Can't relate (Read 153 times)
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Re: Can't relate
Reply #15 - 10/06/16 at 17:59:15

Serowbot, they won't trickle if they can help it. They may drizzle, if they think it's necessary.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 10/06/16 at 20:06:03

Armen wrote on 10/06/16 at 13:39:26:
You are missing the point. It's not about how little you can get it done for, it's how out of control you can be.
My cousin is a Teamster doing construction in the city. His company just did one of the buildings on 'Billionaire's Row' in Mid-town. Almost 100 stories. Penthouse was a few floors and went for something like $60+ million. All the other units were $7-9 million, and were sold before the place was finished.
Because the units were all cookie cutter apartments (same floor plans), most of the buyers had guys like my bud lined up before they even set foot in the place to move walls, throw away fixtures, etc, and 'personalize' their places.
These are the folks Bernie Sanders was ranting about.
Another guy whose bikes I work on tells me he does investing for the one percent. Their two biggest priorities are big returns and no income taxes. Tells me he did a portfolio for one of his customers that made $18 million in the last 5 years. And the guy paid no taxes.
These are the folks that own Hillary and Trump and most of the government.
They don't want to know that you could do your kitchen for chump change.  

You've got a line to some insight few regular Joes ever see.

Really, the FAIRNESS of the income tax,, ohh, how to get it Right.
Exactly HOW does one Fairly exact money from someone?
If you're not sweating, working, actually DOING, producing a product, just making money off of Money? You can pay.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
RaleighGuy

It's as easy as

Raleigh, NC
Reply #17 - 10/07/16 at 04:05:00

jcstokes wrote on 10/06/16 at 17:59:15:
Serowbot, they won't trickle if they can help it. They may drizzle, if they think it's necessary.

I agree that it won't trickle if the rich can help it but....

If somebody out there paid $40,000 for a stove, that means the company that made that stove made a heck of a profit. Hopefully, that appliance company pays their employees a decent amount to make those overpriced stoves so it seems to be trickling a little bit whether that rich dude likes it or not.

2012 S40 Boulevard (White and Silver) - small changes so far like windshield, sissy bar, saddlebags... but mostly stock.
  IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #18 - 10/07/16 at 04:49:58

Raleigh Guy said:

"If somebody out there paid $40,000 for a stove, that means the company that made that stove made a heck of a profit. Hopefully, that appliance company pays their employees a decent amount to make those overpriced stoves so it seems to be trickling a little bit whether that rich dude likes it or not."

Not bloody likely. Remember, these are the folks that have moved our manufacturing jobs overseas, and destroyed Unions in the US. The golden days of the US were (not coincidently) the years of highest Union membership. It's now down about 8%, although to listen to the rich, you'd think all the money goes to union members who get paid to do nothing, and people on welfare.
The highest income tax brackets we had were during a Republican administration (Eisenhower) and at a time of the highest union membership in the US.
Now the rich pay very little in taxes, most people work at crap jobs with no benefits or pensions, and most products are made in China.
If you look at costs in modern manufacturing, it's more about pollution and safety laws than labor rates. True, people in China work for less money, but with the minimal number of people actually needed in a modern factory, it's more a question of getting the land cheap and being able to pollute the land, air, and water. And kill the workers.
Look at the pics of big cities in China. They look like the US 50-100 years ago. Air is so thick you can cut it with a knife.
It's also about profit margins and shareholder dividends. And insanely disproportionate CEO salaries and bonuses. And advertising costs of the products. The people who actually sweat to make products are considered the least important in the cost basis formula.
Remember the line from the movie "Greed is good!" ? It was supposed to be so absurd it was funny. We didn't realize at the time that so many people took it as Gospel.

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
RaleighGuy

It's as easy as

Raleigh, NC
Reply #19 - 10/07/16 at 09:40:32

Armen wrote on 10/07/16 at 04:49:58:
Remember, these are the folks that have moved our manufacturing jobs overseas, and destroyed Unions in the US.

No argument here.   Undecided

2012 S40 Boulevard (White and Silver) - small changes so far like windshield, sissy bar, saddlebags... but mostly stock.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 10/07/16 at 20:03:40

And you have Reason to believe that the parties are actually opposed to each other because Why?
Ohh, because they are always repealing the enemy's legislation..

Riiiight...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #21 - 10/11/16 at 07:37:45

jcstokes wrote on 10/06/16 at 14:47:13:
It's the same throughout most of the western world, if not the whole world.

No, sir, it isn't.

I earn €60K/year and for a gov't employee I am on the high end.

I pay 8% retirement benefits, 8% health benefits and 40% income taxes.

Plus 22% VAT on the goods I buy.

And I can't even deduct utility bills from my income.

Angry

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 10/11/16 at 08:25:09

So, 56% of earnings is gone, before you buy anything.
33,600 is gone
26,400 left

Around 20,000 actual disposable ,straight
Price of product..

That's about $22,200.00 which would be like having
About$1,800.00 to pay the bills and eat.

I don't have a single clue what the cost of living is, other taxes, fees, but I would feel broke as heck .
We paay property taxes, that take$1,800.00 away..
Talk about a screw job..

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 10:35:29

General CategoryThe Cafe › Can't relate

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.