Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Often battery draining and now wont start at all.. (Read 285 times)
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Re: Often battery draining and now wont start at a
Reply #30 - 10/10/16 at 15:08:58

The center is NOT grounded. The stator is a 3phase with no center tap to ground. It just connects the windings together  Resistance to ground should be infinite.

edit 6:16pm

I went through all this last fall when my stator died.  New stator has no connection to ground. (infinite resistance)

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Andreas
YaBB Newbies

Badass

Reply #31 - 10/12/16 at 08:27:50

I've just found the time to work on the bike and the news are bad. I indeed have a faulty stator.
As you can see on the picture below that small metal securing stuff was bent and it was touching the rotor. I don't know how this happened but it did...
I double checked for short and I verified that this comes from the stator's windings. If the stator was removed then I could read infinite resistance, while checking on stator's body and the yellow wires I could read short.
I'll ask tomorrow the dealer for a new stator but I believe that this should be an expensive part. Any suggestions for good condition used parts would be appreciated. I don't know if you can be of any help on that as I live in Cyprus. This is a small island located in the eastern Mediterranean Sea. Far away from you!

I'd like to thank you all for the support though. You really helped me identifying the problem.

Currently on two wheels... I lost the other two of my car!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #32 - 10/12/16 at 09:05:51

Andreas wrote on 10/12/16 at 08:27:50:
I don't know if you can be of any help on that as I live in Cyprus. This is a small island located in the eastern Mediterranean Sea. Far away from you!

Never would've guessed, English is perfect.

The stator is a common part among other models.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1466140241/0#0

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #33 - 10/12/16 at 09:51:17

I'm sure sorry you found what you found, but I congratulate you on getting the troubleshooting done.

I knew about the Greek history, but the rest is news to me.

Languages of Cyprus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Languages_of_Cyprus
The official languages of the Republic of Cyprus are Greek and Turkish. In the break-away Northern Cyprus, Turkish was made the only official language by the 1983 constitution. The everyday spoken language (vernacular) of the majority of the population is Cypriot Greek, and that of Turkish Cypriots is Cypriot Turkish.
Official languages‎: ‎Greek, Turkish‎
Main foreign languages‎: ‎English (80.7%); French (10.8%); German (4.6%)‎
Minority languages‎: ‎Armenian (recognised), Cypriot Arabic (recognised), Kurbetcha ...‎
Sign languages‎: ‎Cypriot Sign Language

Apparently, English is pretty common. I've been Told that English is supposed to be pretty common here..

Just so this guy doesn't go through all this Twice, is there something he should look for that could have caused this, and will wreck his repair?
You know, like replacing a fuse, just to watch it pop?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #34 - 10/12/16 at 10:11:46

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/12/16 at 09:51:17:
Just so this guy doesn't go through all this Twice, is there something he should look for that could have caused this, and will wreck his repair?

I've only been in there twice, and it was for swapping out the rotor to match the CDI.
And I've never seen this issue before.

Beyond that... That part just holds the wiring in place.
What would hit it and knock it out of place?  Rotor?
A few have found their rotor nuts loose.
Or could it be bad crank bearings?

WWW   IP Logged
Andreas
YaBB Newbies

Badass

Reply #35 - 10/13/16 at 01:02:33

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/12/16 at 09:51:17:
I'm sure sorry you found what you found, but I congratulate you on getting the troubleshooting done.

I knew about the Greek history, but the rest is news to me.

Languages of Cyprus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Languages_of_Cyprus
The official languages of the Republic of Cyprus are Greek and Turkish. In the break-away Northern Cyprus, Turkish was made the only official language by the 1983 constitution. The everyday spoken language (vernacular) of the majority of the population is Cypriot Greek, and that of Turkish Cypriots is Cypriot Turkish.
Official languages‎: ‎Greek, Turkish‎
Main foreign languages‎: ‎English (80.7%); French (10.8%); German (4.6%)‎
Minority languages‎: ‎Armenian (recognised), Cypriot Arabic (recognised), Kurbetcha ...‎
Sign languages‎: ‎Cypriot Sign Language

Apparently, English is pretty common. I've been Told that English is supposed to be pretty common here..

Since you bother searching Wikipedia for our official languages take a look at this if you like reading and learning new stuff  Grin:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprus#cite_note-autogenerated2-13

Local dealer quote me for aprox. $150 for a new genuine stator. I suppose I'll go with the new one...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #36 - 10/13/16 at 05:32:11

Wow,, that's a lot of stuff.. I figure we have more paved miles of driveways in Texas than Cyprus has roads. I also looked up the 10 prettiest women of Cyprus..
If you're up for it, I'd be happy to see you at the Tall Table and get the straight scoop on the economy in Greece, versus Cyprus,
Looks like the business owners would need to speak several languages.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Andreas
YaBB Newbies

Badass

Reply #37 - 10/13/16 at 05:38:43

verslagen1 wrote on 10/12/16 at 09:05:51:
Andreas wrote on 10/12/16 at 08:27:50:
I don't know if you can be of any help on that as I live in Cyprus. This is a small island located in the eastern Mediterranean Sea. Far away from you!

Never would've guessed, English is perfect.

The stator is a common part among other models.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1466140241/0#0

Thanks! Wink
Here in Cyprus, English is the very next thing we learn just after we can communicate with each other. Sometimes this happens before we learn to walk. Keep in mind that we were UK's territory from 1878 - 1960...

Anyways... This guy in the link you provided seems to have had the same problem as I do.

IP Logged
Andreas
YaBB Newbies

Badass

Reply #38 - 10/13/16 at 05:45:43

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/13/16 at 05:32:11:
Wow,, that's a lot of stuff.. I figure we have more paved miles of driveways in Texas than Cyprus has roads. I also looked up the 10 prettiest women of Cyprus..
If you're up for it, I'd be happy to see you at the Tall Table and get the straight scoop on the economy in Greece, versus Cyprus,
Looks like the business owners would need to speak several languages.

I really am impressed that people living in Texas know something about Greek and Cypriot economy!
Give that list of the 10 prettiest women just for cross checking!!!
According to your info you live in Dallas. I was next to Dallas back in 2009, at Irving. I was attending a training there at Abbott Laboratories as I am a service engineer on these instruments. Thats a pitty I didn't know you then...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #39 - 10/13/16 at 11:44:17

You still have a passport,,  
And I don't know what I Really know,, but I suspect the truth about the Greek economy and conditions there are worse than what we have been being told. The media has become such a political tool that I don't trust them. I would like a bit more of an inside scoop.

I'm about 1/2 way between Dallas and Shreveport La.
So far out in the country that it's been more than a year since I have heard a siren on a fire truck, ambulance or cop car..
Pretty quiet out here..

IP Logged
Andreas
YaBB Newbies

Badass

Reply #40 - 10/13/16 at 12:12:58

I do have a passport and a still valid Visa. What I don't have is the time and money!
Totally with you about the media... This is a global phenomenon (greek word by the way...). Media is the greatest weapon of governments to manipulate people the way they want. I live here and I am not sure either about the truth. The only sure thing is corruption in the high levels of society, leaving the people below like you and me struggling to survive!
Anyway... I believe that we are getting outside the scope of this thread!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #41 - 10/13/16 at 12:42:50

Yep, and I repeat the invitation to come to the Tall Table, the Politics and Religion area.. I would appreciate hearing about what you know about Greece. We heard some for a short while, then it seems it kinda just died..

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 07:16:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Often battery draining and now wont start at all..

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.