Interpreter....... (Read 72 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Interpreter.......
09/16/16 at 05:16:55

as one who grew up with a profound hearing loss, I had to learn useful tools, that's tools, not fools....
In order to participate in life.
Now understand, or HEAR me correct, I didn't know any difference, I was in this condition from birth, so I didn't overcome this deficient by shear smartness, no, I just adapted to circumstance  Grin

Anyway, let me tell you what the candidates running slogan means, and how people might "hear" it.

Let's make America great again....

Yes, if you didn't experience that greatness, or felt not included, it could mean a return to those times.
Granted, we are a nation built on immigration, but I know firsthand, that the first part of the 20th century was NOT what it seems to be, or remembered.
My wife grew up with a Spanish speaking family, as that was her race. However, her generation, her mother, would not allow it in the house, or teach her children their native tongue.
Yeah, I get the argument, but that does not discount the fact that she felt she needed to assimilate at 100%, or be denied opportunity based on her heritage. She just didn't imagine this on her own, it had to be rooted upon life experiences, and is not making America great again....

I'm with her......

Hillary is using her gender as a means to get votes, the historical significance of that accomplishment, and yes, it is, no argument can be made otherwise....
Many were denied opportunity at greatness based on gender, period. They did not have the same opportunities afforded them because of their sex.
That goes against the pursuit of happiness, I am afraid.
However, if I say I won't vote for her merely because she is a poor representative of her gender, based upon character, then I am a sexist, even tho I am only saying her gender gives me not enough reason to vote for her....

I bought the historical black vote with Obama in the first election, and I feel I made a bad mistake.
I don't say this because of his race, no, but based on his leadership abilities, or lack thereof.

What did you say, sorry, I didn't hear you....???

I ain't typing this in my mini keypad again  Grin Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Interpreter.......
Reply #1 - 09/16/16 at 15:06:21

Not often I get everyone to agree with me in total......

Uh, silence that is  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 09/16/16 at 15:22:19

Sometimes it's not exactly possible to agree OR disagree..
I'm not sure I know what point you were making.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 09/19/16 at 08:23:55

In the vacuum of space no one can hear you scream.

WWW   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 09/19/16 at 10:32:59

verslagen1 wrote on 09/19/16 at 08:23:55:
In the vacuum of space no one can hear you scream.

WHAT.........??????  Grin

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 09/19/16 at 15:28:09

Here's a number you have to seriously consider...
62% to 38%
A new Quinnipiac poll shows that American likely voters say by a 62% to 38% that Hillary Clinton is qualified to be president, but by a 61% to 38% margin that Donald Trump is not.

I don't see getting past that.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 09/19/16 at 16:12:47

Watching the Emmy's last night, you'd think Trump would not win a single vote...........  

How 62% can say Hillary is qualified is beyond me. Let's see, from recent events in Hillary's life, we see she's a habitual liar, untrustworthy to the point she'll throw anyone under the bus, tired looking, not healthy, and according to the FBI report on hiding her emails, she's shockingly stupid. Sounds qualified to me.......

And despite the fact you can't get past it, apparently a lot of people can because that same poll shows Trump cut Clinton's lead in half. From the end of August until now, she lost a lot of support. It takes a lot to overcome her lies...... Now imagine what happens when people factor in the NY City bombing for a few more days. Those are the people Hillary wants to dump on the US and Trump wants to keep out.

TRUMP CUTS CLINTON LEAD IN HALF,
QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY NATIONAL POLL FINDS,
MOST AMERICANS ARE VOTING AGAINST, NOT FOR, A CANDIDATE
In a largely negative presidential campaign, where most Americans are voting against, rather than for, a candidate, Democrat Hillary Clinton leads Republican Donald Trump 48 – 43 percent among likely voters nationwide, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today.
This compares to a 51 – 41 percent Clinton lead in an August 25 survey of likely voters nationwide, by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 09/19/16 at 17:49:05

Serowbot wrote on 09/19/16 at 15:28:09:
Here's a number you have to seriously consider...
62% to 38%
A new Quinnipiac poll shows that American likely voters say by a 62% to 38% that Hillary Clinton is qualified to be president, but by a 61% to 38% margin that Donald Trump is not.

I don't see getting past that.

Yes, but people are tired of that type of politics.
Her trust is even lower than his.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 09/20/16 at 08:13:25

I think we have nothing to worry about...

If she who must not be named is elected, she'll die in office or be incapacitated.

If Trump is elected, he'll be impeached inside the 1st year.

So, we need to start vetting those VP's... forgetaboutda Pres.

WWW   IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #9 - 09/20/16 at 08:56:35

Polls ????  Polls have a way of telling the people who are underwriting ($$$)the poll what THEY want to hear.     It is how the questions are phrased and who they ask.....   "likely voters" Who is that ???   60% X political party, 20% Y party and 20% registered independent ??????..... The polls are way to easily manipulated (sort of like the Democratic primaries) to put any faith in their accuracy?  Undecided

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 09/20/16 at 08:57:48

rump is elected, he'll be impeached inside the 1st

Precedent says otherwise.
I can't see how he could more deserve it than Bush or Clinton or Obama. None of them were removed.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #11 - 09/20/16 at 09:11:45

You can't see a trumped up case against Trump?
With every Democrat against him guaranteed and at least half the republicans, you think he stands a chance?

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 09/20/16 at 09:47:13

Well, since you put it that way,,  

Actually, impeachment leaves the chance he wins.
He's not stupid. He just might be smart enough to keep people close by, watching, possibly recording, what is going on.
Airplanes? Well, ya just never know..

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 09/20/16 at 10:29:30

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/20/16 at 09:47:13:
He's not stupid.  

Where do you get this stuff?... It's hilarious... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 09/20/16 at 11:03:08

Yeah, he Gumped it, no doubt.
He had HOW many bubs in the race for the nomination?
And little miss sweetness and light had to STEAL the nomination from a goofy old man, but trump is stupid.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 12:21:46

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Interpreter.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.