Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Trumping on the Constitution... (Read 132 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Trumping on the Constitution...
Reply #30 - 09/27/16 at 04:57:50

Serowbot wrote on 09/26/16 at 22:13:05:
Trump doubled down on his "stop an frisk" policy again tonight during the debate...
Constitution?....

I have just a handful of really close. trusted friends...
One is Hispanic... I've known him for decades... worked with him for ten years...  He's college educated, honest, kind, and I would trust him with my life. He has worked the same job for 30 years, and lived in the same house...
Several times a month, he gets pulled over by Sheriff's or border patrol...
They check driver's license, insurance, registration, search his car, ask where he's coming from, where he's going... and generally waste 30 minutes of his time...
They know he has never committed a crime, or even had a speeding ticket... always has his insurance and registration up to date...
This has been going on for 30 years...  they know him, know his car, know where he works, where he lives, know he has a wife and 4 kids...
..and one of those kids may be sick,.. or his wife may be angry, or he may have had his arse chewed by his boss, or he may just have a headache...
... and here come the flashing lights... the 30 wasted minutes... the harassment...
2 of his kids are adopted... his brother's... one isn't even blood related, but he won't allow them to be parted...  perhaps the most upstanding man I know...

This will be "Stop and frisk"...
It's already happening now... and they know better...
Racial profiling amplified...

I appreciate you particularly, JOG... for acknowledging the injustice of this...
The Constitution isn't there for the majority... it's there for the individual...
Equal protections... no singling out people by race, sex, politics, or religion.
I hate what they do to him, and his family... but all I can do is vote...

I'm calling BS and throwing the flag. Several times a month for 30 years for 30 minutes at a time? Nope. I think there's some serious stretching the truth here.....

Not that he doesn't get pulled over for what he looks like. I used to travel with a guy shortly after 9/11 who looked like a Muslim terrorist and it got to be a joke how often he got pulled out of line. He was born and grew up in Missouri!

However, he had the correct attitude and I suggest your friend adopt the same. He's being pulled over because of Muslim terrorist, it's their fault, not the cops. Yea, bad luck he looks like he does, but if this guy's as legit as you say, his safety is probably improved by those cops actions.

Complicated issue and I'm on my Ipad eating breakfast, too hard to type. More later.

But.....I'm throwing the flag. 15 yards for  exaggerations.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Trumping on the Constitution...
Reply #31 - 09/27/16 at 07:52:43

This has been going on for 30 years...  they know him, know his car, know where he works, where he lives, know he has a wife and 4 kids.

There's just Gotta be something personal there. Trump is wrong, yeah, but trump is not involved here. Why would ANYONE just harass a guy like that?
He needs to be live streaming it, and he needs to sit down and try to document all of it.
And he needs to stop opening the car, and letting them screw with him.
That's screwed up.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/11/24 at 22:24:46

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Trumping on the Constitution...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.