Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
2016 Presidential Debate Thread (Read 279 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: 2016 Presidential Debate Thread
Reply #30 - 09/27/16 at 10:16:40

Look kids, trump proved all he is good at is impersonating don rickles.
Hillary proved she can still play the game.
I won't vote for her, but I don't think for a second she"ll lie on the sword of the democrat party, either.
She cares about herself more than any so called ideology.

If no leaks or fainting come her way, she should win.
Then it will get real interesting as she divides the spoils amongst herself  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #31 - 09/27/16 at 11:21:18

LostArtist wrote on 09/26/16 at 19:25:14:
WebsterMark wrote on 09/26/16 at 19:18:58:
I disagree, I think some of his ideas are more likely to be enacted. especially border control, immigration.

really??  cause, those are two of his more far fetched ideas, there will be no wall. the budget will not be reworked to allow ICE to do a better job.

the money isn't there and with his tax cuts, it won't be there, but I guess since Trump is king of debt, we could go that way with it

Myopic mentality.
Corporations are TAXED 35% in America.
They LEFT because of the cost of doing business HERE, Nafta made other things attractive.
Unless people are willing to
Look at what the business environment WAS
LOOK at what Changed
Understand WHY jobs left
Then the BILLIONAIRE BUSINESSMAN will look foolish to you,
While the BILLIONAIRE crooked politician will keep looking good.

Why does America seem determined to continue in a direction that has been painful?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 09/27/16 at 13:03:56

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/27/16 at 11:21:18:
LostArtist wrote on 09/26/16 at 19:25:14:
WebsterMark wrote on 09/26/16 at 19:18:58:
I disagree, I think some of his ideas are more likely to be enacted. especially border control, immigration.

really??  cause, those are two of his more far fetched ideas, there will be no wall. the budget will not be reworked to allow ICE to do a better job.

the money isn't there and with his tax cuts, it won't be there, but I guess since Trump is king of debt, we could go that way with it

Myopic mentality.
Corporations are TAXED 35% in America.
They LEFT because of the cost of doing business HERE, Nafta made other things attractive.
Unless people are willing to
Look at what the business environment WAS
LOOK at what Changed
Understand WHY jobs left
Then the BILLIONAIRE BUSINESSMAN will look foolish to you,
While the BILLIONAIRE crooked politician will keep looking good.

Why does America seem determined to continue in a direction that has been painful?

thanks for insulting me up front, means I can dismiss the rest of what you for what it is, DIVERSION.

you didn't address that it's going to take MONEY to build a wall, to reinforce ICE, and Trump's economic plan is projected TO COST us JOBS therefore taxes. so therefore WE GO INTO DEBT

but you want to talk about identifying with Billionaires...

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #33 - 09/27/16 at 16:16:36

LostArtist wrote on 09/27/16 at 13:03:56:
Trump's economic plan is projected TO COST us JOBS therefore taxes. so therefore WE GO INTO DEBT

Please provide some links and or more data.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #34 - 09/27/16 at 18:15:13

Cutting corporate taxes decreases operating costs.
That's gonna COST jobs?
Even democrats aren't that stupid.
You 're an independent!

Independent of logic and rationale and basic sanity..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 09/28/16 at 08:01:05

pg wrote on 09/27/16 at 16:16:36:
LostArtist wrote on 09/27/16 at 13:03:56:
Trump's economic plan is projected TO COST us JOBS therefore taxes. so therefore WE GO INTO DEBT

Please provide some links and or more data.

Best regards,

Tax Policy Center:
http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publications/analysis-donald-trumps-tax-plan/full

Presidential candidate Donald Trump has proposed tax reforms that would significantly reduce marginal tax rates for both individuals and businesses,increase standard deduction amounts to nearly four times current levels, limit or repeal some tax expenditures,repeal the individual and corporate alternative minimum taxes and the estate and gift taxes,and tax the profits of foreign subsidiaries of US companies in the year they are earned. The Tax Policy Center estimates the proposal would reduce federal revenue by $9.5trillion over its first decade and an additional $15.0trillion over the subsequent 10 years,before accounting for added interest costs or considering macroeconomic feedback effects.1Most of the revenue loss would come from individual income tax cuts, but about a third would be from the reduction in the corporate income tax rate and the introduction of special rates on pass-through businesses.

