game.

Talk about needing to wake up.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 10/21/16 at 08:36:48

Trump missed a great line after all the boo's he shoulda replied 'Hellery, how'd you fix the audience?'

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 10/21/16 at 08:43:05

Being a public servant also requires that you sometimes set aside your own personal opinions and represent the wishes of your constituents...
That's not lying, it's representing...

Not saying that explains all lies,... but maybe some...
Some "evolution" of ideals... etc...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 10/21/16 at 09:39:38

Serowbot wrote on 10/21/16 at 08:43:05:
Being a public servant also requires that you sometimes set aside your own personal opinions and represent the wishes of your constituents...

I agree in total, but it doesn't happen. You get, I was elected, so you can stuff it, instead.
This would be the exhibition of tolerance, if leaders could openly debate issues on merit, instead of demogoguery.
This is part of the reason I think PC does more damage than what it tries to prevent.....
We need dialogue, not name calling, shaming, belittling.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 10/21/16 at 09:54:17

raydawg wrote on 10/21/16 at 09:39:38:
I think PC does more damage than what it tries to prevent.....

Two statements are in conflict...

Not being PC,.. is name calling...
P O L I T I C A L  correctness...
The politics of using language that does not offend any of the constituents you represent...
This is an impossible charge, if constituents choose to be offended by the use of politically correct speech...
Demanding speech that offends seems a silly request... either that, or it is hateful...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 10/21/16 at 10:19:18

raydawg wrote on 10/21/16 at 03:35:22:
 " ...
WAKE UP SHEEP...... stupid gets more of your reality, until you actually do forget reality, and you can't find your way home. ... "

Well, We disagree. Your inferences is that the Government, is/are the Shepherds.

I Believe the, ’ Shepherds’,  In the case of the USA,  do NOT, Tell, the Sheep, where to go.
It is the SHEEP, who tell the  ‘ Shepherds’,  Where to Lead them !!!!

And Yes, last several years, the,  people, that OWN, RUN, and TELL, the Shepherds Where to lead.
Have been referred to as,  ’Sheep’, so many times.
Their reality, has been adjusted, that they, 'believe' they are, sheep, and  NEED, to be lead.

And before the  ultra-liberals, get their underwear in a bunch.
Of Course, the  ‘People’, do not have the time to do everything the Government does,
so the People,  Hire them, to do those things for them.
(It’s called  Taxes), and it is perfectly all right.

But so, Many, People,  Forget, it is  THEY, that  Hire the people,  (government)., and it is  THEY, that pay their wages. And it is  THEY, that TELL,  the people they hire, what to do.

Gee, you get hired for a job. The, ‘Boss’ says, “Do ‘A’ and ‘B’.”
But you start work, and do::   “ ‘C’  & ‘D’”
 Again  ‘GEE’,  how long you gonna have that Job For ???

For Many, Many years now, ( Late 60’s early 70’) people in the Government, have taken upon themselves,  To DO, what they Want, WHEN, They want it, and How they want it.  They have,  LEARNED,   their, ‘Bosses’, don’t give a da**.  They have  LEARNED, their is  NO  responsibility, for their actions. They have  LEARNED.  They can just squash that little bug, and ignore the mess, and carry on putting, Great  Gobs’, of,  YOUR,  money in, THEIR, pocket!

Again, before the  ultra-liberals, get their underwear in a bunch.   NOTHING  wrong, with people that have money, and that have, WORKED  for it.  
It is   HUGELY,  wrong, to,  FORCE, other people, to put money in, Your  Pocket.  (Called  Taxes).
And,  TOTALY,  Ignore, the  PEOPLE,  (Who are the, ‘BOSS’)

They way it is working now.  The, People, quibble, every four yeas, about a  POTUS.
Anybody,   ANYBODY,  who runs for that office.
KNOWS, to Tell Lies, Because in Dec, The furry, of the debates about the POTUS, will GO  AWAY, for 3.7 Years.   And then ’they’ can go back to, stuffing their pockets, with,  YOUR,  money.

This ‘Debate’, between the, ‘BOSSES’, of this Country.   Must go on,  EACH,  YEAR. and on a  LOCAL, level.

It took 30-40 years to get to where we are.  Because, Less and Less ‘BOSSES’, gave a  sh&%.
It could take much less time to get back, when the, ‘Bosses’, start caring and get involved again.

(Have both the candidates done it, Sure.)
But, One has done it 1,000 times   LESS,  than the other !

THAT, is what is driving the Trump Campaign.
Are either of them,  ‘perfect’?  (Which one of us, are, ‘perfect’)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 10/21/16 at 12:37:27

Serowbot wrote on 10/21/16 at 09:54:17:
"   ... Demanding speech that offends seems a silly request... either that, or it is hateful...  

Let’s see.   If someone said:   “FIRE”,  in a crowded Theater.
If some said, ‘HI”, to a friend, ‘Jack”.  at 30,000 feet in a Airplane.
If someone,  ‘drove with their eyes closed’.

