Rocks!

pacific northwest
No middle ground.....
09/17/16 at 09:01:18

I will click on FOX.
I will click on CNN.
Two different worlds.

How can NEWS differ so much?

Events, are events, they are historical in nature now, even tho reaction to them, might still be active.
News should be a reporting of substantiated fact(s), should it not?
When it is reported as news, based on secrecy, or unnamed sources, or an extension of a person summation, of that event, hasn't it lost the acquirement of being substantiated?

Walking back a story, editing, spinning under a different analogy of referencing, deflecting, should never be a part of reporting, should it not?

Press secretaries, and spin doctors, have one job, just like a used car salesman.....
Truth will always sell itself, as creme always rises to the top, and oil and water will always separate, no matter how much you shake it.

Journalism has become NEWS, but they are not the same, in the sense if you have to teach integrity, as a prerequisite to reporting factually, then you have already admitted a weakness, and possible conflict, that has the capacity to sell folks a lemon, willingly, for own personal enrichment.

We require doctors to prove their ability to meet  a certain proficiency level, as we do all sorts of trades, even a plumber, yet, think about the power of misinformation has, or an outright lie.
It is ripe in our society, accepted as good practice, in many markets of capitalism, and has become an art of deception, in campaigning.

I don't want to dredge up Iraq ( again ) .......PLEASE!
But misinformation, to outright lies, forced others with vested powers, a real opportunity to discern the "facts and truths"  before we entered back, into that arena, again.

Folks, we are talking real facts now, when you lost a brother, or sister, in that war, not to mention collateral damage in the war zone, which I'll call collectively, blood on all the hands of all America citizens, that drives hate, like that of ISIS.....
And we will continue to see the consequences of what lies, and misinformation, fosters.  

Gang, why do we allow ourselves to be lied too?

I know it starts simple, like when my wife ask if this dress makes her butt look bigger  Wink
I am so justified in tell her no, for all the right reasons, but am I, really?
Stealing a pencil from work, or a million from a charity, is the same breach of trust, yes?

I understand the punishment allows us the luxury of trying to "match the hatch" as it should, but the crime on society, is the same, yes?

I am so against censorship, I think this is where the PC label has been extended to allow censorship, and we are seeing a great push back, presently, because of this.

It has stymied talk, which could lead to understanding, and solutions. Instead, it is leading to further separate, with an all, or nothing, mentality, being pushed by the likes of FOX and CNN, Republican, Democrat, etc....

Look at the debates, a well established party is being denied representation, because the two parties, simple can not stand the scrutiny, of a third party view/challenge.
If you can not see the truth in that, then I say truthfully, you will reap what you sow!

That is organized censorship, and its the truth.....

Why provide another gate for the sheep to possibly exit the corral!

Your thoughts appreciated      

EDIT: BTW, my wife has a GREAT butt  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Re: No middle ground.....
Reply #1 - 09/17/16 at 09:30:38

In this era event coverage is highly biased. One media has the event as it's #1 story while others bury it or ignore it completely.  Head lines give a positive or negative perspective as well as the manner in which the story is written / presented.    In our present era there is no such thing as "un-biased" journalism.  The entire media is controlled by corporate profit seeking. And to gain the maximum profit from the targeted demographic.  
Personally,  the only TV I watch anymore is the weather, old movies, and formula one races.  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 09/17/16 at 09:45:56

Click on CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, BBC, Al Jazeera, Sky news, NPR, PBS, ...any frikkin' news but FOX, and the facts agree...

There's the news,... then there's FOX... Roll Eyes

Believe what you want... the world, or FOX... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 09/17/16 at 09:47:42

Thank you for replying  Smiley

I have not had cable for over 15 years.....
I don't know which star is dancing with whom  Grin

It is a chore, to gather and "TRY" to discern "events" online, as it is heavily edited, and ripe for deception.

I like Real Clear Politics for they list opposing articles adjacent to each other, but in one sense, that just takes me back to ground zero, and I have to try and come to an understanding based on my own prejudices, ARG!

I am not for censorship, but I would love to see unaccountably, with possible consequences, but I also see how that would /could be used in our current all or nothing mentality, like the IRS, etc...
In reporting.

Am I not correct that the FCC, or some other entity of our government, extends jurisdiction over granting of licences of airwaves?
That you must meet some sort of criteria to be granted a licences?

Of course this "service" ( broadcasting ) has become a proverbial goldmine to wealth, and intellectual honesty compromised in order to achieve the greatest return on investment?

Has it always seemed this way?      

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 09/17/16 at 09:52:43

Serowbot wrote on 09/17/16 at 09:45:56:
Click on CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, BBC, Al Jazeera, Sky news, NPR, PBS, ...any frikkin' news but FOX, and the facts agree...

Way over your head.....

But its your world, live in it if you are happy, or not.
Move to a different country, run away, instead of engaging others who hold a different view than you.
Burn baby burn....
Join ISIS.
Act out.
Punish.
How dare anyone view things in opposition to my truth.
A Bot Crusade of the infidel.....