Economy.com
https://www.economy.com/mark-zandi/documents/2016-06-17-Trumps-Economic-Polic...

Conclusions
Presidential candidates often put forward proposals that are as much political statements as firm policy positions. No one expects that their proposals will get through the legislative process and into law fully
intact. But while the policy proposals put forward by candidates are generally well overstated, they are a statement on their philosophy and priorities.

Mr. Trump’s economic policy proposals should be considered through this lens. He has suggested that he might be willing to bend his position on taxes and perhaps tariffs. He has even intimated that his policy
statements are simply a negotiating stance— he is asking for a lot more up front than he ultimately expects to get.

Having said this, what he is asking for is fiscally unsound. His tax and spending proposals will result in very large deficits and a much higher debt load. A future Congress may be able to rein in this profligacy, but it will not be easy, as there is a gulf between what he says he wants on taxes and spending and what it will take to make the budget arithmetic work.

He is also very suspicious of globalization. His willingness to threaten higher tariffs on U.S. trading partners and his sharp criticism of major trade deals signal a reversal on the long-running expansion of U.S. trade and foreign investment. Requiring millions of undocumented immigrants to leave the country also signals less openness to the rest of the world.

The upshot of Mr. Trump’s economic policy positions under almost any scenario is that the U.S. economy will be more isolated and diminished.

the reality is, Trump's plan is only successful IF company's and rich people actually create jobs. however, I'm highly skeptical that they will, I bet they won't, at least not nearly enough. We have left this "job creation to make money" economy way behind. now you can create much more wealth and money via simple investing rather than hard work and job creation. Not only do you get more wealth with much less risk, you get tax breaks for investing rather than actually creating a company and going through all that hassle to create something that might create demand enough for you to hire people.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 09/28/16 at 08:05:28

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/27/16 at 18:15:13:
That's gonna COST jobs?
You 're an independent!

you seem to think a company that cutting costs will spread the wealth by increasing wages or hiring more people or something... no, they don't actually do that. the ONLY way jobs increase is if DEMAND for that product increases, cutting costs DOES NOT create jobs. it might, at best save a few jobs until the inevitable happens.

cutting costs does NOTHING to spur growth or hiring

you're buying some right wing trickle down BS, keep that trickle stuff to yourself

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #37 - 09/28/16 at 08:38:53

LostArtist wrote on 09/28/16 at 08:05:28:
That's gonna COST jobs?
You 're an independent!

you seem to think a company that cutting costs will spread the wealth by increasing wages or hiring more people or something... no, they don't actually do that. the ONLY way jobs increase is if DEMAND for that product increases, cutting costs DOES NOT create jobs. it might, at best save a few jobs until the inevitable happens.

you're buying some right wing trickle down BS, keep that trickle stuff to yourself

Ok, so he knows what demand is... but not how to create it.
If it's a commodity, you create demand by dropping price.
You can do that by dropping overhead... TAXES.
But of course you're ok with increasing overhead by mandating $15/hr.

If it's not a commodity, then you need to increase more esoteric qualities such as quality, appearance, etc.
You can do that by training your employees or just hiring more skilled labor.  Both increase costs.

Or you invest in new tech that automates the process and give everyone the boot.

Or you could invest in a politician and work a deal thru NAFTA or TPP and get some 3rd world labor.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #38 - 09/28/16 at 08:59:31

Manufacturing that WAS here has moved. They moved due to high taxes and regulations and the cost of maintaining recotds Proving Compliance.
Reduce COST of doing business, making locating in America economically attractive, allow them to bring the trillions they have stashed overseas back, and WE will have jobs again.
Every customer buying a product is paying the corporate taxes.
The cost of doing business is included in the price of the product, else they go broke.

