Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New saddlebags installed (Read 52 times)
RaleighGuy

It's as easy as

Raleigh, NC
New saddlebags installed
09/06/16 at 09:25:04

Well, since I've been having a tough time finding bags that are large enough, look good and actually fit behind those stock mounted turn signals, I decided NOT to buy some expensive leather bags quite yet. Instead, I bought some el-cheapo Stansport saddlebags from Amazon and installed them. I thought the retro look of the bags would go well with the S40 and I think I my instinct was right.

All I did was spray them with some 3M waterproofing Scotchgard to try to ensure my belongings aren't completely soaked when I get caught in a quick rainshower. The bags were only $25 and can hold two decent sizes bags of groceries in each.

What do you think of the looks?

IMG_6009.JPG

2012 S40 Boulevard (White and Silver) - small changes so far like windshield, sissy bar, saddlebags... but mostly stock.
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Re: New saddlebags installed
Reply #1 - 09/06/16 at 09:51:17

Looks fine to me.    FYI.  Any thing you don't want to get wet should be put in a heavy duty plastic garbage bag, and then into the saddle bags.  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 09/06/16 at 09:51:47

I like them better than the OEM Suzuki bags that I've got on my bike right now(Which cost a little more than twice as much as yours Sad )

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #3 - 09/06/16 at 10:22:20

I think the correct word to describe them is "vintage."  I like the looks of them.  

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/seattle-sports-waterproof-dry-bag-small~p~25...

I've learned to use dry bags that hikers and other enthusiasts use.   I don't worry about my phone or camera getting ruined anymore.  I got this in the 10L & 20L, for $12 bucks you can't beat it.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #4 - 09/06/16 at 13:26:18

Raleigh,

The saddle bags look nice.

What are you using for supports to keep the bags from getting tangled up in the wheel and belt?

Kenny G

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 09/06/16 at 16:16:36

Add To Cart
Out of stock. More inventory may be available. Alert me when this item is back in stock.

Looks like you got the last ones
Would a bigger one fit?
Did they come with brackets?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
RaleighGuy

It's as easy as

Raleigh, NC
Reply #6 - 09/07/16 at 07:33:58

Kenny G wrote on 09/06/16 at 13:26:18:
Raleigh,
The saddle bags look nice.
What are you using for supports to keep the bags from getting tangled up in the wheel and belt?

Justin_o_guy2 said:

Add To Cart
Out of stock. More inventory may be available. Alert me when this item is back in stock.

Looks like you got the last ones
Would a bigger one fit?
Did they come with brackets?

---------------------------------------------------------------

KennyG,

No, the supports didn't come with them. I had to get some regular ol' OEM Boulevard saddlebag supports to keep them off the wheels.

pg,

I've seen several of those water-tight bags at REI here in Raleigh, I think that's a great idea!! I'll try to pick up a couple of those before hurricane season has much of a chance to take hold of us this fall. Thanks.   Cool

and JOG,

I just checked Amazon about five minutes ago and they said they have them in stock. I was wrong though, they were $29.99, not $25. I looked at some that were $25 but I like the looks of these much better. And no, I would NOT suggest getting anything much bigger. They sit right up against the turn signal housings as they sit right now. But it's easy enough for me to swing my leg across as I get on and off the seat. I'm happy with them.

https://www.amazon.com/Stansport-766-Saddle-Bag/dp/B004Z1239G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=U...

2012 S40 Boulevard (White and Silver) - small changes so far like windshield, sissy bar, saddlebags... but mostly stock.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 17:14:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › New saddlebags installed

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.