Soon, will be too late, and I bet clueless, you die, wondering......

But hey, thanks for the reply  Grin

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #5 - 09/17/16 at 10:47:36

'bot: I refer you to my reply which preceded yours . ALL media is biased, and in which direction the bias is directed is dependent upon is where they think the most profit lies..... To be blunt, it isn't a "news" media, it's an ENTERTAINMENT media. PERIOD !!! end of statement.

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 09/17/16 at 11:02:26

old.indian wrote on 09/17/16 at 10:47:36:

'bot: I refer you to my reply which preceded yours . ALL media is biased, and in which direction the bias is directed is dependent upon is where they think the most profit lies..... To be blunt, it isn't a "news" media, it's an ENTERTAINMENT media. PERIOD !!! end of statement.

You mean ALL QUEERS AIN'T GOING TO HELL.....???

But the Pastor of a great BIG fricken church with many, many, MANY members in its congregation said so....

Therefor, it must be true, and less we forget, our dollar says we trust in God  Grin

Lots of sheep in the corral I am afraid, none having the instinct to even investigate the possibility of an open gate, and a whole new world exists....
It is almost like a battered wife syndrome.

Its sad, indeed, but reality, and none escape the reality of what the real truth is, even if it escapes us.

See how Bot, by my mere mentioning of FOX, assigns others his reality of news.

Only he can answer that question, as why he perceives things, and why.
If his belief only results in conflict, its on him.

Edit: I would say you is being really generous in calling it entertainment, Mary Poppins was entertainment.

I would say its a means to power and wealth, and a addiction to many, that they capitalize upon..

That after a few free hits, they hook, and milk life away from you.

They know the free press is very expensive, for many, but, its only collateral damage under the guise folks are free will and have the capacity to "just say no"
And the real bugger about that, is it's true  Huh

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 09/17/16 at 13:15:02

Okay Ray, pretend you're a news anchor, now tell me the story of Hilary leaving the 9/11 memorial early.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 09/17/16 at 14:17:12

WebsterMark wrote on 09/17/16 at 13:15:02:
Okay Ray, pretend you're a news anchor, now tell me the story of Hilary leaving the 9/11 memorial early.

I would use the word apparently, a lot.

Like apparently you like to pretend, and like others to play along,  with you  Kiss

Seriously, I am not a journalist, or schooled as such.
So is your point to prove I am bias, inept, or what?

I know you often frequent your job, in arguing a point, as if it gives your testimony more veracity, I guess.
Do you view yourself as more informed, right, on issues you chime in about?
Based on what, your experience?
Does your life experience cancel out mine, hold more value, or what?

I think my observation/post was pretty much straightforward....
Didn't/shouldn't need to be scanned.
I feel I enlisted input from others, not a challenge, but it seem some need to take it as an affront....
I can't do anything about that, sorry dude.  

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 09/17/16 at 17:39:01

Lighten the F up Francis......

If you don't want to, say no.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 09/17/16 at 17:52:40

He don't wanna'...  Lips Sealed

Can we get back to the Donald's problem with hairspray and self tanners...
It's more fun... Grin

With all the money he pays consultants,.. is no one willing to tell him he looks like an Oompa Loompa?...
He doesn't have to,.. he's doing it on purpose...
I see this as a problem...  
The leader of the free world cannot be a six foot Oompa Loompa...

What's he hiding under there?... Undecided

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 09/17/16 at 18:16:52

He is hiding rose law firm billing records, Clinton foundation accounts receivables and her medical reports, what else????

Hahaha  Grin

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 09/17/16 at 18:17:28

WebsterMark wrote on 09/17/16 at 17:39:01:
Lighten the F up Francis......

If you don't want to, say no.

Butt hurt much?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 09/18/16 at 04:14:41

Serowbot wrote on 09/17/16 at 17:52:40:

It's more fun... Grin

With all the money he pays consultants,.. is no one willing to tell him he looks like an Oompa Loompa?...

You don't really start a "looks" contest, do you? Mrs. Wobbly Pantsuit against Mr. Orange Hairspray?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 09/18/16 at 09:15:24

WebsterMark wrote on 09/18/16 at 04:14:41:
Serowbot wrote on 09/17/16 at 17:52:40:

It's more fun... Grin

You don't really start a "looks" contest, do you? Mrs. Wobbly Pantsuit against Mr. Orange Hairspray?

Can we start with what Sandy Berger was hiding in his panties?  Grin

Clinton are above all of us, even the those who have shed real blood to ensure her sovereignty.....

Clinton's are sucking leeches.

Those who support them are either scared sheetless of them, or just plain stupid, who have benefited greatly off the invention of Velcro tape.

Oh happy days await us, because the two parties rope dupes, with one lasso.

Get on the bus, makes no diff if its the one on the right, or the one on the left, the destination is the same.....

ALL ABOARD.........  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/16/24 at 09:21:12

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › No middle ground.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.