Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dragon day ride this Saturday (15th) (Read 63 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Dragon day ride this Saturday (15th)
10/10/16 at 19:25:37

Saturday is my brother Kent's birthday .   So some of his buds from north Ga. are meeting Kent and me for a Dragon run , mid morning Saturday.  

Is any Savages going to be in the area ?  

I suspect a sky-way ride will take the middle of the day ?  Huh  
I believe most of the North Ga. bunch will be on Harley Baggers  , so keeping up will not be a problem , and the more the merrier !  Smiley

Kent got an  1994 Sportster that is new to him (this summer).   I understand it has some "Up-Graded" parts ... I ain't seen it yet , it might be emasculate   ?   He tends to like the old-school Chopper look .  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Dragon day ride this Saturday (15th)
Reply #1 - 10/11/16 at 04:33:30

I would love to.....can't.

My wife wants to go to a "woodcutting" party that her best friend has every year.  My wife broke her ankle in 3 places 4 weeks ago, (lots of plates and screws involved) and she wants me to take her to her friends party on Saturday....it will be her first outing since the break, and she has been sitting at home with her leg propped up for weeks. I would be in serious trouble if I abandoned her to go riding!
(But I am doing laundry, going grocer shopping, doing dishes and filling up her ice bucket every morning - and building up a lot of good will toward next years rides). Wink

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #2 - 10/11/16 at 06:30:20

Ditto.  I don't have a wife on the mend, but I played all day Sunday at the Barber's festival and getting away another weekend in a row might get me in the dog house...and it's getting cooler here and I can't see sleeping in the unheated shop over the winter  Wink

If anything miraculous happens and the wife has plans all day Saturday, you can bet I'll load up the S40 and drive up for an all day Saturday ride and come home late Saturday night...but It's not likely to work out.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #3 - 10/11/16 at 21:03:37

So your wife is out of karate for a couple of months. Tell her no more breaking boards with kicks, and if she insists, tell her to make sure she breaks the boards and not the ankle. Cool

Hope she heals quickly.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 10/12/16 at 06:47:38

springman wrote on 10/11/16 at 21:03:37:
Hope she heals quickly.

She is not a very quick healer.....especially with her bones.  She is going crazy sitting around with her leg propped up and iced - but the swelling gets bad when she doesn't.  She has had a couple days where she had to drive to Indiana and meet with the student teachers she is coaching - and it was not easy for her.

I imagine we still have 4-6 weeks of her hobbling around in a boot - she may be able to put weight on her ankle in a couple of weeks.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #5 - 10/12/16 at 09:52:01

Dave, I certainly wish her the best. I am currently recuperating from a weird injury and even though I have been able to walk without any crutches and have no cast, I am not able to do anything even slightly athletic and it is driving me nuts. I have another month or so before I can return to any athletic endeavors and it has already been about 2 months. I though about starting to drink  more, but the doctor said alcohol would slow the recovery even more. Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
BSTON

Milwaukee, WI
Reply #6 - 10/12/16 at 10:50:08

stewmills wrote on 10/11/16 at 06:30:20:
...and it's getting cooler here and I can't see sleeping in the unheated shop over the winter  Wink

If you do anything to put yourself in the dog house just make sure you do it right and include a heater in the purchase. Might as well go big.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 10/12/16 at 11:38:18

Ditto.  I don't have a wife on the mend, but I played all day Sunday at the Barber's festival and getting away another weekend in a row might get me in the dog house...and it's getting cooler here and I can't see sleeping in the unheated shop over the winter  Wink

If anything miraculous happens and the wife has plans all day Saturday, you can bet I'll load up the S40 and drive up for an all day Saturday ride and come home late Saturday night...but It's not likely to work out.

All you gotta do is make reservations for a day spa for her and a couple of girl friends.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #8 - 10/12/16 at 16:50:31

verslagen1 wrote on 10/12/16 at 11:38:18:

All you gotta do is make reservations for a day spa for her and a couple of girl friends.   Huh

Be sure you pay for it at the time you make the reservation.  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:26:02

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon day ride this Saturday (15th)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.