Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Why is the church not helping? (Read 50 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Why is the church not helping?
09/20/16 at 15:11:37

I am not sure, but why isn't the Christian's helping these Muslim immigrants?
Why can't local churches provide some help and shelter until they can get into the system, or maybe return back to their homeland if that can ever happen?

We are told in the bible about a Good Samaritan, yes  Wink

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Why is the church not helping?
Reply #1 - 09/20/16 at 15:40:23

Why don't the wealthy muslim countries offer some assistance..... Roll Eyes

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 09/20/16 at 15:50:53

Saudi Arabia has taken Zero, last I heard.
Too bad someone went stirring up the middle east.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 09/20/16 at 16:25:52

Blaming others for not stepping up serves us how, a tit for tat?

It would be nice to get some honest, constructive, ideas, at how we could address this issue.
To ban, suspect, or put undo hardship, on folks because of where they were born, culture, faith, etc, is like the left calling all/half, Trump supporters deplorable, or all white guys with guns, homophobic, sexist, racist, nazis......

Because of some skinheads that are all those things!

Rise above the insanity folks......

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 09/20/16 at 17:20:43

raydawg wrote on 09/20/16 at 16:25:52:
To ban, suspect, or put undo hardship, on folks because of where they were born, culture, faith, etc, is like the left calling all/half, Trump supporters deplorable, or all white guys with guns, homophobic, sexist, racist, nazis......

There is a big fundamental difference, they are not citizens of this country.  We have record numbers of Americans living in poverty, a crumbling infrastructure, and it is a certainty that we are going to experience more economic catastrophic problems.  Unfunded pension liabilities, the Dallas PD fund is going belly up, Chicago's pension fund is going belly up, our Social Security fund is growing insolvent.  So let's push through more trade deals that are going to decimate what's left of the upper portion of the lower class (yes, no more middle class), and import more problems.  

No, the answers are not pleasant, feel free to donate your time or money.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 09/20/16 at 18:02:24

pg wrote on 09/20/16 at 17:20:43:
raydawg wrote on 09/20/16 at 16:25:52:

There is a big fundamental difference, they are not citizens of this country.  We have record numbers of Americans living in poverty, a crumbling infrastructure, and it is a certainty that we are going to experience more economic catastrophic problems.  Unfunded pension liabilities, the Dallas PD fund is going belly up, Chicago's pension fund is going belly up, our Social Security fund is growing insolvent.  So let's push through more trade deals that are going to decimate what's left of the upper portion of the lower class (yes, no more middle class), and import more problems.  

No, the answers are not pleasant, feel free to donate your time or money.

Best regards,

C'mon......

I know its not a one size fits all. But goodness, lets look at the bigger picture, even in poverty, or what we call the poverty level, is pretty darn good standards compared to a lot of places in this world.
You know its not so much the money as it seems an attitude, of I got mine, screw everyone else.

I believe by giving, we will repair so much of the ills of this world.
Call me naive.....  Wink

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 09/20/16 at 19:12:13

The bigger picture is reality.

Would you suggest importing people who believe that the KKK is the right way?
Why import people who are angry at America and are not ideologically empathetic and accepting of homosexuality and who are willing to kill their own sister if she is raped?
Try being realistic.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 09/21/16 at 03:58:48

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/20/16 at 19:12:13:
The bigger picture is reality.

Would you suggest importing people who believe that the KKK is the right way?
Why import people who are angry at America and are not ideologically empathetic and accepting of homosexuality and who are willing to kill their own sister if she is raped?
Try being realistic.

Separate the baby from the bath water bro....

If you find hate being executed on the liberties of anyone within our borders, regardless of reasoning why, then OUR laws TRUMP ( not don's ).
If that becomes REALITY, of the MUSLIM faith,in our nation,  then we are directed to stand up for the persecuted, FIRST.

Freedom of expression is NOT an umbrella to hide under, to breach, encroach,  and impede the freedoms of others.....

Do not write the stories ending based on suppositions, even tho it seems reality, or possible.
For then everyone is an author, as in too many cooks in the kitchen, ruin the porridge.  Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 09/21/16 at 06:32:01

While what you propose may SOUND all biblical,, go find one place where a society went to and embraced a society that had been uprooted from their homes and took them in, WHILE THAT society was ideologically extremely disparate from the biblical group. It's STUPID. it's Unwise. Have you looked at Europe? You have to go Hunt for it. The news won't show it, because they Know that if the American people could see what is happening, they would want no part of it. The multiculturalism mantra has destroyed the reasoning of the masses. Some cultures don't mix.
This is a Very bad idea. I don't need your cute sayings.
Babies and bathwater, give me a break.
I hope they jam about 20,000 in your neighborhood. You'll be thinking reasonably then.
The reasonable, intelligent, informed people of America, yes, people like me, will be very unhappy with the people who supported such a ridiculous idea.
We, America, really don't NEED another ethnic group, another special segment of society with different needs.
It's just another division. It's going to be costly and create more headaches for law enforcement.

I don't see you being reasonable about it. I Think you have some religious SHOULD going on. I suspect you're believing that we are biblically, religiously, obligated to bring them in.

Well, again, I say you're embracing an enemy who will stab you in the back. I don't say ALL, but a large enough percentage to be devastating.

SHOULD, ahh, what a dangerous word. Once people are convinced that they Should do or be a certain thing, logic and reason cease.

And we SHOULD help them, right?

Well, it would be a lot smarter to resettle them somewhere else. The world is a big place. Hey, I have an idea!
Let's bring the women and children in and send the men back to fix their country. Then we can ship their families home.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 09/21/16 at 08:15:08

Israel is still on that trek......
Has been, will be, until it's finally settled.
But it won't be by you are me.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #10 - 09/21/16 at 10:55:58

raydawg wrote on 09/20/16 at 15:11:37:
I am not sure, but why isn't the Christian's helping these Muslim immigrants?
Why can't local churches provide some help and shelter until they can get into the system, or maybe return back to their homeland if that can ever happen?

Perhaps they all have learned,
from the consolation of churches, in St  Paul MN, some 15 years ago,
Where they brought Several Thousand, Somalians here,
AND then ALL of MN,  Paid for their, School, Health, etc.

(Where a Niece, had to pay the UofM, 40,000.00 a year for collage,
where her Parents, and Grand Parents, and Great Grand Parents, on Both sides,  Paid   TAXES, so the Somalians could go their for  FREE !!!)

And Now Minn has  the HIGHEST   Rate, of people joining isis.
And can you, 'guess', which 'group', they come from ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 09/21/16 at 12:26:16

That's what Reality is.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 04:17:34

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Why is the church not helping?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.