Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Wrinkled shirt an all....... (Read 81 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Wrinkled shirt an all.......
09/10/16 at 18:26:06

Still plugging away.....
I might make my goal this year still, that will be like 75 pounds shed in one year, golly!

My bike sure seems faster  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Wrinkled shirt an all.......
Reply #1 - 09/10/16 at 18:33:13

If I lostv75 pounds I would Literally be
Half the man I used to be.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 09/10/16 at 19:04:37

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/10/16 at 18:33:13:

Well if you do, try not to lose any in your fingers....
Bot would tease you unmercifully  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #3 - 09/10/16 at 19:47:18

Very impressive Raydawg. Keep up the good work.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 09/10/16 at 21:14:42

Gosh Ray !  Shocked

If I lost  75# I'd be a 115 # fence post   Grin

Congratulations  !!  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #5 - 09/11/16 at 06:14:44

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/10/16 at 18:33:13:

Me too. Great work Ray. I did the experiment years ago on the weight thing with a pair of 250 cc dualsport bikes (XR250R and DR250S) , the other rider 15 ish kg heavier than me. The bike with the lighter rider always won easily.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 09/11/16 at 06:32:31

No horse owner ever hired a Sumo wrestler to be the jockey.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #7 - 09/11/16 at 06:49:17

Congrats.
In the US, obesity has become the biggest killer. More deaths due to obesity in one year than we lost in 4 years of WWII. And those it doesn't kill, it cripples. Watching a friend who had been over 400 lbs his whole life dying slowly. See lots of back and knee problems. And diabetes. And heart disease.
Walk down the street and see lots of people who you'd only see in the freak show at Coney Island 30 years ago. The country is in trouble.
Good on you for taking your life and your body seriously.

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #8 - 09/11/16 at 07:48:22

According to one website that supposedly is "in the know", I'm obese at 6', 185 lbs. I see your point though.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #9 - 09/11/16 at 07:56:40

Kris,
That sounds pretty wrong to me.
However, multiple times I've had the same conversation:
Them-My back hurts, my knees hurt, I have no energy, etc.
Me-So, how much do you weigh, how tall are you, how old are you?
Them-xxxx
Me-So, you are exactly my height and age, and weigh exactly twice what I do. How well do you think I'd do carrying a person of my weight on my shoulders?
And, have you ever seen someone your weight at age 75 walking around on their own, in good condition? Do you think the aliens take away all the fat people? They are all dead, or laying in beds, or barely moving.
Them-Blank look....

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 09/11/16 at 08:14:42

Watch the older crowd who seem to be
Still Alive.
It's not the ones whose shadows passing over a flower crush the flower. If your Shadow weighs ten pounds, you're Phatt!
And how you hold your head and shoulders matters. Ears over the shoulder center line, chin up, shoulders back. The
Sad Sack posture is bad news. Asthmatics tend to slouch, which inhibits good breathing. The head rests in cars hold the head forward often, and those Ohh So Comfortable seats that Hug us?
They fold shoulders forward. I turn head rests bakkerds. And sit Up, so I can breathe.
Every time I see a geezer whose neck is stuck looking at the feet I pull my head vertical and back and get the shoulders back. The Marines have it right.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 09/11/16 at 08:22:58

Don't want to preach here, but share.....
I won't tell you what to do, but its not rocket science, either.

Our bodies are pretty amazing, fact is, they are priceless!
If this was a bike, car, boat, you'd take care of it.
However, we booze to access, burying problems with addictions instead of addressing the underlying cause.
Ditto with food.
We put some kind of comfort in eating.
And we eat poorly, and frankly, some folks don't have a clue how to eat.
Think before you engage, set portions, and stick to it....
That hunger feeling abates after 20 minutes or so, and fast, it does the body a lot of good.
You don't have to do one of those starvation types, just give up something that you crave or gives you comfort eating.....
It works.
You don't need meds to feel better, you have the capacity to fix yourself, by not getting high to the point of fooling yourself, eating right, and exercising....
Try it, give it a month, you can to that, yes?
And then see how you feel, what you got to lose?  Grin

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 09/11/16 at 08:32:38

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/11/16 at 08:14:42:
Watch the older crowd who seem to be
Still Alive.
It's not the ones whose shadows passing over a flower crush the flower. If your Shadow weighs ten pounds, you're Phatt!
And how you hold your head and shoulders matters. Ears over the shoulder center line, chin up, shoulders back. The
Sad Sack posture is bad news. Asthmatics tend to slouch, which inhibits good breathing. The head rests in cars hold the head forward often, and those Ohh So Comfortable seats that Hug us?
They fold shoulders forward. I turn head rests bakkerds. And sit Up, so I can breathe.
Every time I see a geezer whose neck is stuck looking at the feet I pull my head vertical and back and get the shoulders back. The Marines have it right.

Jog baby, at times you are a little shrill.....
Some folk have affirmatives, and your generalizations seem harsh, buddy.

I have had 3 back surgeries, the last one botched.
My first was in my 20's.
I was born with an extra vertebra, and it caused problems.
I now have drop foot, and I walk with a limp, even when I wear my brace.
However, it doesn't stop me, its my right foot, so I can still press down on the brake....
Might be an issue with shifting if it had been the left.
Yesterday, I loaded 30, 60 pound bags of concrete into my truck, off loaded it, then loaded each bag into the mixer, two bags at a time ( mixing) poured into a wheel barrow, wheeled it over, poured it in the frame/slab I am making to store the bike and lawn stuff in a covered shed.
My muscle ain't particular happy this morning, but I still go on....
If I rise from a seat, taking an extra second to straighten, so be it, once up, I am a stud....
If you find fault in my technique, well you can just eat me ( remember, we are talking food here  Grin )    

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 09/11/16 at 08:41:28

Your imagining my voice all wrong, bud.
If people Can't do something, they just can't. I don't Judge them, demean them or anything. I'm just tossing observations and suggestions. My wife is one of those asthmatics, and a respiratory therapist,but she will not focus on the posture and make her breathing easier.. so, I shaddup. The headrest thing is something that I recommend. My neck has been seriously abused and it's really uncomfortable with the chin over my package..
If it can't be removed or reversed, then you can't try it. Not suggesting you burn the car.

And I'm not about to eat you until you have finished the transformation. I'm Done eating meat. You're just gonna hafta become a complete vegetable before I even consider it.

Another few days of two tons of cement and you might be there. You're tougher than I am.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 09/11/16 at 10:49:25

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/11/16 at 08:41:28:
Your imagining my voice all wrong, bud.
If people Can't do something, they just can't. I don't Judge them, demean them or anything. I'm just tossing observations and suggestions. My wife is one of those asthmatics, and a respiratory therapist,but she will not focus on the posture and make her breathing easier.. so, I shaddup. The headrest thing is something that I recommend. My neck has been seriously abused and it's really uncomfortable with the chin over my package..
If it can't be removed or reversed, then you can't try it. Not suggesting you burn the car.

And I'm not about to eat you until you have finished the transformation. I'm Done eating meat. You're just gonna hafta become a complete vegetable before I even consider it.

Another few days of two tons of cement and you might be there. You're tougher than I am.

Buddy, I don't believe you are ever motivated by anything but sincerity....
I just wanna help you package it, where its easier to sell  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 08:27:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › Wrinkled shirt an all.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.