There, polite, straightforward, rational.
Now, rather than just declare how mean hearted businesses are, THINK, what do businesses Exist for?
They are looking for a Need that they can provide the solution to and make a profit doing it. That's not Evil. The kid with a mower cutting grass on the weekend is doing Just that.
The hedge funds and money making money types produce
No Tangible products. I see them as parasites. Generally, gotta have stock brokers , etc, but multimillion dollar earnings going to people who are hurting the economy kinda pisses me off.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #39 - 09/28/16 at 09:41:48

When taxes and regulations cause the cost of my product to either go up or I lose money, then the cost goes up. If the taxes and regulations force me to raise the price above the Value to the poorest of my consumers, I lose sales, in order to maintain the necessary profit margin, I raise the price, alienating more consumers. Businesses Try to absorb as much of the increases as possible, in order to stay in business, just operating on a slimmer profit margin.
We have an environment that is not business friendly.
So, by extension, we have an environment that is not employee friendly.

Those who accuse me of Supply side, trickle down economics have less time studying and understanding. I know that's true, because they won't look at anything that I've suggested.
I'm not saying
Fill the warehouse, customers will come.
I'm saying
Stop robbing the employers so we can manufacture HERE, instead of import so much.
Before we had these great trade deals America was doing better. Still not being done Right, but less crappy than now.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 09/28/16 at 09:52:12

verslagen1 wrote on 09/28/16 at 08:38:53:
LostArtist wrote on 09/28/16 at 08:05:28:
That's gonna COST jobs?
You 're an independent!

Ok, so he knows what demand is... but not how to create it.
If it's a commodity, you create demand by dropping price.
You can do that by dropping overhead... TAXES.
But of course you're ok with increasing overhead by mandating $15/hr.

If it's not a commodity, then you need to increase more esoteric qualities such as quality, appearance, etc.
You can do that by training your employees or just hiring more skilled labor.  Both increase costs.

Or you invest in new tech that automates the process and give everyone the boot.

Or you could invest in a politician and work a deal thru NAFTA or TPP and get some 3rd world labor.

why wouldn't you take the tax savings and invest in new tech to automate the whole thing and give everyone the boot??  guess what, still out of JOBS'

oh and NAFTA had MAJORITY REPUBLICAN/conservative support, and was signed into law by G. H. W. Bush, not Clinton

oh, and you can drop price anytime, with or without reduced costs, Telsa hasn't sold one vehicle at above cost YET. Amazon didn't make a profit for the first 10 years of it's existence, etc...

smart businesses play the LONG game, but almost ALL businesses here only play the short game, quarterly earning reports to make Wall-Street and stock owners happy

and to be clear, I'm not 100% sold on a minimum wage, $15 or otherwise, different regions have different cost of living, I am convinced that wages should be tied to the economy in more substantial ways, maybe via profit sharing or a tie to inflation or something rather and simple company/market whimsy.

there's a LOT of variables, also, I don't think I said I was against cutting taxes for corporations, I just highly doubt the positive outcome that all the conservatives seem to think are a given, trickle down, DOES NOT WORK.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #41 - 09/28/16 at 10:03:24

I know all about the role Bush played. Again, please, I'm BEGGING YOU , PLEASE, stop pretending that I wouldn't put bush in same cell as the Clinton clan and Obama.

The agreement's supporters included 132 Republicans and 102 Democrats. The bill passed the Senate on November 20, 1993, 61-38.[6] Senate supporters were 34 Republicans and 27 Democrats. Clinton signed it into law on December 8, 1993; the agreement went into effect on January 1, 1994.[7][8] Clinton, while signing the NAFTA bill, stated that "NAFTA means jobs. American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't support this agreement."[9]

Clinton SIGNED IT INTO LAW, as a supporter.

