Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Oxygen Sensor
Reply #15 - 11/08/16 at 03:35:56

I wonder if the vibration was the muffler insides rattling around?

Did you look inside your problem muffler and notice the insides looking like they disintegrated?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #16 - 11/08/16 at 05:35:57

I wonder if you might want to consider making some sort of flexible mounts between the mufflers and the frame.

I think Harley designed that funky bracket/crossover thing when they rubber mounted the sporty engine, so that the entire exhaust system. including the mufflers, could move with the motor. Nothing on the oem setup is bolted rigidly to the frame.

A short piece of rubber between the bolt on the muffler, and the bolt in the frame so the mufflers can move a bit. Right now your headers are moving with the engine, but the mufflers can't.

This is for a car, but something similar is what I'm thinking about.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-36272?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-...

I might be over thinking this. May not be an issue at all. But I think I'd keep a close look at the mounts and the header/muffler joint for a while just to be sure. The rubber mounted engines move around a lot more than than the old sportsters that were solidly bolted to the frame.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 11/08/16 at 06:24:42

I believe oldNslow makes a good point about the mounts.  Your engine is mounted in rubber, and when idling it bounces around a bunch, and I am sure it moves around similarly as you apply throttle and shift gears.  It would not be a good thing to have the headers mounted to the engine, and the muffler supports mounted to the frame in a way that won't allow movement.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #18 - 11/08/16 at 11:50:39

I wonder if the vibration was the muffler insides rattling around?

Na , The rear Oxygen Sensor had set a "Rich Condition" code.

Ya'll are right about the flexable mounts ,I'll start thinking on that !  Roll Eyes

Something mounted to the same place the original was but without the tubes .  Huh  ...   Aluminum ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:30:24

General CategoryThe Cafe › Oxygen Sensor

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.