Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Banana seat mod & other stuff (Read 180 times)
Reeves
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Czech  Republic
Banana seat mod & other stuff
10/01/16 at 13:14:20

Currently thinking out the best way how to install this kind of seat. Any ideas, suggestions?
I see guy name Miller126 made a nice bonnie seat conversion. Can you please share some details? Cant PM you because i dont have 10 posts yet...Thanks a lot.

This one is very close too https://www.biltwellinc.com/p235/buy/parts-amp-accessories/seats/hb-04-06-amp... and few people did sportster stock seat work....What do you think?

IP Logged
Scramps
YaBB Newbies

Little Red Boulevard

Virginia
Re: Banana seat mod & other stuff
Reply #1 - 10/01/16 at 16:35:26

I was considering a banana seat modification myself,  I was figuring one approach that could be functional and relatively aesthetically pleasing would be to fab up a wedge to fill this gap and support the flat seat.

This could also be used to create a storage compartment, or at least a decent location to hide your wiring.

The downside (or upside, depending on preference) would be the elevated riding position. Would take some getting used to

IMG_0611.png
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #2 - 10/02/16 at 07:13:12

I would like a little additional seat height.  It would put my butt farther from the foot pegs and uncramp things a little.  

It would, however, tremendously change the balance.  It'd be more like a UJM or sport with more weight up top.

How long is a line from the 17" line to the intersection of the 10" & 13" lines? Or, how high is the triangle?

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Scramps
YaBB Newbies

Little Red Boulevard

Virginia
Reply #3 - 10/02/16 at 10:46:13

It's around 5.5" I believe.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #4 - 10/02/16 at 12:25:14

You could bob the seat horns to remove the gap ,use a sportster seat,space the top two bolts on the rear fender tipping it down until it matches the passenger section. but you will need to change to longer shocks to regain  tire clearance,this isn't all bad as it keeps the seat height to near stock(if your inseam is short0) allows you to move farther back on the seat if your inseam is longer (me 34") and decreases steering neck angle(faster handling) . I used 13" shocks and no longer have footpegs dragging.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Reeves
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Czech  Republic
Reply #5 - 10/05/16 at 06:43:19

Unfortunatelly im very limited with mods by law in my country. Virtually any mod is considered as illegal if you dint have listed it in papers (which cost maybe as much as my motorcycle alone with uncertain result. Aka it s impossible for normal human...).In reality some kind of small or inivisible(performanceSmiley) modding is tolerated if you have luck. So any cutting or welding frame changing wheel size etc.. is out of question for meSad
To suspension....i currently runnig hagon shocks for savage. Its a bit longer and stiffer than stock which is fine. Works well and looks killer. And...have TUV report.
Otherwise i found this on Advrider forum

The seat is from CB350. But think this guy just strapped it with zip ties or something like that. Maybe i ll go this way if ll be able to find some CB seat for cheap. Just with better mounts...

IP Logged
Violent_Rage

Burp!

Trento - Italy
Reply #6 - 10/05/16 at 07:49:22

Reeves wrote on 10/05/16 at 06:43:19:
Unfortunatelly im very limited with mods by law in my country. Virtually any mod is considered as illegal if you dint have listed it in papers (which cost maybe as much as my motorcycle alone with uncertain result. Aka it s impossible for normal human...).In reality some kind of small or inivisible(performanceSmiley) modding is tolerated if you have luck. So any cutting or welding frame changing wheel size etc.. is out of question for meSad

It's the same in Italy.  Sad

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 10/05/16 at 08:18:47

Reeves wrote on 10/05/16 at 06:43:19:
...Otherwise i found this on Advrider forum
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/GunRunnersVRC/485927_2913496573298_52...
The seat is from CB350. But think this guy just strapped it with zip ties or something like that. Maybe i ll go this way if ll be able to find some CB seat for cheap. Just with better mounts...

I'm sorry but that bike is just WRONG!  Smiley  

Too bad you guys aren't allowed to do it right over there.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 10/05/16 at 08:25:34

Scramps has the right idea.

I would consider looking into something like this: http://www.omegaracer.com/parts_store/prod_2177984-Yamaha-SR-Seat-Tracker-Bla...

I ordered one and also have a similar seat that I got on eBay.  I plan to make a bolt on seat hoop to hold it without cutting the frame.  

IP Logged
Reeves
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Czech  Republic
Reply #9 - 10/05/16 at 14:23:26

I'm sorry but that bike is just WRONG!  Smiley  

Too bad you guys aren't allowed to do it right over there.

Yep i agree. Just send it as CB seat look reference. I think it can work with little upholstery trimming. As i know the seat has metal pan so it ll be easy to weld on some mounting or support bracket or just modify a whole pan for better fitting.

Will you do it with or without stock fender? Please post pictures. Im very interested about details. Thanks

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 10/05/16 at 17:43:50

Look here: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1472222031

On the 2nd/3rd page I have pictures of what I'm thinking.  I could make the seat work with the stock tank an/or fender.  The seat I linked above is a little longer and would probably work better with the stock fender.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 06:25:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Banana seat mod & other stuff

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.