Could those people say:   (As the OFFICIAL  DNC  Response was)
"This was an honest mistake ...  ...
We were unaware of any possible violations”.  

In Response to dumping  RAW  SEWAGE, on a  Public Street.

What would be the,  (Politicaly Correct)
word/s for:  Total  Dumb Azz   LIE ?

Oh Wait, Can't be hurtful now can we ? Shocked

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 10/21/16 at 13:30:11

The politics of using language that does not offend any of the constituents you represent...
This is an impossible charge, if constituents choose to be offended by the use of politically correct speech...
Demanding speech that offends seems a silly request... either that, or it is hateful...

I think you miss my point.
I abosultly agree that vulgar, intentional slurs should be called out, but not calling half of Trump voters deplorable(s) serves any real cause than to try and minimize any opposing views/beliefs.

I can give examples from both sides, where stereotyping is used to excuse meaningful dialogue.
Folks should be able to argue constructively without taking offense, or promoting safe zones, etc.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 10/21/16 at 13:49:43

Does the president represent only his party, those he agrees with, or everyone?
Does your answer remain the same, and are you willing to abide by it, if you find yourself in the losing party?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 10/21/16 at 14:03:21

raydawg wrote on 10/21/16 at 13:30:11:
I think you miss my point.
I abosultly agree that vulgar, intentional slurs should be called out, but not calling half of Trump voters deplorable(s) serves any real cause than to try and minimize any opposing views/beliefs.

Let's see... half of trumps supporters are deplorable and half Hellery's supporters are deport-able.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 10/21/16 at 15:45:55

Exactly what our Elected REPRESENTATIVES are Charged with doing.
When the owner of the mansion Tells the cook
I don't want you to cook meatloaf.

But the cook says
I've talked with every other cook in the neighborhood, they cook meatloaf, and their Employers Love it.

So, in spite of the fact that the People have spoken, over and over, D.C.continues to just Do as they please...

Not all
Unintended Consequences are Unforeseeable.
That they didn't Declare an OBVIOUS result of an action as a Goal OF the action and they Then pretend that it was an accidental result, an
Unintended Consequence, well, that is a load of crap.
I Saw what NAFTA would do.
I explained that the NDAA would apply to Us, and, after a while, i t was admitted.
Seriously, the dumbmasses are the ones who don't See how this works.

If anyone believes Hillary won't shove the TPP down our throats, you're Wrong.

Unlike NAFTA, the nuts and bolts of TPP aren't public.
Like Bamicare , which is quickly crashing as the people who are not dumbmass members, we will have to pass it to know what is in it.

The majority were against NAFTA.
Our Elected Representatives told us THEY knew better.
We would
Thank them later.

We have been robbed of our voice in D.C..

And for Hillary to tell US one thing and the wall street mob that they're safe, well, she's lying to US, so, vote away.

ecce signum

The hired hands are holding the landOwners HOSTAGE.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 10/21/16 at 16:03:48

Using your reasoning then, could you please explain why being atheist, and demanding others not exhibit their beliefs, is not a silly request, or hateful on the atheist.

Seems you want to extend considerations only one way, please clarify.  

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #13 - 10/21/16 at 16:35:01

(Bot SaidSmiley Being a public servant also requires that you sometimes set aside your own personal opinions and represent the wishes of your constituents...
(JOG saidSmiley Exactly what our Elected REPRESENTATIVES are Charged with doing.
When the owner of the mansion Tells the cook:
I don't want you to cook meatloaf.

But the cook says:
I've talked with every other cook in the neighborhood, they cook meatloaf, and their Employers Love it.

So, in spite of the fact that the People have spoken, over and over, D.C.continues to just Do as they please...

That is the POINT,   EXACTLY  !!!!!!!

And the 'reason',  the  BOSSES, don't care, and effect  NO, repercussions, for  NOT,  doing what their,  BOSSES   SAY !

Hitelery,  (Don't care  WHAT  you say/do/etc. she will DO,
WHAT EVER SHE WANTS  
WHATEVER !!!!!!!

That is,  (for no one that is a 'PUPPET'),

WHATEVER,    SHE    Wants,
and the Hel* with what anyone else says.  !!!!

So Glad Bot, you said:

Because their is NO WAY  IN HEL*,  SHE IS GONNA DO THAT   !!!!!!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 10/21/16 at 16:46:53

When WE say constituents
WE think
WE the People
When aa globalist says constituents
They think
The Big Money Gangsters
The same bunch who have gotten richer as
We the People
Have gotten Poorer.

Understand the root of the word
Constituents.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/constituent

It's easy to see why the People believe that We are their
Constituents.

But no, WE are not what Constitutes the criminal elite.
We are what they use, abuse and despise.

Hillary hates the dumbmasses.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/18/24 at 05:46:29

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › and the band played on......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.