Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Recommended Windshields/Windscreens (Read 63 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Recommended Windshields/Windscreens
10/04/16 at 20:51:51

I'm starting this thread so we can post pics of our windshields for others to reference. We often get questions in RSD about what windshields we have, what they look like, fitment, etc. Hopefully this thread will fill up with pics and options.

I'll go first:
2008 S40. Spitfire Slipstreamer (smoke color).  Works great, secure, no buffeting. Been riding it for 4+ years as of this post with no complaints.

Note that I have cut about 1.5" off of the top of mine (you can do this delicately with a jigsaw and a fine tooth blade) because the top edge was right in my sight line. The lowered edge allows me to see over the top in a more safe manner but still deflects wind up and over my head properly.
« Last Edit: 10/05/16 at 07:52:58 by stewmills »  

Dragon_072316_2r2.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Re: Recommended Windshields/Windscreens
Reply #1 - 10/05/16 at 17:51:05

I just want to keep most of the wind off of me when I ride and I find that the Nation Cycle Fly Screen is adequate. Most of the bugs and debris go up over my helmet when riding.

I did paint the back side of the screen to match the cream color on my fuel tank. National also has dark smoke colored fly screen.

Kenny G

Painted_Fly_Screen_1.JPG
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #2 - 10/05/16 at 18:07:28

Great idea, Stew.  Thanks for starting this one.  I just recently started considering a small screen for the colder months; hopefully one that can be installed and removed easily.  I'll be watching this thread.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #3 - 10/05/16 at 21:17:39

The stock S40 one does me, but I live in a temperate climate

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:29:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Recommended Windshields/Windscreens

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.