rotella (Read 273 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: rotella
Reply #15 - 10/02/16 at 19:36:58

I've got near 30,000 miles on mine using T-6 , and can still do Wheelies !  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #16 - 10/02/16 at 19:42:02

I ran t6 for 5 years and my clutch was fine..  I don't want to start an oil war or anything, I don't know.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 10/02/16 at 19:48:19

rl153 wrote on 10/02/16 at 19:42:02:
I ran t6 for 5 years and my clutch was fine..  I don't want to start an oil war or anything, I don't know.

We recently saw a guy talking about the 600 mile
Tune Up.
He has a Three Year Old Bike, and six hundred miles,  
So, your Five Years and no clutch problems are really meaningless.
How many MILES did that trouble free clutch take you?
300? Or 30,000?
I have never seen a report by anyone that a Rotella oil caused any problem.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #18 - 10/02/16 at 20:17:56

I've only put 4k mi on my bike in the past 5 years. you got me there.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 10/03/16 at 04:32:25

I put 12,000 on a Savage one year. That was year round riding, and I don't see another winter of that kinda determination.
Heck, I don't leave the place enough to go 1,000 miles a month any more, counting all forms of transportation.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #20 - 10/03/16 at 04:43:46

MMRanch wrote on 10/02/16 at 19:12:03:
I call BULL on T-6 and clutch slippage (stock motor).  

It was Oldfeller that believed he was having clutch trouble from T-6, and he switched over to Rotella T. His motor isn't stock, and he does ride pretty hard.  He thought the T-6 recently got an increase in the amount of Moly in the oil.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #21 - 10/03/16 at 05:50:20

Hate to spoil a budding oil war with real facts, but I started experiencing the mild start up slip, that "on cold start up" slip, which is the symptom most people get when clutch slipping begins.

Changed to Rot Dino and the cold start slippage issue stopped, which is in line with what others have posted about contamination issues and using Rot Dino to clean it up.    

Rot Dino has no moly oil in it,  Rot Syn has 60+ PPM of moly oil in it now (and the amount seems to go up each new Sl SN type SAE formulation change).

=======================

So, if you have no slippage truck on with T6 as it is the better formulation.     If you get some cold start up slippage, switch over to Rot Dino and see if it stops.    Do this before doing a clutch replacement exercise as it is in essence a free fix.

Abused clutches will likely show the issue before normal use clutches will show it.

Wink

MM is jest fishin' fer a fat old cat fish, floating him a chunk of blueberry bagel to see if he'll bite ......

« Last Edit: 10/03/16 at 07:56:36 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #22 - 10/03/16 at 06:58:57

How-a-bout-that !  Roll Eyes

I found my old-favorite fa lay knife last week and was just sharpening it this morning ...  Cool   Think I'll put it my bike trunk now before I loose it again . Wink

no oil wars going on here , me and T-6 are getting along just fine .  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #23 - 10/03/16 at 07:43:28

Oooooooo .....  no, no,  please no, please put me back in the bucket ....   get your fingers out of my eye sockets -- that HURTS

OUCH!!!!   AIEEEE !!!!   NOT MY FILLETS !!!

AAAAAAUGH      < fish moans and croaks as MM slices away at him>

Roll Eyes

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #24 - 10/03/16 at 07:47:46

Considering retiring this early spring, might well be up for a bike ride off to somewhere new next year.

Not interested in anything beyond two lane roads though, I think you see a lot more on the two lane jobbies and the interstate just sucks on a long bike ride.

..... as the interstate goes  ka-thump,   ka-thump,   ka-thump,   ka-thump,   ka-thump,   ka-thump   all the silly time,  endlessly no less

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #25 - 10/03/16 at 11:09:53

Congratulations Oldfeller. I wish you a very happy retirement. I am thinking another 7 years or so before I retire, but who knows. Best wishes to you my friend.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #26 - 10/03/16 at 13:26:05

I'm not so sure about a "happy retirement" as it only takes me about 2 days at home to start looking something to do.   But my health says TAKE IT NOW OR JEST KEEP ON AND DIE WITH IT SITTING OUT THERE IN THE FUTURE FOR YOU.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #27 - 10/03/16 at 15:17:48

OF...I say take it and enjoy as much as you can if that's the case. You'll get more money if you wait but what good will it be if you're not around to use it?

If you do get to go on a nice trip, take your time see the sights and enjoy every minute of it.  If you happen to come through Spartanburg and I can get away, I'd love to buy you a cup of coffee or something. Sorry I've got no spare bed or camping space that I can offer.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #28 - 10/03/16 at 16:55:18

Congratulations OldFeller !!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley   YeeeeHaaa   , retirement is great ... if ya get stir--crazy you can always start a lawn-mowing business or something .   A cash business is part of retirement ya know !   Wink

I do try to keep my knife sharp so the fish cleaning goes easy and quick   on me and the fish !   Grin

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #29 - 10/04/16 at 11:50:07

I am going to paint a house (mine) and if I like doing it, that might be my niche.  

Roll Eyes

so far I never have liked painting, so I don't think that is going to change much .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 10:29:46

General CategoryThe Cafe › rotella

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.