Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Life span of AGM battery (Read 173 times)
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Re: Life span of AGM battery
Reply #15 - 09/25/16 at 01:44:50

My lithium one is 3 yo and still kicking on.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Life span of AGM battery
Reply #16 - 09/26/16 at 06:37:43

Ok...so I finally got around to testing the battery. IIRC, the CCA on the 220 rated battery tested at about 245, so that's good. The "charge" at the store was about 12.25 v.  These measurements were after the bike was last ridden a few days ago Friday with no trickle charging.

I trickle charged it last night for about 20 minutes (charger said full) and it measured at about 12.75 v but after about an hour and as well this morning it is still holding steady at about 12.40 v.

So...this seems to tell me that the 3 year old AGM battery is still alive an kicking and that whatever happened Friday morning must have just been the bike having another hiccup that resolved itself.  I had to get a battery for my wife's car so I bundled a new 210 CCA powersports AGM battery (they didn't have the 220 CCA rated battery in stock) to get a bulk discount, but now after this experiment I can't find any reason to keep the new motorcycle battery?

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 08:39:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Life span of AGM battery

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.