Would this be a good time to repeat
Both sides are working for someone other than WE the People?

When the manufacturers who left went to where savings were, they used people where it was more PROFITABLE. And where robotics made sense, they used that new technology. A car welded and painted robotically makes sense, if the technology is affordable.

I can only explain so much typing. I really don't think you have any desire to understand.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #42 - 09/28/16 at 10:10:32

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/28/16 at 08:59:31:
Manufacturing that WAS here has moved. They moved due to high taxes and regulations and the cost of maintaining recotds Proving Compliance.
Reduce COST of doing business, making locating in America economically attractive, allow them to bring the trillions they have stashed overseas back, and WE will have jobs again.
Every customer buying a product is paying the corporate taxes.
The cost of doing business is included in the price of the product, else they go broke.

There, polite, straightforward, rational.
Now, rather than just declare how mean hearted businesses are, THINK, what do businesses Exist for?
They are looking for a Need that they can provide the solution to and make a profit doing it. That's not Evil. The kid with a mower cutting grass on the weekend is doing Just that.
The hedge funds and money making money types produce
No Tangible products. I see them as parasites. Generally, gotta have stock brokers , etc, but multimillion dollar earnings going to people who are hurting the economy kinda pisses me off.

fine, but Trump isn't proposing that, he's proposing TARIFFS. He does have a plan to bring back trillions stashed overseas, but how effective that'll actually be is questionable. Why bring it back at all???  they don't need it here, or it'd be here regardless of cost.

I don't think of companies as evil, but they are amoral, that is without morals. and that's really just how it is, how it always has been. so when we make rules to BENEFIT amoral behavior, you know, it doesn't sit the best.

and I highly doubt that manufacturing is going to move back, regardless of tax rates, they've already invested in PLANTS with buildings, equipment, management infrastructure, infrastructure, bribes, etc.... they need to get that investment BACK before they're going to move AGAIN.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #43 - 09/28/16 at 10:17:09

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/28/16 at 10:03:24:
I know all about the role Bush played. Again, please, I'm BEGGING YOU , PLEASE, stop pretending that I wouldn't put bush in same cell as the Clinton clan and Obama.

The agreement's supporters included 132 Republicans and 102 Democrats. The bill passed the Senate on November 20, 1993, 61-38.[6] Senate supporters were 34 Republicans and 27 Democrats. Clinton signed it into law on December 8, 1993; the agreement went into effect on January 1, 1994.[7][8] Clinton, while signing the NAFTA bill, stated that "NAFTA means jobs. American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't support this agreement."[9]

Clinton SIGNED IT INTO LAW, as a supporter.

Would this be a good time to repeat
Both sides are working for someone other than WE the People?

When the manufacturers who left went to where savings were, they used people where it was more PROFITABLE. And where robotics made sense, they used that new technology. A car welded and painted robotically makes sense, if the technology is affordable.

I can only explain so much typing. I really don't think you have any desire to understand.

oh, as a supporter...  I see, I didn't say he didn't support it

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1992-12-18/news/1992353055_1_treaty-renegoti...

Bush signs North American trade pact Clinton says he won't renegotiate

December 18, 1992|By Gilbert A. Lewthwaite | Gilbert A. Lewthwaite,Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON -- President Bush signed the North American Free Trade Agreement yesterday, and his successor-in-waiting Bill Clinton immediately announced that he would not seek the treaty's renegotiation.

I'm totally fine with them BOTH being culpable

but no one deserves to be in a Cell. via our REPRESENTATIVE government we are all to blame, corruption in Washington IS NOT NEW, yet we all keep voting for it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #44 - 09/28/16 at 11:10:40

Hiring an accountant who embezzles money doesn't make the employer at fault. The accountant Presented himself as trustworthy and lied. Only the criminal is at fault for his criminal behavior.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 02:14:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › 2016 Presidential Debate Thread

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.